5.0 out of 5 stars Unquestionable brilliance
I have never in my life seen anything like this series. I had thought that the Blue Planet, also by the BBC, was the pinnacle of achievement of wildlife television. The deep sea episode had left me breathless, but that proved nothing compared to Planet Earth. The effort that went into this series is obvious. Only at the end of each show when we spend time with each of the...
Published on 23 Jun 2006 by Rumpole of the Finchley

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty In its current state
Just a quick update about this set. It has been identified that four of the episodes in this set have a video error where the contrast is blown out. See link below for more info.

[...]

BBC's DVD support are denying that there is any issue at the moment so I cannot recommend it at this time. I would anyone who has purchased the set to get in contact...
Published on 8 Oct 2010 by metallicninja

‹ Previous | 172 73 7479 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Planet Earth, 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: Planet Earth : Complete BBC Series (5 Disc Box Set) [2006] [DVD] (DVD)
Again, this is an educational tool for young, curious children. Haven't seen the material myself, but I know the receiver was enchanted with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift, 12 Oct 2013
It was a Christmas gift for my dad and it arrived early enough for me to send to another country

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good songs because they say a lot!, 5 Aug 2013
My favorite song is since being in a lot.
What you like should be on many dislikes are few.
I recommend to friends and acquaintances many.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unsatisfied with the product, 1 Jun 2013
I received the blu-ray and tried all five discs but 3 disc aming those 5 were not playing properly. Every time i played it was stucked and then after have to restart it.
Contacted the seller but havent received any positive response from them till today.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Product itself - Beautiful. Amazon's Packaging? SUCKS., 20 Mar 2013
This product arrived yesterday (taking just under a week to get to Australia from the UK), and I was pleased it arrived so quick. INSIDE though, the outter packaging of the box was absolutely fragile, completely crinckled and ruined. I have no idea if that's due to bad manufacturing of what.
The actual product (Blu Ray) itself is phenomenal, beautiful, just this packaging is crap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD set and a must watch, 17 Mar 2013
P. Barrett ""book maven"" (Lanzarote/Canary islands) - See all my reviews
I was so impressed with this DVD set. I think that this should be shown in schools and re-run on TV as people need to be aware of what is happening to our planet. We must all move now to do something to slow up and try to reverse of what is happening for our childrens - childrens sake.

PLB

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply The Best, 25 Feb 2013
Mr. R. Mcilravie "Venja" (England) - See all my reviews
Anyone with a Blu-ray player needs this series. I doubt that it will every be equalled or surpassed. Buy it without hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 4 Nov 2011
What can you say, this blu-ray is amazing, each part is exceptional and best of all my 4 month old little girl loves it

3.0 out of 5 stars Misleading title, 7 Feb 2011
The video was obviously in dvd quality but was in a .... blu-ray disk?, why would you do that, to make it more expensive?, the quality was dvd but yet still in a blu-ray disk which makes no sense and is very mis leading, the three stars comes from the contents of the disks, not the quality of the shot

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning-& Great price!!!, 5 Jun 2010
Mr. Charles De Greeff (France) - See all my reviews
5 blue ray disc's each covering different aspects of our planet for under 20 & the quality ooh la la,narrated by 'the master' -don't hesitate!!! French Charlie.

‹ Previous | 172 73 7479 | Next ›