4.0 out of 5 stars no need to change the transmitter
Published on 2 Nov. 2010 by Ursula

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't receive the Wearlink+ strap... but the Soft Strap
While the product description is for the Wearlink+ strap, the strap I received is the Polar Soft Strap. It has the same snaps for my transmitter to attach, but I'm not sure whether this is suitable for swimming. Both the Wearlink+ and the Soft Strap are shown on Polar's site, but don't provide any information.

I haven't tried it for swimming yet, it appears as...
Published on 12 May 2012 by twinksie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars no need to change the transmitter, 2 Nov. 2010
Ursula (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polar Wearlink Plus Soft Strap Only Size M-XXL (Sports)
I used my wearlink with RS200 (strap and transmitter)for just over a year when the battery died. However after replacing the battery it only worked well for a while, then it would frequently "lose" the heart rate. I could see that the battery was OK because other functions of the transmitter were working (like changing the view of the data on the watch by bringing it close to the transmitter). That's why I suspected that the element that is failing is the actual strap (wearlink), possibly the electrodes failing. What you are buying here is just the wearlink strap without the transmitter. I think it is not very clear from the description. That is why it is cheaper compared to Polar WearLink 31 Coded Transmitter Set M-XXL

And yes, I was right, it does work perfectly again with my old transmitter! If you suspect the same problem save yourself some money and only replace the strap and not the whole thing.

Happy running!

5.0 out of 5 stars Polar strap better than Garmin's soft strap, 26 Sept. 2011
M. D. Speight (Teesside, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polar Wearlink Plus Soft Strap Only Size M-XXL (Sports)
I use the Garmin 310XT for running and cycling. Garmin's own "soft strap" whilst comfortable to wear gives faulty heart rate readings (shows massive maximum heart rate when wearing certain top clothing). This Polar strap works far better than the Garmin soft strap with Garmin's own Heart Rate transmitter and gives none of the erroneous heart rate readings. Press stud fitting makes it interchangeable with the Garmin transmitter, not just the Polar one it was designed for. Well done Polar for a good quality strap that has none of the weaknesses of competitor's models and is even compatible with their Heart Rate Transmitters!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixes spike issues with the Garmin premium soft strap, 7 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Polar Wearlink Plus Soft Strap Only Size M-XXL (Sports)
As previous reviewers have commented, the "Polar Soft Strap" (NOT the "Polar Wearlink+ Strap" - there is a difference) is finally the perfect solution to heart rate spikes experienced with the Garmin premium soft strap. See the DCRainmaker.com website for an in depth description of the issue (I can't leave a link in this review, but the article is titled "A solution to heart rate dropouts/spikes with Garmin HR Soft Straps"). Simply buy the "Polar Soft Strap" and snap your Garmin transmitter on to it (no need to chop bits out like a previous fix using the "Polar Wearlink+ Strap"). I've experienced no heart rate spikes or drop out issues with this strap. It's slightly thicker elastic than the Garmin strap, so doesn't ruck up and is less prone to slipping down whilst running. I've no idea how well it works with Polar kit, but I'm extremely happy with how it performs with the Garmin transmitter attached.

A proper picture of the Polar Soft Strap is on the polar.fi website. The current picture on Amazon here is the plain Wearlink+ Strap not the Soft Strap that is actually being sold.

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't receive the Wearlink+ strap... but the Soft Strap, 12 May 2012
This review is from: Polar Wearlink Plus Soft Strap Only Size M-XXL (Sports)

I haven't tried it for swimming yet, it appears as though this Soft Strap has a larger electrode area.

I'll update the review after I've tried it out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Short life but great replacement service, 31 Jan. 2012
John Boy (Bristol United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Polar Wearlink Plus Soft Strap Only Size M-XXL (Sports)
I'm on my third Wearlink+ strap and it's just become erratic after 8 months use. However, Polar UK guarantee it for two years and have a great replacement service, hence 4 stars. I posted it to Polar at 4:20 p.m. on 2nd February and I received the replacement at 9:30 a.m. on 4th February. So make sure that you keep your receipts and proof of purchase.

