5.0 out of 5 stars Sky HD? Xbox 360? HD DVD? Look no further.
Published on 16 Aug. 2006 by L Hatfield

2.0 out of 5 stars Great TV...as far as the technology goes
Just received my new TV this morning and I am very pleased - excellent service from Amazon as usual.

This TV was a breeze to install - every thing auto and it's nice to have an analogue tuner to fall back on when on a weaker signal channel. I like the styling on the TV - very sleek.

So why only 2 stars? Well I don't have a problem with the sound...
Published on 18 Oct. 2006 by David Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Sky HD? Xbox 360? HD DVD? Look no further., 16 Aug. 2006
L Hatfield "Luke" (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung LE26R74BDX - 26'' HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview (Electronics)
We bought this TV mainly for use with Xbox 360, having previously used the VGA cable to connect it to a PC monitor (which will display in High Definition). This produced razor sharp images but had the severe drawback of washing out the colurs, making the image dull and colourless. Then we connected the Xbox 360 up to the Samsung and it made the games shine! It truly delivered the next generation graphics we had been promised and, with the Samsungs ultra fast 8ms response time as well as its game mode, did not suffer the drawback of most LCD displays and blur the picture. Razor sharp images and deep, near 3d looking colours. It made an unbelievable difference to our old CRT model.

As for actual Television, the Samsung produces non-blurring images which can outmatch most CRTs in quality, even in Standard Definition, along with lifelike sound, and don't get me started on what DVD's look like on it!

For a brief summary,the Samsung produces razor-sharp, deeply coloured images. Dynamic sound. All the sockets, including HDMI, Component and PC input. And styling that makes you stare at it even when it's turned off.

Looking for High Definition television? High Definition Gaming? High Definition DVD? This is it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality picture for a quality price, 22 April 2007
P. McAlister "nevam koob" (Belfast, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I have an xbox 360 and this LCD HDTV is the perfect match for my next generation console. Sadly not many HD electronics are affordable and with the blu-ray - HDDVD battle yet to decide a winner, this is very much a future investment, but a fantastic one at that.

Picture quality first and foremost - Well what would you expect from a samsung? The picture is as good if not better than most reasonably priced (within £300-£700) 26" LCD HDTVs. This TV has enhanced my console experience tenfold, with the visual experience nothing less than stunning.

The built-in freeview is a great feature on this TV and it works better than my recently discarded set top box. Picture quality from a non-HD source is surprisingly good. This TV has various picture settings and the most useful of these, in my case is 'gaming' mode - automatically setting the picture to a suitable configuration and also sets the fps (frames per second) to optimal which increases power consumption but produces more crisp images and keeps picture lag to a minimum.

The only poor aspect of this otherwise excellent television is the sound. It reduces the quality of the HD experience in my opinion. This problem can easily be rectified if you buy a small hi-fi or use one from about the house.

Why not 4 stars then, rather than 5? Well there are very few televisions I have heard of which have had speakers worth talking about and this television is no different. It does however excel in picture quality, compatibility (hooks up to PC, xbox 360, PS3 etc.) and that glossy black finish. Gaming will never be the same for me nor will TV once high def kicks in. I would recommend this Television for small - medium sized rooms and don't forget the wall mount! Good Luck.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended if you want a well-priced widescreen TV, 22 Nov. 2006
M. Costa - See all my reviews
This 26" TV is great if you want a widescreen picture but haven't neccesarily got a huge living room. The set up was totally automatic and you can fine tune picture settings if you so wish. I can't fault the picture quality as others have and yes, CRTs are probably better but HUGE!! I read somewhere else that LCD isn't worse than CRT just 'different'. Viewed from more than 1m away the picture looks fine.

I've watched DVDs (various space operas and 3D cgi-fests) and they all look great! I don't have a games console or watch footy so I can't comment on how these look. The inbuilt Freeview works fine and I've not experienced any blockiness. There are plenty of inputs and outputs to keep gadget fiends happy.

The only thing that takes getting used to is the remote. There are so many buttons and many of the useful ones are at the bottom.

This may sound weird (being on Amazon) but I bought this much cheaper elsewhere 2 weeks ago (and it's not a site listed here). It's worth shopping around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for gaming...and much, much more., 27 Mar. 2007
Douglas Traill (Edinburgh, Scotland.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Bought this TV principally for use with my PS3, but on running it with DVDs and normal television (not upgraded to any of the HD channels....yet), I realised that I should have got one much sooner !

The picture quality is excellent and the 'Gaming' mode is a real bonus for anyone planning on hooking a PS, XB or Wii up to it. Also very easy to set up and use.

An earlier review mentioned the sound quality differing between gaming and other viewing, and I found the same thing - with the PS3 the sound was absolutely perfect, but with other inputs I had to jack the volume up. To solve the problem I ran the sound through a Denon amp with a couple of JPW GM speakers. While this produces excellent sound for me, others might not have this luxury.

Must point out that I am being very picky with the sound issue here - the Samsung LCD produces the same quality audio as the Sony CRT it replaced.

