Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 June 2011
by now, everyone will have had "I need a $"drilled into their cortex, it's a feel good hit of the summer as someone once said.
I must confess to having lived my life in ignorance of Mr Black until my eldest came home from college, raided you tube to show me the video as she knew I'd love it!
well, 5 minutes later I was confirming my order with Amazon for both of the CD's listed for Mr Black.
This, his debut solo disc ( I think) is much more "hip hop" in concept, more of a DIY shot, but none the lesser for that.
It's easier to look back with perfect hindsight and point out the journey from this to a top 5 hit ,but don't compare or contrast, this is the sound of an artist sculpting his vision, crafting his gems of songs into a polished item, yes it's rougher, yes it's more "street" , but he can sing and his lyrics are from the heart.
Soul music with a modern edge, this is the perfect antidote to the pre-packed, amorphous bands marketed via X-factor , supermarkets and TV..
Having said that, if you heard this in those situations, it would be out of place .
I missed him on Later..., but thanks to the internet and Amazon, you can relive the thrills, so, put the CD on, turn it up and dive into the world of Aloe, a place where Marvin Gaye is having dinner with Public enemy, whilst listening to Otis Redding jamming with Queen ( harmonies in the intro to Long Time Coming,his version of ... well, you listen and you'll discover this for yourself, )
on 17 June 2011
If you have looked to AB's back catalogue for more of 'Good Things', you may be disappointed, but maybe pleasantly surprised at his diversity and imagination. This man demands listening. You can hear his sincerity via his tracks. Not for childrens ears, this one. Though i suspect that it's the adults who will be surprised at some lyrics, not their kids! Clare
on 16 July 2014
Excellent buy! So glad I decided to purchase this after having only heard one of his tracks. My most listened to CD of the year so far. Would recommend you buy it.
on 8 September 2014
Most would probably find some of these songs strange, but they truly show the talent this guy has. I recommend buying all his albums
on 26 May 2014
THE ALOE BLACC ALBUM TURNED UP PROMPTLY AND WAS PACKAGED VERY ADEQUATELY, I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH IT AT ALL
on 16 July 2014
Case broken seal broken looked second hand
on 11 August 2014
A superb album. Aloe Blacc at his best.
on 10 January 2016