5.0 out of 5 stars Nerfs up!
I've just been ranting about an inferior kids toy in another review (The ridiculously named Phlatball Syclone?!) and felt compelled to bang a thumb up to this little past timer.

Published on 24 Aug. 2009 by Coles Law

3.0 out of 5 stars heh
one of the toys i bought for my little brother. honestly speaking, it is another average toy. you will only use it at certain times e.g. summer.
Published on 2 Jan. 2013 by ilan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nerfs up!, 24 Aug. 2009
Coles Law (Beyond Thunderdome) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NERF Vortex Mega Howler (Toy)

I don't spend much time throwing a toy around usually but a couple of these turned up as pressies to a relatives 5th b'day over the weekend and by the time the shine had worn off the cheapest toy there and he was onto his main present, the adults were busy burning off the bar-b-que food by hurling these at each other - and what fun it is.

It's sold as being indoor or an outdoor toy, which I suppose it could be if you don't mind your flatscreen being put through but with a bit of space in a park you can really open your shoulder up and blast these little things into orbit - I have honestly considered my options for London 2012 in either the javelin or shot put (Other throwing events I'm not sure of I'll have to do some research into local clubs) after the distances I was getting with some of the howitzers I was whanging out, it's no joke, these little balls are so well balanced and easy to throw you'll be amazed at the sonic boom-esqe whistle you'll generate...unless it was just me and my fantastically strong right arm...

Ace - get one! Actually, get two or three for when one eventually goes into space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 Sept. 2011
Chris Morse "faraway_pictures" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: NERF Vortex Mega Howler (Toy)
A really good quality rocket flyer.
My son had bought a few different types from supermarkets, and they all fall to bit's quite quickly. The problem seems to be where the fins meet the ball, the foam pulls away and that's it. Game over.
The Nerf is very well built, the fins are enclosed in the ball and are a much better quality than other brands I've tried.
Had this one about 4 months now and had to rescue it from hedges, trees, ditches and it's still in top condition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loads of fun, 13 Feb. 2009
A. Geddis (Bangor, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
Great fun for all the family. So fun and easy that my 3 year old nephew even got in on all the excitement!! Well worth buying!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Killer in two meanings., 20 Sept. 2012
Edmund "I'm a fantasy reader and listener mos... (Chirk, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NERF Vortex Mega Howler (Toy)
So yea these things are just insane amounts of fun. Get yourself in a big wide open space and just being able to let loose with one of these is just serious amounts of fun. So fun in fact that you can throw your arm out.
Now maybe I just don't have a good throwing technique but after a while my arm will seriously start to hurt, but despite this you still come back for more and it just keeps on wailing.

Throwing into the wind for the best results. This is one kick-bum toy. I was in a house of 11 university students and we loved it.
The tail started becoming a little fragmented but we didn't exactly take care of it so I would say that this is quite the durable piece of kit too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Vortex, 9 Aug. 2010
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: NERF Vortex Mega Howler (Toy)
This item was worth every penny. We took it on holiday with us and it took a real battering on the beach and in the pool, and it is still in very good condition. I would thoroughly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old fashioned fun, 4 May 2007
Nicky B (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
Bought at Christmas as stocking filler - great success with 20 yr old and 15 yr old. Brilliant toy for any age especially if visually impaired as the whistling enables the toy to be tracked by sound ;this is really educational for young VI children.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the one in the picture - deceiving!, 24 May 2012
This review is from: NERF Vortex Mega Howler (Toy)
I paid expensive postage from this retailer as I wanted the mega howler with the grips, as seen in the picture. This is not what I received. Although a fun toy, I could gave got the green one without grips for cheaper elsewhere. If it was just a different colour this would be acceptable but it is a different model. This is false advertising and shouldn't be allowed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Outdoor Fun, 28 Jun. 2010
This review is from: NERF Vortex Mega Howler (Toy)
It has been great fun playing with the Nerf Vortex Mega Howler.....my kids take it to the beach everyday and in a matter of seconds the whole beach is playing with them. They are asking me where I got it from so that they can buy it... Great idea for importing it to Greece since we have great weather and enjoy outdoor sports.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy for All but Wrong Nerf Sent!!!!!, 28 April 2011
This review is from: NERF Vortex Mega Howler (Toy)
The nerf Vortex is a great toy to play with! The only downfall is that they have sent the wrong product (not the one advertised in the picture)They sent a plain blue mega howler instead of one with the grips. overall a great little gadget to have fun with Just be aware that you may not get the one you orginally wanted!

5.0 out of 5 stars 19 year old kid review, 19 April 2009
D. Keats - See all my reviews
Great fun to mess around with in the summer. Has a nice whistle whilst flying so does not catch anyone by suprise. Just a shame i lost it in a hedge the other day. To be used in big open spaces on thoes hot summer days.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›