5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent electric...
This was taken as a replacement for my faulty Remington F720 and I'm certainly glad the F720 took an early bath and I opted for this instead. Having been a wet shaver for some years now, I was pessimistic about owning another electric as they're usually no comparison to a razor.

Published on 18 Jun. 2008 by Robert Howcroft

3.0 out of 5 stars A good shaver, but
I must admit to being a preferred wet shaver, so I'm a little biased maybe, but I've tried various length growths and as long as you don't leave your beard to grow more than 2 days, this is a great shaver, anything more than 4 days and it keeps missing bits.

Published on 9 Dec. 2008 by Glezza

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent electric..., 18 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Braun Series 3 390cc Type 5325 Smart Contour Adaption Electric Rechargeable Male Foil Shaver (Personal Care)

However, I'm glad to say this one is superb and appears everything the Remington wasn't. The semi-metal/plastic body feels very sturdy and of high quality with just the right shape and weight for prolonged holding in your hand. The shave is also surprsingly close though I'd recommend also using a shaving oil to help reduce rash, of which there seems to be remarkably little when using this.

Topping all this is the superb in my opinion clean and renew system. I must admit I love this and after spending a night cleaning and charging away in the extremely cool looking electric blue "liquid bath" the shaver looks and smells fantastically fresh in the morning. For once, it seems a shaver manufacturers bold claims about one of its products may well be justified.

I used to wet shave/electric shave about 50/50 throughout the week but since owning this, I've barely had a wet shave at all the Braun is so good to use. While I wouldn't have paid full price for this when it first came out at over £110, now it's widely available for just half its original price, I have no hesitation whatsoever recommending this product to others. If there is one gripe it's a very small one and merely that the plastic foil protector - a small but still quite significant part - doesn't seem particularly strong and being made of clear plastic, not only occasionally gets lost but could also easily break. However, that's a minor quibble and I still happily rank this as a five star product since it not only met my expectations but exceeded them, something that rarely happens in our modern age of overpriced, unreliable consumer items.

5.0 out of 5 stars That really was a close shave, Gromit! (Sorry, couldn't help myself), 25 Nov. 2008
Andromeda Descendent (Tarn Vedra) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was very pleased to receive this electric shaver. I'm one of those people who are clean-shaven for the working week, but let it grow unhindered at the weekend, so my first shave of the week is a wet shave. And it follows that, because I already have the packet razor on the bathroom shelf, my old electric shaver has had intermittent use - sometimes I would use it, sometimes not bother because it took too long.

No such problems with this shaver - it takes me a fraction of the time my old electric shaver took me, takes every hair, and leaves my skin incredibly smooth. Didn't leave a rash either. In fact, I don't believe I have ever had an electric shaver that has gotten this close. I think the swivelling head might have something to do with it.

I haven't used the cleaning station yet though. I'm sure it's completely safe to use, but the words "highly flammable" on the cleaning liquid cartridge made me think twice about plugging the thing into the mains and leaving it to its own devices. I'm not really sure why it's there, as it does say in the instructions that you can run the shaver under the tap instead.

Whilst I'm not going as far as to say that this product changed my life, I can see myself shaving at weekends too now - good news for facial hair haters in my local vicinity!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value now the price has gone down, 11 Jan. 2008
I saw this razor last year but wasn't interested at over £100 but now it's come down it's worthwhile.

The shave is not as close as many modern razors however is better than previos electric razors I've had.

It copes well with the contors in my face and the hairs growing in different directions and so far (1 wk!) no shaving rash which often blighted my chiseled jaw when I used my rotary philishave and gillette.

The clean and renew certainly does leave it clean and ultimately will work out cheaper than wet shaving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in all conditions, 24 Jan. 2009
This was my first time with an electric shaver, as after reading the many reviews it seemed the best for stubbles. I've used it in as many varying growth conditions as I could think of -

1) Normal growth for 2 days - shaved before bathing
Successfully removed all hair and although the shave does not look as well done as wih razors, you would'nt be able to tell the difference from a distance of 1meter. Some areas needed a repeated shave, but overall I saved about 7 minutes as compared to 'razor-ing' my face. A little razor relief/after shave after the process and all was well.

2) 2 day stuble growth - shaved before bathing
the same result as (1)

3) 2 day stuble growth - shaved after shower
Although the manual recommended shaving before bathing as the skin becomes a litle "soggy" after a shower, i tried doing it anyway and found their recommendation to be correct :). If you have to use this after bathing, make sure your face has completely dried off and feels like a dry desert patch before you attempt to shave, although you might get scarred as the skin is extremely dry.

