5.0 out of 5 stars What a Bargain !
Had this delivered this morning and cant believe what a high tech piece of kit this is for the silly money I paid.

Published on 25 Mar 2007 by Tj Mccoy

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for...
...which in this case is not much.

Published on 15 Jun 2007 by Haz

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Bargain !, 25 Mar 2007
Tj Mccoy "Terry" (Northants) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung VP-D361/XEU Ultra Compact Digital MiniDV Camcorder - Silver/Black (Electronics)

I debated long and hard over which camcorder to purchase given that I would probably only use it 5 or 6 times a year for holidays,family occasions etc. I finally decided that I would opt for a budget model given that I couldnt really justify the additional expense.

I have to say that this little gem looks, feels, and performs far better than what I expected from a so called budget camcorder.

First of all its tiny,not much bigger than a compact digital camera, and fits into the palm of the hand easily.

Having tried it out I have to say its a complete breeze to use. There's an easy function which basically takes care of everything and enables you to be up and running in no time. There are manual and scene mode options for when you want to take more control.

The picture quality from what i've recorded so far is really impressive and being an owner of and old Vhs-c model some years back I cant believe how things have come on.

This particular model may not exactly suit the serious movie maker but for those looking to film holidays, trips, and typical family type stuff, this camcorder is definitely up to the job. Dont be put off by the low price. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Camcorder.... for camera phone money!!, 8 Mar 2007
Mr. S. Jackson (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Received item and couldnt beleive how light the package was!! this thing really does weigh next to nothing. I opened the box expecting to find a low quality base model samsung camcorder with limited functions and capabilities. However, to my surprise i found a real piece of quality for 2 mega pixel on a camera phone money. The instructions are both easy and unstandable. The picture quality is that of higher priced models, the optical zoom a real plus and the battery recharge time a real bonus. The unit is a stunning piece of design and coupled with that you get the brand quality of samsung.. brilliant. i would definantely recommend this product for anyone both on a budget and a buddying diy home video enthusiast. If there was any down side it was that the unit does not incorporate a removable media card slot but when the mini dv tapes are as cheap as they are you can easily run the camcorder to your dvd recorder/pc to acheive similiar results (cable included)... enjoy!

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for..., 15 Jun 2007
Haz (Leics, UK) - See all my reviews
...which in this case is not much.

I picked this partly as I needed a camera in a hurry before going on holiday and partly as the price appealed. Because of these factors I was willing to endure the various items I found to dislike during early use - mostly down to poor design with buttons seemingly randomly placed in areas that make them all too easy to press accidentally.

It was only when I returned from my holiday did I realise just how poor this machine is. The quality of indoor footage is dire, the zoom is clumsy, noisy and causes the camera to lose focus for what feels like an eternity whilst the sound chops in and out at its own leisure.

That's all bad enough but worse still I found that 2 days worth of footage simply wasn't on the tapes - not anywhere, and believe me I was definitely recording. Then another day had found the tape, but had corrupted it thus becoming unusable. All well and good if you are filming in your back garden but a bit hard to take when you were trying to record a once in a lifetime family holiday.

Also be aware that it is not Amazon who supply the unit - it comes directly from Pixmania whose customer service appears diabolical given they haven't had the courtesy to reply to the correspondence I sent regarding the issues I have with the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Wonder., 19 April 2007
Mr. A. J. Walker (Edinburgh UK) - See all my reviews
For the price this is a fantastic bit of kit , its simple to operate and light in weight, the batterys dont last that long, so another battery would be a advantge, it coped well with the difficuilt lighting on Lake Windermere prouduced a steady stable image with good colours, Zooms in and out smoothly, and the focus locks on to the object almost instantly only once or twice did it fail to focus as fast I would have liked .

The list of fuctions this camcorder has is very impressive for the money.

It amazes me how they cram so much great technology in such a package, makeing this, A little wonder.

I Highly recomend this to the average user.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best miniDV camcorder for under 200, 28 Nov 2007
A brilliant little camcorder. Served me well for almost a year now and nothing has gone wrong, with marvelous picture and video quality despite the price (150 when I got it). It is really small and, although it uses tapes, you would usually transfer your footage to the computer and then rewind the tape to use it again so you don't have to buy more tapes. Each tape holds 60 mins on high quality or 90 mins on low quality. You can also plug your camcorder into the TV or watch the videos which you put onto the computer on a DVD! Apart from what I have already said, there are many more things you can do with the camcorder such as black and white mode, snow or sand mode and portrait mode.
Trust Samsung, don't be fooled by the ridiculously low price!

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Disappointed, 2 Sep 2007
I have spent hours trying to get this camera to register on my PC. I purchased a firewire card and TWO cables to no avail. The picture is grainy. I lost a whole day of footage in Barcelona. I am extremely disappointed in this camcorder.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung VP-D361/XEU Ultra Compact Digital MiniDV Camcorder (obsolete), 15 April 2013
I bought this camera used when my older Samsung VP-D870Di camera failed and I wanted something to play my old travel tapes so that I could save them to PC and DVD. It turned out to be a great buy. It's lighter, far more compact and more versatile than my old camcorder, and although I haven't mastered all aspects of it yet, I simply plugged it in and charged the battery, then played my tapes into the new PC and software and burned the edited video to DVD without needing to refer to the supplied handbook. The only drawback is that this camera uses a smaller battery than my old camcorder, so my other batteries and desktop charger are now (expensively) surplus to requirements.

Being such a compact camcorder, as you would expect, the control buttons are small and are a bit of a struggle for my arthritic hands and fingers. Unfortunately, the trend towards miniaturisation is leaving us older people behind, but otherwise, this camcorder is a pleasure to use. The zoom is quiet and can hardly be heard in the recorded sound or whilst recording. It slips easily into a jacket pocket, which is fortunate since the camera has no provision for a shoulder strap when both hands are needed for other things - active grandchildren spring to mind here. It's small and discreet enough to be used in the British Museum, yet big enough to use at a distance at a raceway or a Country Show.

I deducted a single point due to the tiny buttons and zoom switch and the lack of articulation on the eyepiece viewer. The LCD screen is big enough and clear enough but struggles in direct sunlight, otherwise this is a fine entry level camcorder. Unfortunately this model is now out of production, but if you are looking for a low cost used camcorder, you can do much worse than this one - so long as you check the zoom motor noise levels before you commit to buy - but that applies to almost all camcorders with motorised zoom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy one now, 11 Dec 2007
S. E. Young-gibbons "Snowshoe" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I am so pleased with this cam its light easy to use and for the money, you cant ask more. Its tiny and i mean tiny fits in palm of your hand and does not weigh much at all. its great buy one, you wont regret it;0)

I spent ages looking all over the web and the reviews for this cam on amazon, were enough to make me order it.

4.0 out of 5 stars can not get better for the price, 31 Oct 2007
Mr. R. O'reilly (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
i got one of these and have used it loads and got more than my moneys worth the picture is good the sound is good it takes some amazing still photos and has a massive 33x optical zoom so can get right up close to most things you can see in very clear detail pretty easy to use but with things to try as you get better at using it like the manual focus and different shutter speeds i wood say get a tripod if you have unsteady hands and you will see a difference happy filming

2.0 out of 5 stars Sam no longer sings for this low quality product, 23 Mar 2007
Well...what can I say about this product...its not so good...I have just taken it out of the box and I was mortified to find a small lightweight silver plastic camera. More to may annoyance I found no firewire cable (thanks Sam), I thought that this was the whole point of a mini DV camera!!!

This would be a great product for anyone to buy if they didn't plan on using it