5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable
Published on 30 April 2012 by Diane

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing
Very ordinary, slow, just didn't grab me. I got fed up and didn't finish it! I suppose I am used to more action packed films
Published on 19 Dec. 2012 by Patricia Aldous

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 30 April 2012
This review is from: Shadows in the Sun [DVD] (DVD)
I enjoyed this film. Its "nice". Technically the direction is good the acting is great and the setting is beautiful. The story is a story, about a writer who has stopped writing and how he is encouraged (or not) back into writing. I actually felt myself being pulled into the scenes where, as a writer, Harvey Keitels character describes things. Those parts are almost educational if you are learning to be an author. Its a funny film in parts with characters you actually like. Which is a credit to the acting, even the ones you are not supposed to like, they do it well. Its easy watching, a film you dont have to think about but can just enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fabulous, 25 Aug. 2006
Ms. D. Durrant "Catswhiskers" (Stoke-on-Trent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shadows in the Sun [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this film last night with my 'other half' and we both enjoyed it so much that we decided that we must have it in our collection.

The acting is great and the locations in Italy are fantastic. If this film doesn't make you want to get on the nearest plane to Tuscany nothing will.

Yes, the film is a little predictable, cliched and corny as an earlier reviewer says but it loses nothing because of this. It is charming and lovely....just allow yourself to get swept away by it.

This is the perfect film for romantics and those wanting to escape everyday life for a couple of hours. Cynics need not bother.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really liked this film!, 24 Mar. 2008
J. Chambers - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shadows in the Sun [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this film as I wanted to watch Joshua Jackson in something other than Dawson's Creek (yes, I admit it!). I'd never heard of this film before so didn't expect much from it, but it was actually very good.

I watched it with my fiance and he loved it too. It was really easy to watch and thankfully not too cheesy (I don't like cheesy, corny films). The romance part wasn't too in your face, there were a few laughs along the way and it was a lovely way to spend the evening watching it.

I am really glad I bought it, it's a bit if a different story line, in a lovely setting with great actors. If anyone is thinking about buying it, I'd say go for it, it's worth a watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure escapism and with a happy ending!, 26 Sept. 2011
Nigel Mc (The Chilterns) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shadows in the Sun [DVD] (DVD)
If you buy this film for what it is - a gentle feel-good film set in an idyllic picturesque location; you will probably not be disappointed. If you buy it with high expectations then it is easy to critically tear it apart. Yes, the story is predictable and the comic moments could have been much better. However, there is much to enjoy and every now and again it is good to watch a film that is pure escapism - lovely scenery, enjoyable music and a happy ending.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really very good movie, 21 July 2006
This review is from: Shadows in the Sun [DVD] (DVD)
I thouroughly enjoyed this film,so much in fact that I will watch it again in a few days.

Joshua Jackson is superb and appears in every scene of the film which is set in the lovely Tuscany countryside,great views.

If that was not enough to wet the appetite then the adorable Claire Forlani also stars along with the very fine Italian actor Gianluca Gianni.The story is about a young budding writer being sent to Italy to track down and convince a once sucessful author to start writing again and to then sign him up for his London based publishing company.This inevitably takes a lot longer than at first expected,and the brooding Harvey Kietel takes some time to come round,long enough for Tim to fall in love with Isabella and to rediscover his own passion for writing.

An excellent film,well worth a viewing

4.0 out of 5 stars delightful, 29 April 2011
This review is from: Shadows in the Sun [DVD] (DVD)
Do not turn off in the first few minutes! This delightful story starts slowly, warms to it and becomes delightful. It brings humour, passion, scenery and a happy ending! What more could want?

5.0 out of 5 stars Shadows in the Sun, 21 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Shadows in the Sun [DVD] (DVD)
A lovely romantic story and such a change from the sex, crime and violence that we see in so many films.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable feel good film, 20 July 2006
B. Almond (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shadows in the Sun [DVD] (DVD)
There was one other review on here at the time of writing this calling it self indulgent and cliched. Well maybe, but I didn't really notice. We notice what we wish to and I chose to just enjoy this film for what it was: an awakening, come romance feel good journey. I don't do many reviews on Amazon so this film must have done something for me to voice another view. Oh, and my wife enjoyed it too, so that makes two of us.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shadows in the Sun, 6 May 2011
This review is from: Shadows in the Sun [DVD] (DVD)
Wonderful scenery, acting and general warmth. Lovely performances and lots of laughter and no tipping over into the usual American sentimentality so nothing spoiled the sharp wittiness of the writing. A best-selling author with writer's block being "saved" by a brash American editor who falls in love with his daughter --- tailor-made to be ruined by Yankee slush --- but it isn't!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Scenery and Romance!, 7 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Shadows in the Sun [DVD] (DVD)
Hadn't heard of this film before but was familiar with some of the actors in it and as it's set in Italy, decided to give it a go. It did not disappoint! If you enjoy a romantic story with good scenery then this is a film for you. I love Italy and the laid-back Italian outlook on life, something I think more people could benefit from!!!!!!

Shadows in the Sun [DVD]
Shadows in the Sun [DVD] by Brad Mirman (DVD - 2006)