I've found that the elastic tends to lose elasticity after a few months of wear several times a week, and its ended up slipping down to my waist on gym 'sweatfest' sessions; however the buckle can be adjusted so that the strap fits tighter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Replacement HRM Strap, 6 Nov. 2013
Graham Mccarthy "gmccarthy15" (Cheshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Polar Wearlink Plus Soft Strap Only Size M-XXL (Sports)
Like several other reviewers here I have experienced unpredictable readings using my Garmin soft strap that I got with my Garmin Forerunner 910XT GPS Watch with Premium Heart Rate Monitor. My Garmin device would frequently report a hear rate of over 220 bpm and I'm quite sure that if that was my actual heart rate I'd have noticed some symptoms, maybe even experienced what the inside of an ambulance looks like. Like some other reviewers I also noticed that the make of shirt that I was wearing seemed to give different results. After much research I read that this Polar strap is compatible with the Garmin heart rate monitor sender device and that people had reported it to be more reliable and so decided to give it a try.

I've now had this Polar Plus soft strap for just over a month now and have used it maybe 15 times in that period. To date it has never given a reading over 180bpm and so I've come to trust the readings far more than the Garmin strap and can now resume heart rate training.

So just to confirm - this Polar heart rate monitor strap is compatible with the Garmin heart rate monitor sender device used on the Forerunner series of devices, the press-stud distance and size are identical and so no modifications are required. It gives more accurate readings that the Garmin strap and so I have no hesitation in recommending it.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Cautious Hmm (3.5 Stars would be my preference), 15 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Polar Wearlink Plus Soft Strap Only Size M-XXL (Sports)
I read the advice about the Garmin Premium HR strap being pretty erratic (it is) and got a Polar Wearlink+ strap, I'll give this advice a cautious "Hmm" as in my experience (others may vary) the Polar strap requires that you follow the washing advice to the letter. When you do it does indeed give fewer spikes and errors than the Garmin strap but woe betide if you forget, not even conductive gel can persuade it to work until you wash it as per instructions has been my experience every time.
Fair play, instructions are there for a purpose but I am slightly baffled why even one use renders it inoperable until cleaned and dried.

Update 22/06/2012:
The performance of this strap deteriorated to the point where I was at the point of throwing it away until I read the instructions on the Garmin Forums and a site called "DC Rainmaker" about cutting it in half between the contacts, I was sceptical but it has restored the strap to its initial reliability. The reasoning behind this seemingly mad idea is that it prevents moisture bridging the contacts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, 27 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Polar Wearlink Plus Soft Strap Only Size M-XXL (Sports)
Had an old Polar wear link that had a strap which connected a bit differently. It wasn't a loop like this one, just a straight strap that snapped on to the transmitter at each end. I was a little concerned that the old transmitter wouldn't be compatible. Need not have worried. It works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wearlink+ v. Polar Soft strap, 2 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Polar Wearlink Plus Soft Strap Only Size M-XXL (Sports)
I almost sent this back before opening as I thought I had been sent the wrong strap. I ordered the Wearlink+ and received Soft Strap as a previous reviewer had done. However, having read other postings I opened the strap and now realise that this is an improved (in my opinion) version of the original and the electrode (which you can't see through the packaging) is effectively taped to the inside of the strap so it is less bulky than the Wearlink + strap. I also used to find attaching the sensor a bit cumbersome (my press stud broke which is why I had to replace the strap). On the new strap you click the sensor on top of the strap at the front and do the strap up with a hook at the back. I now have to try it out but sounds good from the other reviews....

5.0 out of 5 stars solved the problem, 22 July 2011
This review is from: Polar Wearlink Plus Soft Strap Only Size M-XXL (Sports)
It was annoying when the polar monitor ceased to record accurately. Eventually I sourced the problem - the strap. Not the battery gizmo attached to the strap but the actual sensor pads on the strap itself. Such a relief as all other solutions are quite expensive. But don't make my mistake of buying the wrong strap which didn't take the snap-on battery! It's also sold by Polar but I can't think why. All in all quite a business but this thing solved it all.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›