5.0 out of 5 stars jigsaws in bed?
Published on 10 Jun 2010 by Rhoda Carr

1.0 out of 5 stars one star???????????????????
Published 8 months ago by John W. Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars jigsaws in bed?, 10 Jun 2010
Rhoda Carr "Lizzybet" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Puzzle Mates Portapuzzle Deluxe 1000 (Jigsaw Puzzle Accessory) (Toy)
Great for doing jigsaws in bed, which is where I have the most space. Before, I had a whiteboard I was doing jigsaws on, but it usually got covered in dust and gunk quite easily, so I was looking for something else. I have a jigroll, but I hate sitting on the floor (too many damn spiders about) so I bought the Portapuzzle Deluxe. Easily the best jigsaw buy I ever made. I have a couple of 1000 piece puzzles that don't fit, but I can easily do those on the jigroll, and the Portapuzzle is great for doing smaller jigsaws too (i usually do 500 piece ones).

I usually fold it back on itself, and if there's a jigsaw in it, I usually leave it folded like that on top of my guinea pigs cage, or on top of the chest of drawers, with the loose boards placed on top of the pieces to keep them together and prevent me losing any. Haven't lost a piece yet!

Mine appears to be well made, and I can make up bits of the jigsaw and move them around as needed, no problems there. I've read a few reviews that said it was too big...what size did you expect it to be? And as for saying it's not like the description...they tell you exactly, you have the two main bits that zip together, and two loose boards. The only downside to the Portapuzzle is, unlike the Jigsort, you can't remove the tray you do the jigsaw on, but then, the Jigsort is far more expensive and to be honest, I think it's great for the price. The whiteboard has gone to my mother! Far better than the Portapuzzle standard, and far cheaper than the Jigsort. I'm glad I bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware quoted dimensions, 17 Jun 2010
David Thompson (England) - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars
Have now had this product for 3 months and found it excellent. It sems to be well made and so far have no complaints. The only issue I would have are the dimensions quoted - these include the handle which is no use if you are looking for a board that will accept a larger puzzle. Internal dimensions are 79cm by 54cm.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, a few drawbacks..., 12 Dec 2007
S. L. Martins (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
I love doing puzzles but hadn't done any for a while since I have two kittens and a young child, which have resulted in a few half-done puzzle as ending up on the floor. This product has made life a lot easier. The trays are great for laying out all the pieces and being able to zip it up when I leave the room has saved many mishaps.

The main drawback is its size. I had 3 1000-piece puzzles in my cupboard waiting to be done, but only one of them fits on this Portapuzzle. That puzzle is 49 x 69cm and only just fits widthwise. That said, I don't think I could sit comfortably with the Portapuzzle on my lap if it were any larger and so do not wish to purchase a larger one (if it exists).

One time I had it zipped on its side for a while and when I opened it some of the pieces along the bottom edge slipped out. I think this is because the puzzle was right near the edge and it had taken a few knocks.

From now on I will be careful to only buy puzzles to fit this Portapuzzle and will only store it horizontally when there is a puzzle inside. It is a shame it has these limitations, but taking them into consideration I still think I will be using this Portapuzzle happily for many years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - The final part of the puzzle, 18 July 2008
This is a brilliant idea. Sitting down making your puzzle, all of a sudden, dinner's ready, need to clear the table and put your jigsaw away from the kids reach. Zip it up, tip it up on its side and down the back of the couch with it - all in under a minute. A fantastic product and only sorry it wasn't available growing up when it would have been my Mother looking for her table back and not my wife!!! Only limitation is its size, you get addicted to jigsaws and want to go bigger, now you need a bigger puzzle board!! Well done to the person who invented this - I hope you make a fortune!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a product!, 6 Sep 2006
Excellent product, a must for all puzzlers out there! Makes storing an incomplete puzzle so easy - don't know how I ever survived without one.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUMBO PORTAPUZZLE, 6 Jun 2009
Mrs. S. Blane (N Ireland) - See all my reviews
[[Jumbo PortaPuzzle Deluxe 1000]]

I live in a 1 bedroom apartment so space is very limited. This is an excellent, sturdy case for my current jigsaw. I still haven't completed it, but can zip it up and store it under my bed until the next time. I am delighted with this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 1 Sep 2009
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars
This portapuzzle fits a 1,000 piece jigsaw and is neat and tidy when packed away. Recommended for jigsaw lovers.

1.0 out of 5 stars one star???????????????????, 7 Jan 2014
I bought this jumbo portapuzel case for a present for my wife to replace old piece of plywood she has been using for years. the delivery was fast , the concept of item great , the construction and look fantastic.the ability for storing part assembled jig saw fantastic.. WHY THEN ONE STAR , the softness of the padded work surface undoes all the prior good points making it difficult to assemble a jig saw and pieces keep coming apart. not as bad as making up a jigsaw on a duvet but nearly. my good lady has reverted to using the old piece of plywood on top of the kitchen table. then i have to put it under the bed when not in-use
after this I should change my public name to grumpy old man , but if you read the rest of my reviews they are all honest and good.

5.0 out of 5 stars jigsaw heaven, 26 Oct 2010
A. Graves - See all my reviews
Have recently started doing wasgij jigsaws and was struggling for space to do them on. I bought this and it is fantastic. I was a bit dubious as some reviews mentioned that you couldn't slide the pieces across the felt but I have found this hasn't been a problem at all and the 2 felt boards that come off are really handy for laying pieces out on or for making small sections of jigsaw on. Easily zips closed when you have had enough and I haven't found that any of the pieces move or slide when the case is put on its side. Great buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Just What you need, 2 Feb 2009
W. Taylor "BDW" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
Does what is is supposed to do in a very stylish way. We have never had jigsaw pieces fall even though when half way through a puzzle we keep it up right. The Boards are great for separating the pieces we are working on at that time. Would recommend it.