on 12 May 2013
This is a really great item. It shines bright and has an easy on and off switch. Makes you feel like you are the doctor and using your sonic screwdriver to defeat enemies and as a handy tool. I would recomend this to any child who wants to be at 10th doctor and be david tennant. It also arrived very quick.
on 7 May 2014
This 9-10th Doctors Sonic Screwdriver is a nifty little toy. It is perfect for lighting up dark spaces as of course it is a torch and I am sure there are many secret Who adult fans with these hidden in there inside pockets! It is smaller than many of the other Sonic Screwdrivers on the market, it is strong, so it will survive most children's playing antics and adults alike. The only downside is it DOES NOT have sound effects, which didn't deter the children at all because they were quite content to make it themselves. This is much tougher than the 50th Anniversary release, which really was a waste of money as it fell apart in your hands. But this is great! If it had sound effects that even better but it does exactly what it says on the tin, kids and adults alike love it. Just watch the eyes as children seem to particularity like shining it in that direction!
on 29 March 2012
I'd better mention first that I bought a sonic screwdriver torch for an unconventional purpose as I am neither a kid nor a cosplayer. I was looking for different light sources for a Photography project at college with a connection to science fiction. I needed unusual looking props that lit up and as far as that goes this torch is excellent. There is no sound which was ideal for me working in a college studio and I imagine for people who want some peace and quiet while their kids are playing at home - I know constant sonic whining would drive me around the twist! This item is made of durable plastic and has a 12 month guarantee from the manufacturer, Zeon. The 'sonic' was sent standard delivery and arrived the day after I ordered it so thanks also go to the Royal Mail for an excellent service.
on 23 June 2012
yes the light is bright but this 'torch' does nothing other than switch on and light darkness.....it makes no sound, it's small and made from weak plastic.....my son did have fun playing with this but eventually settled on using it as a torch to read at night and then the batterys ran out....this takes 3 x LR44 batterys which aren't cheap to buy and once i'd replaced the batterys it lasted another couple of days then just packed up altogether, i assume a short circuit of some sort as there's no way the batterys had given out....all in all i'd advise against purchasing this....there are better made cheaper torches out there for kids which take cheaper batterys and i'd strongly advise people considering purchasing this sonic screwdriver LED torch to look around elsewhere.
on 1 September 2015
One of my neighbours children has decided to dress up as the tenth Doctor for Halloween (his older brother is playing Dr 12, and his sister has decided to go as one of those cat nurses from New New New New (etc) New York).

His mother is cutting down an old suit she found in a charity shop, so I thought I'd get this as it's a "cut down" screwdriver, about 2/3rds the size of a real one, but that suits him as he's only about 4 feet tall, and it's light enough that that he will be able to hold it and wave it around all evening.

OK it doesn't make a noise, but it is a decent little torch. The blue-white LED is quite bright and lights the area very evenly, indeed more evenly than some considerably more expensive torches I own.
on 4 September 2014
Bought for a friend last Christmas and he was overjoyed! I had a similar one a few years ago which i broke, powerful light but no sound, which is not too bad considering it might get annoying if you use it as a torch.
on 22 December 2014
This is a great functional torch. The light at the end is bright and helped me find sonthing in my cuboard. The torch part is great but not as great as the prop part! It may be a little smaller than we all expected however this is well detailed for its size! The chrome paint is shiny whilst is complemented by the cracks on the handle (which is ment to be on there). So far I have dropped it twice and no paint has been chipped and the torch still works! This is great an I would recomend it to every whovian! This product arrived one day earlier than expected so that is another good thing about this!
on 13 June 2011
Bought this for my four (and a half) yr old who struggles with the 'life size' sonics (won't fit in his David Tellant <sic> jacket). He loves it and has been running around saving the universe ever since. Durable, solid little torch, with effective blue light that will 'light up' any child's imagination (see what i did there...). For the less imaginative child, beware; does not make noises.
on 9 June 2014
This is a great screw driver, better than the 9 i have had previously,
the only gripe is that it still doesnt work with wood too well,
But definately worth the buy.
on 1 May 2014
I like torches, I like novelty items. So this is a lovely little thing, It doesn't make sounds and works rather well. A good size to pop in a pocket and has served me well.

See one answered question