5.0 out of 5 stars Bring Back Brightness
Since having to change from the normal light bulbs I grew up with to those eco bulbs that claim they produce 100watts but use only 11w I've found the light in my house dull and depressing. I read and do a lot of craft work and even with the strongest bulbs have problems seeing the intricate details in my crafts.

So I spotted these and dithered for ages. They...
Published 6 months ago by Cassandra

2.0 out of 5 stars not sure if it would last as long as its stated
bought this 1 month ago and realised the 1st few signs of flickering once every 30mins. not very good :(
Published 5 months ago by YSL

2.0 out of 5 stars not sure if it would last as long as its stated, 17 Jan 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars stopped working after less than a year, 9 Sep 2013
I was delighted when this bulb arrived for my home office. It gives off very good daylight quality light per all of the reviews. Less than a year after I bought the bulb though it has stopped working. With an estimated life of 10,000 hours, I make that 416 days @ 24hrs per day. In fact I've used mine for about 6 hrs 3-4 times per week, so a max of ~1200 hours in total. Very dissapointed. Trying to find out how to contact the vendor so I can feed back to them and ask about returning/exchanging.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bulb Failure, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Ecozone Biobulb, Energy-Saving Daylight Bulb, Bayonet Cap B22, 25W Equivalent to 100w, 1750 Lumens, Full Spectrum, Daylight White 6500k, Uses 75% Less Energy. Ideal for suffers of S.A.D (Kitchen & Home)
I've had 2 fail after about 9 months which I used intensively (about 20 hours a day) in a triplet setup. They made a loud pop when they went and tripped the upstairs fuse. It was so loud I had my wiring checked to ensure it was a supply issue. However they last longer than my previous tungsten set up which had failures on a monthly basis (albeit silently).

The last failure was really loud as the base unit blew itself open to reveal more circuitry than I would expect in a lighting device (are these made in China and used to spy on us?).

The light is very good, very bright and very white (certainly good enough for painting at night)so I will continue to use them. I just wish they were a little quieter when they blew their guts out.

KGC

Update:

Just had the 3rd blow while I was out of the room. Took the upstairs fuse out again. Electrician friend inspected 'blow-out no. 2' and found a capacitor with a dead short which I guess is likely to be the problem with all of them (all 3 blew within 2 weeks of each other). He added that they are probably using crap capacitors which is likely to be a component failure that reduces life expectancy to well below 10,000 hours in all cases.

He also mentioned that if the tube seal is compromised the dust may be toxic. Nice!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor lifespan., 18 Nov 2012
Had this for a little over two weeks. A great little light but only lasted 18 days before blowing. Disappointing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with the durability, 28 Nov 2011
C Loveday (London & East Anglia) - See all my reviews
The light from this bulb is undoubtedly amazing. I like the light it produces a LOT. It's a very clean, bright light that makes it very easy to stay awake and concentrate with. My other half thinks it's too bright and it's cetainly a little painful if you look at it directly but the whole point of these lights (for me at least) is to be able to work comfortably and it does the job beautifully.

Sadly, the bulb "blew" within a week of me switing out the previous regular bulb. Whilst that might be a one off issue it's definitely made me question the quality of the brand and product. At the price, I think it unacceptable. I am writing this review because others seem to have had a similar problem so I want people to be aware that this is an issue that is not as rare as it should be.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted only a few months, 1 May 2012
J. W. Butts - See all my reviews
After only 6 months this bulb has died, and certainly doesn't live up to the 10,000 hours claimed in the description.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted less than 40 days, 10 Oct 2012
I got the bulb deliverd in 1'st week of September 2012. Last date to return was 06 Oct 2012. The bulb fused off on 09 Oct 2012. Hence I missed opportunity to return. I can't complain on the light quality - it is fantastic, a very bright, pure white light. I extremely liked it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 22 Feb 2014
Suege "Sue" (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Although this light bulb gave of excellent light, I was disappointed that this bulb blew after 2 months of use

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring Back Brightness, 2 Jan 2014

So I spotted these and dithered for ages. They are expensive for a light bulb and you never know how long the darned things will last after forking out that much money. In the end I took the plunge and bought two as it was only a few pence dearer than buying one and paying p&p on top of that.(Had an offer- spend over a 10 and free p&p)
So bulbs came and I put one in my lounge.

The light is blueish in hue not yellowy orange. Like daylight? I'd say much harsher and it took a few evenings before we got used to them. BUT, now neither of us would go back to that horrible yellow light produced by other bulbs.
I can see my craft work in detail and feel that the whiter light is more beneficial both to my eyesight and to my feeling of well being. The light sort of energises you - thats the only way I can describe it.
The only thing I worry about is how long these bulbs are going to last. Which is the only reason I haven't swapped all my main room lights over to these bulbs.
If this bulb proves to have a good lifespan then I might purchase more for additional rooms; we will see.

1.0 out of 5 stars Two month lifetime, 22 Nov 2011
JLH 108 (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I can't complain on the light quality - it is fantastic, a very bright, pure white light. But the problem is that the bulb has lasted only two months.
This in a room that sees use of at most 4 hours per day, so it can't have been no more than 240 hours before it has blown. At 7 per bulb, it would cost me 42 to light one room per annum. No thank you! And the producers should offer a guarantee that covers even a tenth of their stated lifetime (10,000 hours, which just seems ludicrously exaggerated to me now.)