on 8 March 2007
Having looked through all sorts of reviews since Christmas I took my courage in both hands and ordered a SamsungVP-DC163/XEU.I had owned a couple of Samsungs(hi8)before but the hassle of transferring tape to dvd

had put me off!It took only 3 days for Amazon to get it to me and I am delighted with the camcorder. Colours are good both in daylight and indoors in artificial or low light conditions, images are sharp and focus is only a bit iffy in very low light(so I used the manual focus instead).

The instruction booklet is easy to understand. The position of the control buttons on the camera are logical and easy to operate. Battery life seems a bit short but probably because I used the screen rather than viewfinder so I've ordered a longer life battery.All in all I can't wait for my next holiday to really explore the possibilities of this Samsung!
on 5 September 2007
I brought this camera for our family holiday in August 07. When trying to record in the evening when it was quite humid the camera cut out several times even when there was full battery and got very hot to touch. Tried to format discs on holiday and the camera would not do this therefore I missed out on many memories on holiday. Even when I returned home to record a birthday party, I tried to format another disc and the camera kept saying disc error. I have returned the camera and had a full refund. Apart from my problems the camera was good to use when it worked, but I think I will be opting for a different model.
on 2 May 2013
The best I have ever owned, works really well, meets all my needs and I take everywhere where I go
on 26 January 2007
good quality and the best DVD Camcorder i have ever bought and good video's to put on youtube.