4.0 out of 5 stars A truely great album

3.0 out of 5 stars Teenie Boppa U.S. style
Published on 23 Jan 2000

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A truely great album, 9 Jan 2004
This is a must have for those who are fans of the movie and "angry girl music of the indie/rock persuasion". No, seriously there is something on this album for everyone and is well worth every penny you spend on it. It does lean towards a pop/rock/indie stlye of music so if you don't like that kind of thing then this isn't for you. But for those who do i urge you to buy this album and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love songs, 16 Mar 2009
Mr. S. L. W. Cockings "power543" (Bedford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 Things I Hate About You Original Soundtrack (Audio CD)
I got this after i saw the film on the T.V i bought the Dvd and the soundtrack. It still remains one of my fav's. 3 of the songs in particular are amazing love songs that are so different and great.
Even Angles Fall
I Know
The weakness in me

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must-buy!, 13 Jun 2000
I bought this soundtrack after watching the film in the cinema, and was instantly drawn to the catchy tunes. It is now probably one of my favourite CD's and I find it is best heard when driving in your car with the wind in your hair, and the sun on your face, etc. Songs are an eclectic bunch, ranging from the smooth "Angels Fall", by Jessica Riddle, to the two upbeat songs by the fantastically cheery, Letters to Cleo. If you enjoy a good pop tune, choose this CD everytime.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a film, what a soundtrack..., 19 Dec 2000
By A Customer
Wow! What an excellent album - any review starting like this and it must be good! Just as the film had an air of teenage fun about it, the album manages to pull of the same stunt. Full of up-beat popular music, there should be a song to suit any occassion. Although there is the odd song that sounds 'off' (like Atomic Dog - George Clinton), the majority are bound to lift your spirits. When you first play the CD, you are welcomed by the catchy "I want you to want me", and from then on you know you are in for over one hour of tunes to brighten up even the dullest Monday morning. If you liked the film and want something to bring back the memories, or simply want an album that isn't full of doom or gloom, then this album could not come more highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars good listening, 9 Aug 2001
By A Customer
i really liked all the music in the film and so decided to buy the soundtrack. its a really good listen, with a mix of upbeat rocky songs and slow mellow ones. there are about 4 really excellent tracks, but i was very disappointed that 'I love you baby' and 'bad reputation' weren't on the soundtrack whereas a couple of boring songs that i'd never even noticed in the film, were. but its still worth it for the Letters to Cleo tracks and 'Atomic Dog'. If you are looking for a good mix of catchy songs then its perfect. but its a bit of a let down compared to the music in the film.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some great music mixed with some not so great., 5 Dec 2000
By A Customer
Although not all the songs on this soundtrack appealed (only a few albums exist where I like ALL the tracks) I bought it anyway. The first six tracks give the album a solid start, but it kind of loses it (for me) with the next three but gains back ground with "The Weakness In Me", "Wings Of A Dove" and "Cruel To Be Kind". Too many stand out tracks to name them all but I will mention two of my personal favourites that I had previously not heard, "Your Winter" and "Even Angels Fall". Worth the money if only to hear the upbeat Madness with "Wings a Dove", a song that never ceases to make me smile and lighten my mood.

3.0 out of 5 stars Teenie Boppa U.S. style, 23 Jan 2000
By A Customer
U.S. school kid stereotype stuff here... I bought, I listened and I enjoyed a lot of it, but only for the memory of the movie itself. The selection ranges from rocky to dance/pop to school prom music to slow song. My comment on this is that the tracks only just manage to blend in with each other. But if you're into an interesting range of music like me then buy this. Buy it for your kid. Everything fashionable in the U.S. always makes its way over here, including music style... just look at how Britney Spears totally overtook our British lass, Billie.. Oh and by the way she's not on this.

5.0 out of 5 stars My fave CD!, 6 July 2001
By A Customer
I am one for collecting soundtracks, but this really is the BEST CD ever! When I first listened to it, i thought certain songs such as "atomic dog" and "Dazz" were a bit strange, but you soon warm to them. It was from this that i fell in love with Letters to Cleo, a fantastic band. I was slightly annoyed that one song in the film wasn't on the CD, but apart from that, it's great! My favourite song is "I want you to want me", but "Weakness in me" is a gorgeous song too. A CD not to be missed...I mean it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 2 Sep 2001
By A Customer
This CD is an excellent buy, though it doesn't include a lot of the fantastic music from the film! If you like this CD, it's worth checking out 'Key of A Minor' by Jessica Riddle, who sings track No 5 'Even Angels Fall'. This is a really happy, lively CD, which always cheers me up when I'm in a bad mood! The film is excellent aswell- well worth checking out!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Album.. Don't hesitate... JUST BUY IT!!!!!, 27 Jun 2002
Really is immense. I'd never heard of Letters to Cleo before but they are so hip and happy.. the whole thing just makes you smile from ear to ear!! It's great for everything... Even Angels fall is a little more chilled out, as are Your Winter and War... I can't sing it's praises enough!!! Listen and you'll know what I mean!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

10 Things I Hate About You Original Soundtrack
10 Things I Hate About You Original Soundtrack by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2006)