5.0 out of 5 stars Two Thumbs Up
I've tried on a few back braces in my day, but this one I really like. Without giving you a dissertion, here are what I consider to be its best features:

1) easy to use- just wrap it around and velcro together the big elastic band. Then take the outer elastic band and velcro it- that's it. Tighten it up as little or as much as you like.

2) it has a...
Published on 10 Dec 2010 by shopperhelpur

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good if you have a bit of a tummy
Feels good on the back and does what it is supposed to do. But if you have a beer belly/paunch whatever, you are going to suffer stomach pain. I find i cant wear it for long enough to be of any help because of this. So if you are slim, go for it, otherwise a waste of money.
Published on 12 Oct 2010 by D. Q. Florida

5.0 out of 5 stars Two Thumbs Up, 10 Dec 2010
This review is from: Mueller 4581 Back Brace (Sports Apparel)

2) it has a tapered cut in front- much easier on the ab area than most braces that aren't tapered down

3) it has eight steel springs in the low back part in back to support your spine. If this sounds uncomfortable, don't worry- the suckers are FLEXIBLE and quite comfortable.

4) while very supportive and firm, I can actually breathe normally in the thing

Okay, what didn't I like about it? Not much. The only negatives I see is that it might not fit huge people. I have a 32 inch waist and its quite fine for me, but if you were really big, I don't know. You can return the product though. The other thing was, you have to hand wash it- which may be a bigger deal to some people more than others.

Altogether this is a great brace and I'd buy another one if I needed too. A little extra support for your back when doing a lot of chores is always a good thing. For those with back pain and are looking for a few quick and effective back exercises, I liked Treat Your Own Spinal Stenosis.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a cure, just relief from symptoms, 7 Jun 2009
This review is from: Mueller 4581 Back Brace (Sports Apparel)
I suffer cronic lower back pain. It irritates rather than disables normally but every now and again it becomes debilitating. This back brace is excellent when the pain becomes intense. Further, when doing tasks which can irritate my back, like driving, I put it on and it stops the pain getting worse.

I can become uncomfortable and I've noticed that if I wear it for any length of time I have to be extra careful when lifting anything for some time after.

I am pleased with my purchase but would have liked something a bit more rigid. Recommended for relief of pain but it is not a cure.

EDITED TO ADD:

I've had the support for well over a year now and now know when to put it on and when I can leave it off. It is very effective as a preventative method of back pain control. Certainly it has lowered the frequency and degree of sever pain I suffer. I graded the support as three stars originally but now have upped it to four. Still not a cure but it can not only relieve pain but control it as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant result, 11 Jun 2009
Lynn Lambert (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mueller 4581 Back Brace (Sports Apparel)
As a lower back sufferer, i thought i would try this as i had nothing to lose (and no chemicals involved) What relief instantly. It makes you sit and stand straight. Easy to use and can be worn for long periods of time with no discomfort. Not recommended for slipped disc sufferers but for muscle/joint paint....Great

5.0 out of 5 stars Mueller backbrace, 21 Jan 2012
This review is from: Mueller 4581 Back Brace (Sports Apparel)
After suffering with bad backs for many years, and having tried other braces, decided to bite the bullet and try the Mueller back brace. I have not regretted it once and have even let a friend try it. We are both very impressed with design and manufacture

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent service and product, 18 Jun 2009
This review is from: Mueller 4581 Back Brace (Sports Apparel)
this back brace was for my father who has had continued problems you can see the difference in his posture and he is now able to walk about without it being painfull very good support , comfortable .. delivery was quick have also since purchasing this bought a similar support for the knee

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good if you have a bit of a tummy, 12 Oct 2010
D. Q. Florida - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Does help very much, 8 Aug 2009
This review is from: Mueller 4581 Back Brace (Sports Apparel)
This item gives great support to the lower back, it is well worth purchasing. Although it say's sport support, I have not bought it myself for sport support, I have lower back problems, and this item gives me great support.

Paul C

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Mueller 4581 Back Brace (Sports Apparel)
Have brought several of these over the years for my husband, they support his back very well while he is working. would recommend to any one who suffers with lower back pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great support, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Mueller 4581 Back Brace (Sports Apparel)
Invaluable aid with back pain. Well supported breathable material that is reinforced with very strong velcro that holds very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where next to your skin or it will ride up. And not that big., 28 April 2012
This review is from: Mueller 4581 Back Brace (Sports Apparel)
I got this for lower lumber and scroiliac area. I garden alot-and will be wearing this when there is alot of bending.Worn tight, it does give relief when you have inflamed this area- or like me, inflamed and disaligned that area.It has been a great help. But don't get hocked on it- you still need to get those abdominal muscles strong by themselves!I certainly don't where at night.

Words of warning:
1.Where next to skin-or it will ride up.

2.I can't see this being any use if you are above a ladies size 14. I am a 12 on the hips and 10 on the waist, and I haven't much overlap at all.

Saying that, for myself I have 5 star rated it.I have had it less than a week. If it proves not to last, I will ammend.

Mueller 4581 Back Brace - Black