5.0 out of 5 stars Good, simple design
I bought the riser for a 17 in laptop, and it works well. The rubber base is very stable and the higher settings match the top of the screen with my eyeline ( I'm 6ft 3in ). The angle allows easier access to the laptop's keyboard as well, and you can clip the mouse/keyboard cables through the back of the stand. Works better for me than a previous iCurve.
Published on 26 Jun 2007 by Mr. James Morrison

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great
I have on of these for work. It's cheap, but it's not great. I'm searching for a different one for home use.
As another poster has pointed out you'll run into problems if you have ports at the front of the laptop, also if you try and close the laptop while it's on the stand you won't be able to reach the catch to open it up again.
Also i found the screw...
Published on 5 Aug 2009 by G. TINSLEY

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, simple design, 26 Jun 2007
Mr. James Morrison (Stornoway, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3M LX550 Vertical Adjustable Laptop Riser (Personal Computers)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 5 Aug 2009
Also i found the screw fastening slipped of it's own accord a couple of times - and i'd done it real tight!
Finally, it didn't work very well with my work laptop because the screen wouldn't go back to like 180degrees, so it left the screen at a weird angle that was hard to view straight on.
I'm looking for a different product. If you're not very demanding get this, but if you're going to be using it for long periods, look elsewhere!

4.0 out of 5 stars 3M LX550 - good but not for short people, 12 Mar 2007
The 3M LX550 is height adjustable, but we found the lowest height setting to be distinctly on the high side. Health and Safety guidelines specify that your eyes should be roughly level with the top of the screen. Using two different average laptops on this stand, the lowest height setting available was 'correct' for someone of 1.8m or 5 foot 11 inches (as judged by an IT Systems Manager). The purchaser was 5 foot 1 inch, alas.

Summary: A nicely made piece of equipment, go for it if you're 5 foot 11 inches or taller,even then I'd prefer a shade lower setting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed product, 23 Feb 2009
K. Vine "VynZ" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
Very well designed product the advantage that it takes up very little desktop space compared to other notebook stands. The adjusting mechanism being behind the back leg means that while the stand offers a wide range of adjustment, one may not want to be doing it often. Gives good elevation and is unlikely to block any ports while allowing good airflow to the base of the notebook.

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced & cheaply manufactured, 18 Jun 2012
I bought this product because ... actually, I don't know why I bought it. Checking the reviews again I should have be warned. Anyway, the product is really cheaply manufactured. Flimsy plastic and the rubber falls off everywhere without even touching it. This combined with the fact that the stand cost more than 20 makes it a very poor product. I probably won't return the product as shipping costs twice will not make me save money in the end. :(

3.0 out of 5 stars To expensive for what it is, 5 April 2014
Dale A. Haines "master_ice" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I ordered this for my wife's laptop. Personally I think it's very over priced and not overly impressive for the money it costs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cool stand, 4 Feb 2014
I chose this stand because I liked how it looked.
It has soft edges so that laptop stand still really nice.
It also has nice crack behind to organize all the cables.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Great!, 26 April 2013
I love this product! it's sturdy enough to support my 17" lap top and compact enough to fit on a small desk. I'm sure it will ensure I no longer get back ache caused by poor posture whilst using my laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says!, 13 Feb 2013
Hiten (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
Well packaged, robust, adjustable and quite good value. Quick delivery as usual from Amazon. I bought a cheaper alternative before but was no where near as good as this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 1 Aug 2011
I have been using this product for several years and it's an excellent product for my needs. It's worth every penny. I bought it from 3M Select via Amazon.