Great product. Good price. Recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing Buy For An Lcd HD TV, 27 July 2006
Cheryl (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
It is incredibly easy to set up all you do is plug an aerial in turn it on and it sets itself up in a few minutes. The quality of the picture is amazing, at first i thought that the anologue channels were the freeview channels because of their high quality but the freeview channels are even better quality, and even though it does take a while to change channel u can use the electronic programme guide (EPG) to quickly scroll through all of the channels viewing what is on them for the next 2 hours or for a whole week if you scroll to the side. You can use the electronic programme guide to mark programmes that you want to watch and the tv will take you straight to that channel when the programme starts. This tv is amazing for the amount of money you pay and because it can accept all types of HD from a component it is perfect for things like game consoles such as the xbox 360.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stunning HD output... Shame about the sound though, 13 Jun. 2007
Thurston Smalley (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This TV has *almost* all you could possibly wish for in a high definition LCD TV. HD output through HDMI is, to put it in a word, perfect. There is no horizontal shredding, frame rate is very high and smooth, and colours are as vivid and bright as they could be. High definition gaming is also a pleasure, and I'm amazed at just how pixel-perfect and high-resolution the images are! The screen is also perfect for use as a monitor. The response time is fast, and, yet again, colours are very vivid and realistic, perfect for photo presentations or slideshows, as well as computer games.

The built-in freeview is satisfactory, but the TV guide is very, very slow at times and sometimes is takes a good few seconds to switch channels. Once this has been endured, you're faced with picture quality that cannot even be compared with the TVs HD output. The picture can be fairly grainy or fuzzy, but hey, that's just what freeview is. The one thing is that the TV seems to require a separate freeview receiver if you wish to record shows to DVD, as it certainly isn't explained in the manual how to use the TVs built-in freeview receiver to connect to a DVD recorder and record from there. However, the freeview receiver is, overall, satisfactory.

The one thing that is a bit of a let down is the speaker system. Bass really is poor through the speakers, and they don't go loud enough by any stretch of the imagination, even in a quite small room. This doesn't seem to be a one-off, though, as many LCD TVs seem to have this problem because there isn't much room to squeeze the speakers into in the slim design of the screen.

Overal, though, this TV is well worth owning, and goes along well with the rest of the décor in the house thanks to its elegant and minimalisitic styling. Great for small to medium-sized rooms, this is a perfect TV for anyone looking for great HD output (as long as sound isn't a bother, or separate surround sound speakers are available for use with the TV). Well worth it and pleased, and if I was given the choice of whether or not to buy it over again, I would buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to PC Monitor, 17 April 2007
I had been considering getting an HD LCD TV for some time to use with my PC, however my previous experience with an LCD monitor meant I didn't take the plunge. However when my CRT monitor started to have problems I decided to take the plunge. I read the other reviews on Amazon and they were all positive with regards to using this TV as a monitor so I decided to go for it.

I now have it connected to my PC and Xbox 360 and I also use it as a second TV. It's fantastic, easy to set up and the digital TV stuff is really good.

It functions great as a PC monitor but all current Samsung HD TV's work at 1366 x 768 resolution so I think anything bigger than the 26" of this would be too big.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, 15 Jan. 2007
B. Bailey (UK) - See all my reviews
Another great TV from Samsung, the difference from our previous CRT tv is just astounding, the picture is perfect and even looks amazing with standard freeview tv, let alone hi def! The colours are just fantastic, the tv itself is a stunning peice of kit. Sound is fine for what i use it for. Some people complain about the slow channel change. That is easily solved by turning the 2 digit channel number selection off, when using the Pr buttons it is the same as any other TV in that respect and not slow at all. The integrated TV guide is well laid out and all set up menus are simple and easy to use. Great looking product, great picture, easy set up, no problems!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice to use with media centre software, 11 April 2007
D. Wilkinson (Shropshire, England) - See all my reviews
Really good piece of technology! I decided to buy a LCD to replace my aging 21" Sony CRT and I'm glad I did. Good choice to use with media centre software using the VGA input, or even as a monitor for your PC! With a nice HD resolution of 1360x768 you may as well. Has more I/O's than you can shake a stick at too.

Only one niggle, you can't use Freeview with the 'picture in picture' feature.. but apart from that, which personally im not too bothered about, its well worth a look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, 4 May 2007
M. Lappin (Ely, UK) - See all my reviews
My brother-in-law has this TV and as I was in the market for an LCD TV suggested I looked at this one. I'm glad I did at £400 it's a steal (my local Electrical retailer offered £100 off their price bringing it down to £499.99 - they couldn't beleive Amazons price and said it must be an import). It is NOT an Import. The picture quality is superb and it looks great. The surround does gather dust but that's a very minor niggle!

As for Amazon. The Tv was orderd on 30th April and their estimated delivery quoted 5-9th May. I couldn't beleive it when I got home from work and found it had been delivered on 1st May. Outstanding service.

Buy one - you will not be disappointed.