5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a Doctor Who fan
Published on 21 Nov. 2009

2.0 out of 5 stars much better value for money 'torches' than this
yes the light is bright but this 'torch' does nothing other than switch on and light darkness.....it makes no sound, it's small and made from weak plastic.....my son did have fun playing with this but eventually settled on using it as a torch to read at night and then the batterys ran out....this takes 3 x LR44 batterys which aren't cheap to buy and once i'd replaced the...
Published on 23 Jun. 2012 by Missy dizzy

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a Doctor Who fan, 21 Nov. 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Doctor Who Tenth Doctor Sonic Screwdriver LED Torch (Toy)
I was given this torch by a good friend of mine, who knows but my love of the TV show. I already had a sonic screwdriver toy, with sound effects, and I was suprised by the brightness of this torch compared to the more toy-like equivilent. It was very useful to have a torch I really love. Until reading these reveiws I had not even noticed the pen. The blue light is wonderful, and has an eerie feel to it. Very Doctor Who.
I was surprised at how much it was like the Doctor's on the show. Pretty much identical. A true Who fan will feel a kind of power when holding something so similar to the lendendary screwdriver. Unsuprisingly, I spent my day jumping out from behind doors, holding my screwdriver torch in the same way David Tennant does on the show. My family think I'm mad.

The torch is, obviously, a bit of a novelty, but, as it's practical as well, you can hardy complain. Anyone whining that it's childish simply shouldn't have bought it. Where's the Doctor Who spirit?

[NOTE: sadly it doesn't work like the doctor's, and won't open locked doors or change programing of computers with one blare. Shame, really.]

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical torch, great for the WHO fan!, 1 Aug. 2006
syd (Durham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doctor Who Tenth Doctor Sonic Screwdriver LED Torch (Toy)
I already have the UV light sonic screwdriver toy which I love but find it a bit on the large side (I read that it had to be slightly bigger than the real thing to accomodate the pen nib).

This one is the perfect size though! Much more like the size of the TV one and the light is very bright, so it's not just for show - it really does function very well as a torch although it gives everything an eerie blue glow...very sci-fi!

To compare again to the UV light sonic screwdriver, that one can be extended whereas this one can't - what you see is what you get. In all though a great little piece of Doctor Who memorabilia and practical to boot!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Really Great Little Torch, 11 Aug. 2006
SimonB (South West England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doctor Who Tenth Doctor Sonic Screwdriver LED Torch (Toy)
A wonderful and very bright torch based on the sonic screwdriver from the new Doctor Who series. It really is a must-have for any fan, and is small enough to be easily carried and is incredibly bright (with a nice blue LED) - so functional and fun!

My only complaints are that it's way too small - far smaller than the actual prop used on the show. Also, it doesn't extend or have the sounds that the toy screwdriver does, not essential as it's not meant to be a toy, but would have been nice. But it's still a great little LED torch and well worth the money.

A must for any Doctor Who fan. Fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars A dog? pshaw. A sonic screwdriver is by far a mans best friend!, 7 May 2007
This review is from: Doctor Who Tenth Doctor Sonic Screwdriver LED Torch (Toy)
I was a little dubious when I hit the "Buy" button but now I'm a beleiver. I carry my beloved sonic screwdriver everywhere. I think my parents beleive that I am slightly insane. If you are looking into Doctor Who paraphenalia this should be high on your list, next to the Cybermen action figures.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dr Who Fans, 16 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Doctor Who Tenth Doctor Sonic Screwdriver LED Torch (Toy)
For a fiver the kids loved this "toy"
It's a bit flimsy but it a good stocking filler.
Overall would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great torch, 20 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Doctor Who Tenth Doctor Sonic Screwdriver LED Torch (Toy)
I think that the torch is a very good sonic screwdriver prop but it is just torch what do you expect I mean it clearly states that the toy is a torch please try vote Saxon07 on YouTube for great toy reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good gadget and useful object (torch), 29 Mar. 2010
M. Fisher (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doctor Who Tenth Doctor Sonic Screwdriver LED Torch (Toy)
My son loved this due to Dr Who, but he likes it best that it is a small torch and so can use it at night time to read his books/play in his room

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for smaller kids, 24 Sept. 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Doctor Who Tenth Doctor Sonic Screwdriver LED Torch (Toy)
My 2 year old son is Dr Who mad, he has an older sister so got involved at a young age!! His beloved screwdriver goes everywhere with him and is his favourite possession. I am sure it is robust enough for older children, but is rather breakable for a younger child hence the age reccommendation, but he loves it! He is on his second one and I am about to buy more as it gets worn out quickly and it is cheaper to buy more actual sonics than replace the batteries! My son would rate this 10 out of 10 :)

5.0 out of 5 stars great torch, 22 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Doctor Who Tenth Doctor Sonic Screwdriver LED Torch (Toy)
this torch is bright, easy to use it give no sound out, but ideal if you need a torch, one word of warning the light has a blue colour to it, so if you look at things like wires etc the colors don't look as they would in daylight. so don't use to rewire things!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good item, 10 May 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Doctor Who Tenth Doctor Sonic Screwdriver LED Torch (Toy)
I ordered this along with the electronic UV one, and they arrived together, so I can make comparisons.
It is smaller, and the end does not extend, obviously, not being a prop but just a "sonic-fashion torch". The led is bright and the light blue light makes it good for reading at night. I already love it and it will be in my purse every time I go out, you never know when yo need a small handy torch!