on 20 January 2010
My 6 year old daughter and I had great fun making these animals. Good for beginners and manageable independently for children aged 6-8(after a bit of training). Highly recommended by my daughter.
on 30 December 2010
My twelve-year-old son found it a little difficult to follow the instructions, which was surprising as he's very good at constructing Lego models. However, with a bit of adult help he was able to make a number of pretty animals - elephant, butterfly, bird, etc. There is a background on which to put these figures to add to the overall effect.
on 4 January 2014
Bought this for my 9 year old daughter, who was delighted. We've tried a few, but I found it quite difficult to read and understand the instructions. I think this is me rather than the diagrams and I fully intend, with my daughter of course, to master this art of origami. The stand up back drop is a welcome addition. There are several squares of each animal, so don't worry if the first one looks more like a crushed snotty tissue than an elegant cheetah.
on 20 July 2013
Quite a challenge to put some of these together, adult supervision recommended (kids will find some instructions extremely difficult to replicate even when being shown), and while the paper is nice, the "backdrop" that is provided is flimsy and keeps trying to fold up (won't stay flat). Note that because the paper is already coloured, this limits creativity in terms of also colouring in the animals.
on 10 January 2013
Brilliant fun, well made product. Spare paper for if it goes wrong. Looking for sets with different animals now. Recommended.
on 30 December 2010
Great value for money, will keep my 8 year old happy for a long time!
I will use it for decorating birthday cards
on 2 March 2013
Much much smaller than I expected instructions were difficult to follow. It just lacked substance for me and my daughter.
on 20 February 2016
😃 Fantastic product and highly recommend seller. 😃 The item was well packaged with no signs of wear and tear or damage. 😃 Created many hours of fun and enjoyment. 😃 (Not age appropriate as this it very difficult and requires lots of patience. This was bought for my 5yr old niece who found it very difficult, and needed a lot of help. The designer of this product really needs to alter the recommended age of this product.) 😃
on 15 April 2014
far too difficult for a child, hard for an adult even. Save your money and look on Youtube for origami videos.
on 6 February 2016
This item was 'designed' to be from age 5 up. My granddaughter age 6 is bright, and fascinated with origami, but she had no chance of understanding how to make these animals. Her mother and I had a huge struggle ourselves. Her mum took all evening to make a set. So it was a great disappointment.