5.0 out of 5 stars DT 880 headphones
Published on 5 Jun 2009 by J. Parry

2.0 out of 5 stars no bass
Very weak sounding headphones with zero bass. They have great highs and mids and are supremely comfortable to wear but I found the sound frustratingly boring.
Published 2 months ago by Triv

5.0 out of 5 stars DT 880 headphones, 5 Jun 2009
J. Parry - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Edition HiFi Headphone, 250 Ohms - Semi Open Backed Construction (Electronics)
I have been very pleased with the sound and comfort of these headphones.They are mainly used with a Little Dot Mk.3 amplifier, although they sound good whatever I've plugged them into- not tried mp3 players.The headphones sound a lot like LS3/5A speakers, but with better bass. Other reviews, I have read, have suggested that these headphones are bass deficient, I would not agree, I think they are just neutral.They are wonderful at showing up bad recordings.They are the most comfortable headphones I have ever used, the build quality is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Headphones, 24 Sep 2010
Initially tried them via my regular hi-fi amp's headphone jack but they really struggled (this is the 250 Ohm version). Now use them with Lake People's G100 headphone amp and the sound is absolutely superb.

Verdict: wonderfully comfortable, beautifully made, highly detailed neutral sound.

Give your ears a treat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect item, excellent conditions!, 5 Jun 2014
Perfect item, better than I expected!
It was described as "very good" but I received a "like new" item!
Amazing sound, perfect fit, excellent price.

2.0 out of 5 stars no bass, 16 July 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive OPEN headphones, 9 Nov 2011
The highs are harsh (bit of sibilance) midrange recessed overall equal or inferior to a model half the price (senn HD558) Tried with and without amp improved with amp but again not as versatile because of the high impedance.
However they are very comfortable and light, they have enough detail and balanced sound to be used as professional monitors which is partly why I don't like the sound signature as its quite analytical. I think they look silly on me in that colour and bulbous shape. Decent soundstage and proportionate bass and decent seperation. They isolate the listener a fraction more than other open phones but not much and you can still hear what is coming out of them if your on the other side of the room. I would be happy with these if they were half the price but there are better and worse options for example they are not as much of a rip off as the Dre's. but for 33% more you could get the ultimate HD650's. I wanted to add that they are the most durable headphones I have tried that is probably why BBC use them as they seem indestructible.