on 2 June 2015
This product is a joke. They sell it to you like it's premium and built Japanese style with the best quality materials and it's already rusting. If I am going to spend a premium for a nail clipper, the least I would expect is for to be exceptional and this is not.

Other than that, functionality is good. Shame about the rust.
review image
on 28 August 2014
Totally effective, totally practical, totally Japanese. I don't see how you could find a better product in this category. Buy one and try to figure out how and why you suffered through all those years of using those brightly chromed cheap tools that tear your nails, get blunt quickly, and generally fall apart when you most need them.
on 16 November 2014
Bit pricey, but ive learnt that sometimes you have to spend a bit to get a better item!, i always look at reviews of things i,m going to buy as it helps me understand any weakness that the item may or not have , and i can then decide if the weaknesses will affect me, and in this cutter , i cant see any !!, it cuts cleanly, and has a sturdy cast handle, thats the bit that broke off on the cheaper versions, so all in all very happy with this cutter!, i dont think i,ll need to buy another one for a long long time!
I find cutting nails, especially toe nails, very difficult due to arthritis in the only hand I have. These clippers make light work of my thickened old man's nails: they are very sharp, meet perfectly so there are no snagged cuts, and the fully open jaws (3.5 mm not 2mm as stated elsewhere, perfectly adequate for all but the very thickest nails one could imagine. (Clippers which suited those sorts of nails would, I suggest, not suit less extreme nails so it's all about personal requirements!) These are like Rolls Royce quality compared to the Reliant Robin nature of most store bought clippers I have used over the years. If you have VERY thick nails, I would suggest that these might not suit and professional standard nail pliers might be necessary, but I am pleased to have what could be a bit of a trial made so straightforward.
Very strongly recommended.
on 30 November 2013
An excellent product the cutter is very sharp and cuts through even the hardest of nails with ease. I highly recommend this clipper. I have bought many cheaper clippers in the past but although pricey this is by far an away a superior product. You will not be disappointed
on 30 January 2015
This product is not wholly stainless steel - the pin is actually chromed mild steel that does rust in a humid/damp environment. Also, there is a tacky paper sticker which eventually peels off.
on 20 February 2015
My Dad asked me to get this for him, after he saw the superb quality of my Seki Edge ss-109.
This one is much much bigger than mine and the jaw has a big 3.5mm gap, which is plenty big enough for his thick old toe nails. This clipper cuts through his tough nails like a hot knife through butter. It is a weighty, nice feeling tool, with outstanding quality, extremely sharp, cutting edges.
They could have added a file like mine has, and a case, but otherwise these are high quality and well crafted tools that should last us a lifetime.
As I said in my SS-109 review, the Snap-On Tool of toe nail clippers! :)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 November 2014
Found this in a product review as the most highly rated and bought myself a pair. They go through the thickest, gnarliest toenails like butter. The gold standard in my book.
on 19 June 2013
Never realised how poor and blunt normal nail clippers were. Well worth the investment. If I'm nit picking they could do with a little soft pouch.
on 7 July 2015
Bought after reading reviews stating that the gap between cutting edges was 3.5mm, not 2mm. The clippers supplied only had a gap of barely 2mm, and would not accommodate my thick and curved toenails. Model was correct (SS-107). I think that the gap dimension is important to people with problem nails, and should be included in the product description. These clippers are great for fingernails, but if the gap is important to you, it would probably be better to look elsewhere.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse