4.0 out of 5 stars My first experice of this band was a rewarding one.
This is the third offering form Indie Scottish alterative band "Camera Obsurca" and is cut form a similar cloth to the also Scottish based alterative band "Belle And Sebastian".

"Lets Get Out Of This Country" is like listen to a dream burned into a disc, its ten songs are lush, well though out and extremely well crafted songs.

The album opens with...
Published on 1 Dec 2006 by Whipelsmacker

3.0 out of 5 stars Still great, but their least best
I'd advise curious newcomers to check out the group's first two albums first. With John Henderson's departure they've definitley something in the charming boy/girl vocals of the earlier records.

Published on 13 Aug 2006 by Maximillian Petrovsky

5.0 out of 5 stars The best songwriter in Britain?, 4 Nov 2011
This review is from: Let's Get Out Of This Country [CD] (Audio CD)
Got into this band a bit late and started with the latest album and backtracked to this.As I have found with this band you have to allow a little time for these songs to permuate your brain but when they do.....
I once thoght that Tracyanne Campbell was the best female songwriter in Scotland and now,having listened to all the previous albums, I realise I was wrong.She is the best songwriter,male or female,in Britain.I have no hesitation in placing this in my best top twenty albums of all time.Borders on perfect.

3.0 out of 5 stars Still great, but their least best, 13 Aug 2006
This review is from: Let's Get Out Of This Country [CD] (Audio CD)

With a more countrified sounds it now comes across as more of a Traceyanne solo album. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just not quite the Camera Obscure we had grown to love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Once you've bought this one you'll want to buy the rest., 19 Jun 2006
Betty and Lucy (GLASGOW United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let's Get Out Of This Country [CD] (Audio CD)
You must buy this CD it makes great listening. They are great live too if you get the chance to see them. We love this CD and we still love their last one 'Under achievers please try harder'. Tracy-Anne Campbells voice gets better and better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alternative Power Pop at its Very Best, 23 Mar 2008
This review is from: Let's Get Out Of This Country [CD] (Audio CD)
This album is simply awesome - it's sweet, pretty and just plain lovely. It is also truly original, not following any trend in modern music that I know of. Considering it's full of fabulous pop songs, this is some mean feat. I hope they never sell out and chase the money, but I think they love what they do so us fans are safe this time.

It's a shame it has been recorded a bit to too loud in places, leading to a brash top end - their earlier recordings were nicer (I hope you get to read this Camera Obscura). Still, the producer may have made it too loud perhaps spoiling some of the lovliness, but the arrangements are just fabulous, this is one hell of a good album.

Let's Get Out Of This Country [CD]
Let's Get Out Of This Country [CD] by Camera Obscura (Audio CD - 2006)