5.0 out of 5 stars RC Dark Impact

Published 10 months ago by Kaz40

5.0 out of 5 stars RC Dark Impact, 4 Jan 2012
G. Forbes (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tamiya Electric DF-03 Dark Impact 4WD Buggy Kit (Toy)
An excellent 4wd remote control car. Takes roughly 5 hours to build it correctly. Complicated dif assembly but satisfying when you get it completed. Kit still requires an electronic speed controller, battery, remote control and servo to make the kit fully functional. Very fast car with excellent handling and runs great on all surfaces be it tarmac, sand and even grass. I also have an old Tamiya Madcap and this car leaves it for dust but then again the Madcap is nearly 23 years old!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Chassis, 18 Jan 2012
This review is from: Tamiya Electric DF-03 Dark Impact 4WD Buggy Kit (Toy)
This chassis gives great stability and a great starter kit for people wishing to get into This hobby as it is quite easy to assemble. I got this kit when I was 14 and was able to build it myself without any help. I wouldn't advise letting a child build the kit by themselves though if you are giving this as a gift for a child if they haven't had any experience in building RC cars before hand. make sure your by their side to make sure they don't do anything dangerous or are damaging parts. This isn't because the kits hard to assemble but for safety and common sense. I only built it young because I had previous experience and new what I was doing. I'd advise though if you are going to get this kit to also buy a slipper clutch to help protect the gears.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheapest by far, 7 July 2013
This review is from: Tamiya Electric DF-03 Dark Impact 4WD Buggy Kit (Toy)
Having searched everywhere this was the cheapest I could find this car on the net by around £40 and was free delivery. Great model turned up within a couple of day. Very happy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tamiya impact car, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: Tamiya Electric DF-03 Dark Impact 4WD Buggy Kit (Toy)
Well took a lot longer to arrive than stated. And had to pay a hefty customs charge. So buy locally I would advise as you may save initially but you won't allways save money or wait as long, it was for my husband for Christmas, he seemed pleased with it! Still to assemble though so can't give full rating, but other second hand tamiya buggy's are exceptional quality 'toughness' speed and off course fun! Just watch out for pedestrians and animals as can reach a very fast speed! Just a note iff you are new to tamiya cars, you need to purchase a battery pack and remote separately, I read the small print and was aware that you only got the buggy in kit form, my husband previously purchasing second hand got thease two said items included with purchase off buggy.

1.0 out of 5 stars not good value, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Tamiya Electric DF-03 Dark Impact 4WD Buggy Kit (Toy)
I recently brought this car for £118.00 + £19.00 fast shipping, to then fine out theres a £46.00 custom charge.
on opening the product I find out its just the car and nothing else in total this car has cost me £295!!! the only
Reason I did not send it back is it would have cost me more money

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch the Price!, 4 April 2014
James Portway (Bury St.Edmunds, Suffolk United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tamiya Electric DF-03 Dark Impact 4WD Buggy Kit (Toy)
I'm sure the kit will be fine but I have just had to pay £34 to the good people at Customs in order to pick up the parcel. If I had known this I would have shopped locally

Tamiya Electric DF-03 Dark Impact 4WD Buggy Kit