on 10 September 2008
I use this card with a Canon EOS 40D, and find it to be an ideal card for that camera. Has been completely reliable, and is just the right capacity at 8GB.

The EOS 40D shows that 488 exposures can be stored, when using RAW + Large JPEG mode.
on 28 June 2008
Bought for use with Olympus E510. Works beautifully, and data transfer to PC through compatible card-reader is reassuringly fast.
Update Oct 2015: Still providing fast reliable service after several years of careful use (along with other Sandisk cards).
on 21 November 2008
I have the Canon 350D and this CF card allows me to take plenty of JPG+RAW pics. It is also much faster then my older 4GB 100x card. Very happy with the speed, size and quality.
on 23 February 2009
Using the card with a Canon EOS40D on RAW. Sandisk cards are reliable - I have used them for over 7 years - and these cope perfectly adequately in read/write speed on the EOS40D. I also have an Extreme IV and it is no different on this camera so why waste money on the extra performance if you do not need it?
on 30 September 2008
I bought one for my Olympus E-510.
I set the camera to shot RAW+High quality JPEG at the same time and the card does more than 1 fps so the card does the job as it should.
Do not bother to buy extreme IV as it would be little difference in speed (only in price is a big one :)
on 4 September 2008
I would expect these to do the job, and of course they do. My comment is on the vendor (at the time of writing Digizouk). Beware the shipping prices; £4.50 each. They state in their confirmation email this is fixed by Amazon but Amazon do not regulate Marketplace shipping costs. I can understand the cost if two large, dissimilar items requiring picking and packing, but not 2 CF cards that can fit in an A5 jiffy. Amazon have suggested I negotiate with Digizouk while they investidate their claim that Amazon are forcing the shipping cost. So far Digizouk have refused to respond to any communication execept with automated emails.

Having said that the product is very very cheap even with the silly shipping costs so if you don't mind being ripped off, buy them of course.
on 23 February 2009
As a professional photographer for over 40 years, and 10 years using digital, I cannot take the risk of a memory card letting me down, so I use SanDisk Extreme 111 cards knowing they will get the job done with no problems. 10 out of 10 and would highly recommend to all photographers.
on 31 October 2009
Which is enough for most people with the 5D MkII. You don't want to go up to 16GB IMHO for the safety aspect in case the card does go bad. I have 8 of these and one of them did go bad. Luckily only 8 pics were unrecoverable.

Saves very quick for the 5D MkII too. There is a slight lag when on continuous shot mode, though it is trying to save RAW files that can be over 30MB themselves.
on 1 August 2008
I have been using this for two months and so far has been fast and stable. It has operated reliably in both capture and uploading to computer when used for short shoots, or for intence ones which use up most of its capacity in two or three days. I have been shooting 4.5 Megabyte pictures, so the card has been demonstrating reliability in handling large quantities of files.

I did find I did have to use a shorter USB cable betwen my camera and the computer. My Sandisk extreme Memory Stick .. also in the Sony R1 I was connectnig with 8 feet of cable over a two yeear period with no glitches. This card, however required no more than four feet. To what extent this is pertaining to size of memory or to type of memeory I do not know.
on 23 May 2009
I have got the Canon EOS 50D, and the card suits the needs of the camera. The buffer in 50D allows you to shoot about 15 RAW files at 6,3 fps, and after that it is about 2-4 fps. The 2-4 is the speed at which the card stores the images. So if you need a burst at 6,3 fps to last longer than 15 shots - go for the fastest UDMA CF cards on the market. Lexar x450, ATP x450, Sandisk Extreme IV Ducati Editon.

See one answered question