5.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back
My Nan had a whistling kettle when I was a little girl and I don't know why I've waited so long to buy my own.

Published on 16 Sep 2010 by M. E. Pike

2.0 out of 5 stars Have seen better, have seen worse, wouldn't buy again.
Bought it few months ago and wanted to use it for a while before leaving a review.
At first I hated it. That is gone. Now I just do not like. Why? It simply is not a pleasure to use it, but since I paid for it I'll keep it as I had worse kettles in my life.

The good:
paint quality is good, l
looks nice,
handle stays cool,
nice whistle...
Published 3 months ago by limac

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back, 16 Sep 2010
M. E. Pike "starfishuk" (Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Le'Xpress 2L Whistling Kettle - Black (Kitchen & Home)

The kettle itself is pretty basic. Large, sturdy and capacity to hold lots of water. The high gloss surface can be a bit of a magnet for sticky finger prints however and I guess it's not the kind of kettle you would buy if you want a quick cup of coffee before you rush out of the door to work, it's rather slow. If this isn't an issue for you however, then I really can't fault it.

I love hearing the whistle sound signalling tea time whilst out in the garden. My cats however are less impressed and it's up there with the hoover in the 'scary noise' stakes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kettle, 10 Sep 2009
This review is from: Le'Xpress 2L Whistling Kettle - Black (Kitchen & Home)
This is a great looking kettle, takes longer to boil than an electric kettle but not a problem. Whistle works well, the handle does not get hot and good value for money. Thoroughly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars The kettle that whistles, 17 April 2009
This review is from: Le'Xpress 2L Whistling Kettle - Black (Kitchen & Home)
This kettle is lovely to look at even though the lid can be a wee bit stiff taking it on and off i love the design nice and curvy i also love the rubber handle too.There was a slight problem with the whistling part of the spout when a small part came off and could not see how to repair it, but amazon replaced it with no hassel at all.
Cheers Doreen

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent kettle, 22 Oct 2010
Ms. M. Edwards (Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Le'Xpress 2L Whistling Kettle - Black (Kitchen & Home)
This is an excellent kettle, which I am very pleased to own. You know that sometimes something is just a pleasure to use? Well this is one of those things.

Pours well and looks good in my kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen craft kettle review, 9 Jun 2010
Mr. Glyn Denman (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Le'Xpress 2L Whistling Kettle - Black (Kitchen & Home)
Having had this kettle for a number of weeks now I have put it to the test, boiling just enough water for a cuppa to larger amounts to fill a good sized teapot. I can honestly say this product not only looks good on my gas range but makes a cracking cup of tea. The whistle is very loud, loud enough for me to hear it in the garden so there's no fear of forgetting about it. It can take a little longer to boil than an electric rapid boil kettle, but the pay off was worth it. Having read the reviews about this kettle before I bought it I was expecting a product very much near perfect AND IT IS. Can't say any more really, only I wished I'd swapped my electric kettle for this one sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Craft Le' Express Whistling Kettle, 28 Jan 2010
R. Gunn - See all my reviews
This review is from: Le'Xpress 2L Whistling Kettle - Black (Kitchen & Home)
I love it, the only slight negative comment I have it is not so easy to pour when emptying kettle completely, tends to dribble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Design, 19 Jun 2010
This review is from: Le'Xpress 2L Whistling Kettle - Black (Kitchen & Home)
After several problems with the purchase of two Le Creuset Kettles I decided to try the Kitchen Craft Kettle. I have only just started to use it, but up to now I am more than impressed. It is a delight to use as the design of this kettle is excellent. It looks fabulous on the hob. The whistle is a most pleasing and what I particularly like is the handle. A joy to pour and feels and looks far better than my previous purchase. A top class kettle for a most reasonable price. I only hope that this one does not start to develop rust spots inside like the Le Creuset Kettle; none of the feedback has mentioned this as being a problem, so fingers crossed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and Good Looking, 17 Oct 2010
This review is from: Le'Xpress 2L Whistling Kettle - Black (Kitchen & Home)
This is our third on the hob whistling kettle and we think the best yet. The capacity is large at two litres, the whistle loud, the whistler mechanism sturdy, the handle soft to grip and not hot, and the black enamel keeps it looking good. Our last two kettles had metal finishes, which discolour easily over time - especially if you use a large flame such as those from wok burners on hobs - and the whistling attachments eventually broke off or went wonky on both and we lost the whistle!

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection!, 24 July 2012
This review is from: Le'Xpress 2L Whistling Kettle - Black (Kitchen & Home)
I took a long time researching a new kettle for my Rayburn cooker, read all the reviews, compared prices, and I can honestly say this is a superb kettle. Heavy enough for the solid cooker plate, it works just as well on the electric hob. A useful feature is that you can fill it through the spout. And the price is very competitive. A good buy all round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whistling Kettle, 22 April 2012
This review is from: Le'Xpress 2L Whistling Kettle - Black (Kitchen & Home)
This is the best whistling kettle we have owned since we started to use this type of kettle on our gas stove. Gas is far cheaper in Spain where we live than electricity hence the reason for the change from our faster electric kettle. Over several years we have owned two other whistling kettles and this new one is by far the best as it makes a good loud sound when whistling, the handle is perfect as both my previous kettles the handles became too hot to hold without a cloth, and it looks very modern to blend in with my modern kitchen. I do not find it too heavy to pour and I have no trouble with either filling it or pouring into the teapot. All in all a very nice clean handsome looking kettle.
Also just a quick word to say about the very efficient service of Amazon at a sensible price delivering to my Spanish home just as good as the service we receive in UK. Thank you.

Le'Xpress 2L Whistling Kettle - Black