4.0 out of 5 stars A good album from rihanna but not as good as her first
Don't get me wrong this album is really good, but i feel her first album is better.Here's a review of each song:
SOS-10/10 A brillant choice for the first single, a great dance tune
Kisses don't lie-10/10 A great pop/rock tunes one of my favourites off the album
Unfaithful-10/10 Written by ne-yo,it would defo be a hit which it was i think it went to number...
Published on 25 Oct 2008 by C. Cox

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected...
Hey there.

Well... Rihanna's second offering, released only shortly after her first album. I must admit that I didn't buy her first album because at first I wasn't a huge fan of either her two single releases, 'Pon De Replay' and 'If It's Lovin' You Want'. However when I heard 'S.O.S', the first single from this album, and saw the glossy-Madonna-esque video I...
Published on 3 May 2006 by Christopher Stubbins

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Aug 2014
Mr. N. A. Palmer "naps" (bristol uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
a super product many thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Rihanna is the hottest sex siren ever!, 30 Aug 2006
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
before y'all start yawning, i wanna say that Rihanna is hot with a lotta creativity, laden with sex appeal, topped with charisma and finished up with the sexiest singing voice ever!

the first time i saw the pon De Replay vid,i thot to myself "now who is this again?'.before i knew it,i was caught on the vibe.I swear it,anytime i walk into any club here in Nigeria,the Dj sights me,plays that song and i go gaga on the dancefloor! But wat bout now? 'A girl like me" is her best effort to date!!!!!!!!That album is so ill! I just love the song "SOS"......whic has got an infectious beat slinking over a heavy drumline and catchy lyrics. But my fav on the album after "Unfaithful' that is, is the slow ballad titled "Final Goodbye'.That song is so hauntingly beautiful; and really deep.

5 stars to rihanna! She mos def Rocks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Oct 2014
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
my daughter loves this cd

5.0 out of 5 stars brill CD!, 6 Aug 2006
S. Matthews "arsenal fan" (a house) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
I bought this CD a while ago and having listened to the entire CD i absolutely love it, my fave tracks are SOS, We ride, Dem haters, Break it off, Selfish Girl but i also love the other songs. I would recommend this for a summer CD so buy it!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rihanna, 15 Nov 2013
Ms. W. G. Dodd (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
Rihanna at her best before the likes of Chris Brown et al spoilt her. This is a sweet thoughtful album

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent cd, 11 May 2013
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
my daughter is a big fan she says its a great cd very good condition and excellent value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this album, 17 Feb 2013
Mr Alex Hughes (Rugeley, Stafforshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
Back in the day when Riri first got recognised and she caught my eye so I think the songs on this album are brilliant. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Album, 14 Feb 2011
P. MCALLISTER (Aberdeen, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
What a brilliant album. Lots of great songs on it, and worth it even just for the one song I was buying it for. Love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars S.O.S. - More dancehall please, 25 April 2006
Amanda Richards "Hotpurplekoolaid" (ECD, Guyana) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
As can be seen from the album jackets, there are a couple of things that Rihanna has improved since her debut album "Music of the Sun". One of these things is that she has expanded her range from reggae/dancehall and lovers' rock to include pop and R&B.

Hit single "S.O.S." is an extremely catchy track, deservedly getting lots of radio play, and the best track to set the tone for the rest of the album. Second single "Unfaithful" is the opposite - a slow pop ballad with a lot of piano in the background, similar to another track, "A Million Miles Away". "We Ride" is another slow song, but more on the R&B side, as is the sad "Final Goodbye", "P.S. (I'm still Not Over You)" and "A Girl Like Me", with its Spanish guitar backing.

Reggae tracks include "Kisses Don't Lie" (a lover's rock beat); "Dem Haters" (again a slow beat); "Break It Off" (an energetic dancehall track with red hot Sean Paul - great track); "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" (slow jam, not the Queen song); "Selfish Girl" (another slow one); and a remix of "If It's Lovin' That You Want" from the first album.

A reasonably good follow up to "Music of the Sun", but too heavy on the ballads which I don't think are her strongest area. A few more of her trademark Dancehall tracks would have made this a much better album.

Amanda Richards

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, 14 Aug 2007
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
Great album and an exceptionally good follow up.Great R&B feel that oozes energy and boy does it make you want to boogie....unless your me as my kids will tell you.....No rythm!!

A Girl Like Me
A Girl Like Me by Rihanna (Audio CD - 2006)