5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra sharp, 3 Dec 2009
This review is from: Kyocera FK Anthracite Ceramic Slicing Knife (Kitchen & Home)
This was bought for me as a present after I complained about a mandoline I had bought (didn't cut thin enough). If you are confident with a knife then for me, this beats a mandoline hands down. It doesn't flex at all so you can get really wafer thin vegetable slices, especially potatoes for gratins & boulangerie potato dishes. It really is very sharp and has remained so after a years use. It's not really ideal for meat unless you are trimming the fat off, for example, braising steak but I wouldn't use it on any piece of meat with a bone in it as it would probably snap. As it is so light it is also not ideal for chopping herbs but bear in mind that it is a slicing knife. A little expensive but cheap knives are cheap knives and if you enjoy cooking this is a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MAGNIFICENT TOOL, 15 Aug 2009
Priscilla Birt "Granny Racer" (Newcastle-upon-Tyne, U.K) - See all my reviews
This is truly a magnificent tool, razor-sharp,comfortable to hold and light to use, with a blade that cannot taint the food, I have used it for the delicate slicing of cucumber and tomato and also for quartering a whole pineapple , in both these tasks the fact that the blade does not flex has proved to be a godsend, this factor also enables me to slice a loaf both thinly and accurately ,which I have never been able to do before. A ceramic knife does have a few drawbacks, for instance, it MUST be used on a wooden or plastic surface and ,though it cuts through meat with silken ease, it must NOT be used on bone or to attack frozen food but all-in-all it is a real boon in the kitchen and well worth the price. would not be without mine now

5.0 out of 5 stars crazy sharp, 1 Jan 2012
OK the first knife I got whilst sharp was a disappointment not as sharp as a zirconium oxide(white blade) one I have, on close inspection the blade wasn't sharpened correctly on both sides,

a replacement was promptly sent, and WOW sharp inst the word, it is noticeably sharper than ANY knife I have ever owned. the edge is like a shard if glass.

now if you want a multi-purpose knife this isn't for you, you can't bone with it you can't chop with the point pressed into the chopping block. you cant for EG. cut a corn in the cob in two (I snapped one doing this, never again) you have to slice in a straight line.

Over time the blade has tiny chips on it, this is normal and the blunting process for ceramic knives but it dosnt seem to be affecting its overall sharpness. you cannot sharpen these knifes without a dedicated ceramic knife sharpener, you can buy one (expensive) or send it away to get sharpened. this is becoming cheaper (about £15) but you wont have to do this often

but for cutting veg, fruit, boneless meat, sliceing tomatoes so thin they are almost transparent, this is the knife for it.

TL:DR an excellent addition to any kitchen, follow the instructions and you will have razor sharp knife for years to come

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen knife, 16 Jun 2011
Everything that has been claimed for ceramic knives is true, a truly top quality product and I will buy others from the Kyocera range.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dog's Gentleman's Furniture, 9 Jan 2011
My wife bought this for me for Christmas and crossed her fingers that it wouldn't end up in a divorce! It was supposed to be a tester for me to decide if I'd like the entire set, but who needs a whole set when this little beauty does most jobs already: slicing and chopping that you'd expect, but this mean SOAB cuts through huge joints with no effort at all. Use with caution; don't leave it lying around on the side or thrown in the sinks of soapy water without expecting a trip to A&E. Treat it with respect and it'll be your favourite kitchen toy. As a health and safety precaution, wives should not be allowed to use them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Feel Blade:, 20 Feb 2014
I chose this rating because the service reflected such rating. The knife is a quality item, well made and deserving of someone who knows what they are doing in the kitchen. In terms of recommendation, I would have no problem in so recommending to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars just for me, 10 Jan 2014
I have tried and I have never used another knife as sharp I will by more for the bothers and sisters

5.0 out of 5 stars Best knife, 16 Nov 2013
M. Dixon "Mark" (UK) - See all my reviews
Words cannot say enough how good this knife is! just Brilliant. cuts the hardest fruit with ease, I have started my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice knife, 23 Jan 2013
Pretty pleased with this seller although the item looks a bit longer in the picture and I consider that the packaging was not perfect for a ceramic knife but everything was perfect in the end. The product was as described and it reached me in perfect condition so... They are German they know what they are doing...

As for the knife... well... I used to sharpen my wife's knives until I could shave the hair on my hand with them am usually they were cutting perfect for at least one week. She already has this one for 2 weeks now and it is still going. The last ceramic blade knife was in pretty good condition after 3 years of usage... I can only say that if you really know what a sharp knife is... this will satisfy you.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG LOVE IT, LOVE IT, 14 Mar 2012
M. J. Bobbe "Melanie Bobbe" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I've never been moved to write a review before but having received my kyocera knife this morning, OMG, it is brilliant, just slices through everything like butter, chips no prob, tomatoes sliced to a sliver. I'm a home cook who loves Heston, mastchef, etc, and i cannot recommend this knife enough (or other ceramic knives), the only downside I can think of is that these knives are seriously sharp and should come with a safety cover as per norm and not charge extra but saying that, you've been warned! Brilliant service from this provider, came very quickly and would recommend them. In fact it's my birthday in a couple of weeks and I'm going to ask all my family/friends, etc to buy me more ceramic knives and maybe a knife sharpener.

Kyocera FK Anthracite Ceramic Slicing Knife