4) 4 day growth - shaved before shower
FInally the shaver met its match. The shave was excellent from the POV that it was as good as a wet shave, but the machine missed a few strands of hair even after repeatedly shaving over the same area. I eventually got then all but had to spend as much time as with a wet shave.

As an overall verdict, I'd say its money well spent. The cleaning unit is the coolest ever and I can get rid of stubbles in a jiffy. A point to remember though, you might find that the result obtained is best if you shave against the direction of growth of your hair. It seemed like the natural thing to do, and all of the shaves above were done by following this method.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good shaver, but, 9 Dec. 2008
Glezza (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

It has great looks, feels very comfortable to use, and the cleansing kit works a treat, it charges quickly too! But I only got a close shave on 1-2 day growth... Great if you want a shaving kit that is quick and easy to use.

Not for someone who likes to have a few days off.

It's certainly easy on the skin. I've tried various shavers from all different makes and this is by far the easiest on the skin so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Series 3 v Braun 5895 Confusion, 8 Mar. 2009
Honest Joe (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I previously bought the Braun Contour 5895 Shaver from another retailer but pass on this information as it might be useful to prospective customers of the Series 3 shaver; particularly as on the Amazon website when you click on `See all Product Description' it states the box contains a Braun 5895 shaver!

The boxed product I purchased was a Braun Contour Series 5000 shaver which consisted of a Braun 5895 shaver plus a Clean and Renew system having a 170ml tank of fluid. From what I can see this shaver looks identical to the photos of the Braun Series 3 shaver - except for the logo.

I am very happy with the Braun 5895 shaver which replaced a Braun mains electric model. Customers should not be concerned if they receive a shaver with this logo on it as opposed to a shaver with the Series 3 logo on it.

It has plenty of power but at first it took a bit more patience to achieve the same close shave as the mains electric, however once I got used to it I could achieve as good a result with the added convenience of cordless shaving and a much more capable hair trimmer. I use it once a day and normally charge it once a week, sometimes I forget and it still keeps on going! It has only once fully discharged which must have been after nigh on two weeks use having forgotten to charge it.

The Braun 5895 features are rechargeable/worldwide mains, washable, up to 50 minutes cordless shaving, 1 hour to full charge. I would be surprised if the Series 3 has (or needs) any additional features.

I do not use the clean and renew paraphernalia - it takes up too much space and I am a bit sceptical about using alcohol on all the gubbins; although I expect Braun have done their homework to ensure it will not degrade any of the materials. I carefully clean out the unit once a week. This only takes a minute and the foil and cutter on my mains rechargeable lasted for more than ten years this way so I see no reason to do otherwise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super NO CUTS Shaver, 14 Mar. 2009
John R. Hughes (llandudno) - See all my reviews
Are you fed up with having blood stains all over the place including white towels then this shaver is for you. A smooth shave that keeps her indoors happy. I haven't used the wash container yet but I expect I will get round to it.Once charged it seems to go on forever. A wonderful present to myself.Why wait for a birthday or Xmas. Go on, treat yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Series 3, 4 Feb. 2009
G. M. Bond (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my husband who thinks it is brilliant, the best electric shave ever and, as he likes gagetry, he loves the cleaning mechanism that goes with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Shaving, 5 Feb. 2009
Iain Ramsay (South Ayrshire UK) - See all my reviews
For the last twenty years I have used Phillips razors but was very disappointed in the last one I bought. Hence the change to the Braun and all I can say is I wish I had done it years ago. The quality of shave is very good and the self clean system is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun 390cc.nice shaver., 30 Aug. 2009
have been using this for a couple of weeks now and it has been as good if not better then i thought it would be,i am getting a nice close shave from it and it is quick as well.the movable head gets the shaver in full contact with your face so you are getting the best from it.it is a pity though that the head can't be locked in place like the last braun i had,as this can be handy for some places on the face.

the trimmer takes a bit of getting used to and is a bit close to the shaver,my old one was angled away from the shaver where as this one is in line with it.it does it's job okay though and is still easy to use once you get used to it.on a full charge it last me a couple of weeks,so you don't have to worry about it running out quickly,which is handy if you are away and don't have the charging lead with you.i haven't used the cleaning system as i prefer to clean it myself,so can't comment on that.