Our Darkest Days
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£12.75+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 10 June 2006
I first saw Ignite on the Vans stage at the Leeds festival in 99. They were selling a self-released compilation of their Call on My Brothers album and the self-titled Ep. It's solid hardcore punk-rock.

Then came A Place Called Home...an amazing album. Chock full of songs blurring the line between punk and hardcore, wrapped up in an almost counter-intuitive heaviness that made the album a classic that, along with the pertinance of the lyrics kept it relevant and essential all the way through the long wait for the next album.

I'm writing this only half-way through my first listen of the album and this may be a record of their Darkest Days, but it's a pretty good day for me. This album is the perfect sum of the outstanding parts.

The vocals are typically soaring, the tunes retain the heaviness of 'A Place called Home' wrapped around grade-A hardcore.

I could go on, but the point of this review is that if you're an Ignite fan, you need this album.
on 22 February 2013
Fantastic melodic hardcore album that has great sounding lyrics to match the music! Grabs you instantly and does not put you down until it stops super catchy from start to finish not a poor song on it, can't recommend enough so just buy it!
on 15 October 2006
Well what can i say this album is amazing ! I recently got in to the genre of hardcore/punk and i stumbled across this i had never heard them befor but i thought i would give them a go. All i can say is i'm glad i did give it a go !