4.0 out of 5 stars A good album from rihanna but not as good as her first
Don't get me wrong this album is really good, but i feel her first album is better.Here's a review of each song:
SOS-10/10 A brillant choice for the first single, a great dance tune
Kisses don't lie-10/10 A great pop/rock tunes one of my favourites off the album
Published on 25 Oct 2008 by C. Cox

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected...
Hey there.

Well... Rihanna's second offering, released only shortly after her first album. I must admit that I didn't buy her first album because at first I wasn't a huge fan of either her two single releases, 'Pon De Replay' and 'If It's Lovin' You Want'. However when I heard 'S.O.S', the first single from this album, and saw the glossy-Madonna-esque video I...
Published on 3 May 2006 by Christopher Stubbins

4.0 out of 5 stars A good album from rihanna but not as good as her first, 25 Oct 2008
C. Cox "Rachel" (uk) - See all my reviews
SOS-10/10 A brillant choice for the first single, a great dance tune
Unfaithful-10/10 Written by ne-yo,it would defo be a hit which it was i think it went to number 2,i loved this song,but then i got bored of it coz it was being overplayed but now i love it again
We ride-7/10 A good song from rihanna but not one of her best, i don't think it should have been released as a single
Dem haters feat dwane husbands-10/10 A great tune about how to deal with haters
Final goodbye-10/10 A nice ballad from rihanna
Break it off feat sean paul-10/10 One of my favourite songs off the album, a great dancehall tune
Crazy little thing called love feat j-status-10/10 A lovely song
Selfish girl-10/10- Another good song
p.s(i'm still not over you)-10/10 Rihanna singing about not being over someone completely, i'm sure everyone can relate
A girl like me-10/10 A nice heartfelt song
A million miles away-10/10 A lovely ballad,one of my favourite songs off the album.
I'm not going to review the two bonus tracks as i reviewed them on her first album,its really annoying when they include her old songs from previous albums.
I do like this album and i feel it needs to be in your collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars SOS, 16 April 2012
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
The first of the 3 hit-laden albums by Rihanna I bought recently. No less than 6 singles here - SOS and Unfaithful are the only ones I recognised though! The others were We Ride, Break It Off, If It's Lovin That You Want, and Pon de Replay. The last two were copied over from her debut album, which I dont have.

The standout song here is SOS, and there isn't anything else like that on this mostly chilled out, ballad-heavy album. SOS is a really great example of sampling Soft Cell's fantastic Tainted Love, I love how Rihanna's done it - just using the background music and then singing one line from the original song spliced onto a totally different song. Very clever, and a great dance anthem too.

The rest is a mostly good listen but only Unfaithful grabs me of the other songs. I enjoy We Ride, If It's Lovin, Pon de Replay and ballads like Final Goodbye, P.S.(I'm still not over you) and A million miles away.

When I first heard SOS I never thought Rihanna would make it as big as she has, but there was no denying her unusual nasal voice from the begining, as shown here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellence with age, 7 April 2006
Jai Clarke Binns (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
This is a great album. All the 11 tracks on the US release of the album are excellent. The second single that is going to be released off the album is a slow piano and i ballad called "Unfaithful". About a girl going out with a guy and she is having an affairs, and it is killing the guy inside. Also there is a song called "Dem Haters" which is a typical Caribbean flavoured song. Also there is a very good r'n'b song called "We Ride" which will have your head bobbing along to the catchy chorus all this summer. And another very good song is "Kisses Don't Lie" which is a rock/r'n'b fusion.
But the only thing that is bad about the album is that the US realese has two remix tracks from the old album, but a song called "No Looking Back" that is not on the Japan release album. But the Japanese release has three songs that are not on the US version of the album "Break It Off" feat. Sean Paul which is a sure fire club beat for the summer. the other two songs are "Bring It Back" and "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" feat. J-Status. And are three bonus tracks included on the album.
So it may wortwhile taking a look at the Japanese import version of the album.
But despite that Rihanna is back and she is making her mark in the music industry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked, 24 Nov 2006
*E*M*M*A* (Derbyshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
Brilliant CD - one of my favs at da mo. Always quite liked Rihanna's songs but "Unfaithful" prompted me to finally buy it. Compared to the other songs she's released off the album, the album itself is way better! Great range of styles and tempos. All round great performance with excellent vocals. Only song i don't like is SOS so if u thought that was good, you'll love the album coz its 10 time better!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Album, 7 Sep 2006
Forever Free (London, Engalnd) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
This is the the type of album that you have to listen to a couple of times to get used to it, as i didn't like it at first. I love it now. It has some beautiful reggae tracks and she stays true to her beijan roots. (Rhianna is from Barbados, not America). SOS is a club hit, produced well. Unfaithfull is beautiful, and the res comprise of standard album tracks and well loved and very listenable songs.

Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars [] A Girl Like Me, 6 Jan 2007
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
i was suprised that Rihanna brought out a new album so quickly. i honestly thought that 'Pon Da Replay' was on this album (well i know it is but only as a bonus track lol).

i was happy she did bring out this album though as it contains some very good songs including my personal favourite 'S.O.S' i absolutely love this song and enjoyed Rihanna doing a song that is also a bit 'dancy'.

the hits dont stop there though because this album is full of really good tracks that everyone can enjoy.

stand out tracks =

Break It Off

5.0 out of 5 stars Best follow up album and summer album of 2006, 3 April 2007
L. Hutley "L" (kent, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
This album's a masterpiece! here's my review of all the songs;

01. SOS - This is the first single and went to #2 in the UK charts and is at #8 in the overall chart of 2006. This is a classic and a sample of tainted love. What a dance track. 9/10

02. Kisses Don't Lie - A fantastic carribean song. 9/10

03. Unfaithful - An emotive ballad and my personal favourite on the album and is my favourite song ever. Simply the best track of 2006. Second single which peaked at #2 aswell (shoulda been number 1) and is at #24 in the overall chart of 2006. 100/10

04. We Ride - Third single which was a bit underrated hitting a poor #15. But is a great song on this album. And another carribean track. 9/10

05. Dem Haters - Another carribean track and is great but repetitive. 8/10

06. Final Goodbye - An effortless ballad which is lovely and is not exaggerated. 9/10

07. Break It Off - I love this song and shoulda been released. 9/10

08. Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Ok but nothing new. 7/10

09. Selfish Girl -Refreshing but the background music is so repetitive. 8/10

10. P.S. (I'm Still Not Over You) - One of my fav's, a lovely ballad. 9/10

11. A Girl Like Me - New background music finally, this is great. 8/10

12. Million Miles Away - A so beautiful and emotional ballad. 9/10

13. If It's Lovin' That You Want - Second single from her 2005 debut album 'Music Of The Sun'. Reached #11. A carribean track. 8/10

14. Pon De Replay - Her debut from August 2005. Reached #2. Not so 'carribeany' it's more clubby and a song you'll allways hear in a nightclub. 9/10.

I hope this review helped you. This is a great album and you should buy it, even if it's just for Unfaithful, SOS and all her other hits. Also look out for her new and third album which should be released in June 2007 on the 4th. The lead single is 'Umbrella' ft. Jay-Z. BUY IT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
Great

5.0 out of 5 stars RiRi's amazing, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
I have to say, this is an amazing album! It is unbelievable how quickly you get through listening to this. There are 14 tracks, and i knew about 3 of them - pon de replay, unfaithful and sos, however i also love the rest of these songs just as much!!! The album is really catchy,this will certainly be put on my phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cd, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
I bought this cd as I love rihanna's songs and this album is good. I have even got my dad and mum into listening to her albums as I have them all now. Would recommend this to anyone.

A Girl Like Me
A Girl Like Me by Rihanna (Audio CD - 2006)