on 19 May 2006
The Adventures of Blake and Mortimer is one of my favourite comics, even though in the UK it is not as popular as Tin Tin or Asterix & Obelix. (In fact I believe Mortimer and Blake's adventures were initially published in the 50s in magazines alongside with Tin Tin)

The comics (and thus the series) follow Scottish professor Mortimer and Welsh officer Blake as they travel around the world (and even through time)! Sadly, because of the original author Edgar Jacobs' untimely death in 1987 the entire series was never completed, and so he never could have provided any input to this TV adaptation.
on 2 January 2008
I bought this dvd collection as an Herge fan. Before I read the comics I enjoyed the dvd. However, now having read the comics, I am of the view too many shortcuts have been taken, often at the expense of the plot. Some stories suffer more than others, but few manage to replicate the intricate plots of the originals. The major letdown is the accents of the voices. Blake is supposed to be Welsh and not Canadian. The Canadian accent is highly irritating. Mortimer is mildly better, as the actor is at least trying to do a Scottish accent, with some limited success. The minor characters are alright but again why have British characters portrayed with an Canadian accents. In TinTin this was forgivable as TinTin is Belgian and not English. Here there is no excuse. There are plenty of excellent unemployed British actors who could have done the voices very well. The brief booklet with the package describes Blake and Mortimer as the essence of Britishness (or something similar it is not in front of me) - sadly excellent animation has been let down by poor production values. In general the artwork and stories are entertaining enough to merit purchase. The package is pretty good value overall. Some proof reading of the text on the packaging would have been nice as the text was obviously written by someone whose first language is not English. I orignally gave this collection 4 stars which I am now downgrading to 3 stars.
on 24 May 2011
I had only read 1 of the stories but enjoyed it enough to buy this complete series. I enjoyed it and thought that the animation was top notch. I agree that more effort could have been done with the accents but it's still worth watching for anyone who is a fan of the books although I wouldn't advise getting rid of the books and replacing it with this or any other series. :)
I'm not sure if young kids would enjoy it that much but this older (old) kid certainly did!
on 1 July 2012
Best cartoon series I've ever seen-in terms of adult adventure. Only 26 episodes though. It's a shame they didn't make more. Younger audiences might find, as my 7-9 year-olds thought, too much plot (not to mention some shooting).
on 15 January 2014
Watched these shows as a kid, looks like I still love them. I have no idea why but it's really fun to watch, even though I'm not a kid anymore.
on 27 January 2014
Always been a big big fan of this comic great art work and story and now on DVD brilliant !!!!
on 30 June 2011
Finally and English version of this series. Unfortunately my DVD player does not like it (incompatible) but the computer shows full screen really well. Very enjoyable!

David
on 4 November 2015
the drawing quality of the episodes differs a bit, otherwise great for fans of B&M
on 24 March 2012
Bought this as a Tintin fan myself + I wasn't disappointed + Same production team/company as TinTin series (Ellipse) so it will be very familiar format, if a bit grainy in parts + All the adventures Tintin didn't get chance to complete + Loads of stories + Each story has 2 parts and there are about 3 stories per disc and 4 discs in the box set

I haven't read any of the books so I'm not disappointed

Luvvin it
on 27 July 2010
nice dvd set the kids are enjoying them very much. only disadavntage I can find is that they lack an option to play them in french.