5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent novelty, yet useful and educational Item!
I purchased this Item for more than an educational toy (I'm a little old for that!) but for that I love all things to do with the Moon, and I felt that to have a soft moon-glow in my bedroom would be rather nice - not to say quite relaxing. However, when I received it, I was rather more delighted than I expected!

This gives a beautiful soft glow (very...
Published on 27 Oct. 2009 by FAMOUS NAME

I was very happy with it, my son loved it and enjoyed to watch the moon from his bed every night. UInfortunately, after a couple of weeks, I have realised that I am going to be buying a lot of batteries in the future if I want to keep using this product.
Published on 12 May 2011 by Dr Melrose

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent novelty, yet useful and educational Item!, 27 Oct. 2009
(VINE VOICE)

This gives a beautiful soft glow (very moon-like in light strength) just like the real Moon! The details of the craters are very authentic to the real thing, and so when lit, this gives a very convincing appearance of the Moon as we see it from the night sky.

It comes complete with Remote Control. What I didn't know, is that the Moon light progresses through twelve different phases - either manually, or automatically using the Remote Handset. It gives both a fascinating and authentic effect! It also has the ability to automatically switch on when the room goes dim or dark, and the fact that it switches off automatically too without any interaction after half an hour is rather useful to conserve battery life!

As if all this isn't enough, it also comes with a CD with information about the Moon. At first I thought this would be of little interest to me, since I'm well past the usual learning age, but I was pleasantly surprised with a few things I didn't know! It is extremely interesting and lasts for about 1/4 an hour, and I was riveted! Full of facts and interesting theories/stories, including how our Moon came to be in existence, and also what people of previous generations believed/thought of it.

All in all, this is an excellent Item - toy/novelty - whatever you wish to call it, and for the price - I am suitably impressed!

If like me, you love all things 'Moon', then go on and treat yourself - you won't be disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good night-light masquerading as the moon..., 14 Dec. 2007
P. White (Cambridge, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Uncle Milton Moon In My Room Illuminated Decoration (Toy)
From an adult perspective this is a nice product. The moon is hemispherical and the size of a small dinner plate. It mounts to a wall using a single screw (not provided) and a keyhole slot on the back. It comes with a remote control that has an on/off switch, a manual moon phase control and an automatic phasing button. The moon will only illuminate in a dark room (light sensor) and can be set to full auto: in which case it'll come on as soon as the room darkens or manual: you control the on/off.
The moon has the ability to illuminate itself to show the phases of the moon (crescent to full). This can be automatic in which case the phase moves every 5 seconds (too fast perhaps) or manual. The manual mode is useful because increasing or decreasing the illumination makes the moon a useful mood-light in a bedroom etc. The illumination turns off after 30 minutes so you'll not fall asleep and drain the batteries. Oh, there's also a CD of moon related information for kids to enjoy.
Children will like this if only for the night light ability and it does look reasonably moon like with the slightly textured surface to simulate craters. I quite like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars By the light of the Moon, 6 Jun. 2008
Jennifer's Mum (North West England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Uncle Milton Moon In My Room Illuminated Decoration (Toy)
Bought this for my 7/8 year old who is mad about space and astronomy, we all think it's absolutely magical. It's very realistic, gives off just the right amount of light and is suitable to play with or just to leave on to go to sleep to. I can think of a few other kids who will be getting these for presents. Just GREAT!

4.0 out of 5 stars "Moooooon, daddy....", 19 July 2009
Andrew Kane (Buckingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Uncle Milton Moon In My Room Illuminated Decoration (Toy)
My 2-year-old little boy has a bit of a moon fixation - when he can get a clear view of it through a window at night he just points at it saying "moooonnnn.....". He also loves grabbing my iPhone, looking at the moon-map application scrolling around the surfaces, pointing at all of the "bangs on the moon" (craters). So I had a look at this and thought that he might like it.

He found it after a bath, when I took him into his room to get his pyjamas on, didn't turn the lights on and left the moon cycling through the phases - he was so excited at it that he kept jumping off the bed pointing at it on his wall. As adhoc presents go it was a great success!

It is a little plasticky, and I doubt it would survive much abuse from a small child, but as it can be attached to the wall this shouldn't matter. The little remote control is very simple - on/off, next-phase and cycle - that even a 2-year-old can cope. Great fun - worth buying any little one who likes the moon or the stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars An unusual present, 6 May 2009
Mrs. Lesley Bristow (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Uncle Milton Moon In My Room Illuminated Decoration (Toy)
We bought this for our 8 year old granson, he loves the moon and spends ages watching the different phases. He also enjoys listening to the information cd which comes with it. The moon is fasinating and quite realistic. An unusual but educational present.

4.0 out of 5 stars moon in my room, 10 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Uncle Milton Moon In My Room Illuminated Decoration (Toy)
got this for my 11 year olds bedroom, he loves it, he leave it to come on on its own when it gets dark. It lights his room up alot. great fun as he said.

2.0 out of 5 stars It needs lots of batteries and they last just a few days with not a lot of usage, 12 May 2011
Dr Melrose (Stirling, Scotland) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Uncle Milton Moon In My Room Illuminated Decoration (Toy)
I would understand this if we had the moon working all day long. That is not the case, we only switch it on wheh my son goes to bed and we leave it on just for the automatic cycle (30 minutes).

I guess nothing is perfect.

Uncle Milton Moon In My Room Illuminated Decoration