4.0 out of 5 stars The kettle that whistles
This kettle is lovely to look at even though the lid can be a wee bit stiff taking it on and off i love the design nice and curvy i also love the rubber handle too.There was a slight problem with the whistling part of the spout when a small part came off and could not see how to repair it, but amazon replaced it with no hassel at all.
Cheers Doreen
Published on 17 April 2009 by Dee-dee

3.0 out of 5 stars A great kettle - but the whistle faded!
Published on 26 April 2011 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars The kettle that whistles, 17 April 2009
This review is from: Kitchen Craft 2 L Le'Xpress Whistling Kettle, Black (Kitchen & Home)
Cheers Doreen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kettle, 10 Sep 2009
This is a great looking kettle, takes longer to boil than an electric kettle but not a problem. Whistle works well, the handle does not get hot and good value for money. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back, 16 Sep 2010
M. E. Pike "starfishuk" (Kent) - See all my reviews
My Nan had a whistling kettle when I was a little girl and I don't know why I've waited so long to buy my own.

The kettle itself is pretty basic. Large, sturdy and capacity to hold lots of water. The high gloss surface can be a bit of a magnet for sticky finger prints however and I guess it's not the kind of kettle you would buy if you want a quick cup of coffee before you rush out of the door to work, it's rather slow. If this isn't an issue for you however, then I really can't fault it.

I love hearing the whistle sound signalling tea time whilst out in the garden. My cats however are less impressed and it's up there with the hoover in the 'scary noise' stakes.

5.0 out of 5 stars black whistling kettle, 4 April 2011
ive always wanted an old fashioned stove top whistling kettle, and im not disappointed
this looks very stylish and is a nice touch in a new modern kitchen
the black finish is smart and the whistle has a novelty factor
it is slower than an electric kettle, but doesnt bother me in the slightest- will probably ease my electricity bill
would 100% reccommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent kettle, 22 Oct 2010
Ms. M. Edwards (Spain) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent kettle, which I am very pleased to own. You know that sometimes something is just a pleasure to use? Well this is one of those things.

Pours well and looks good in my kitchen.

3.0 out of 5 stars A great kettle - but the whistle faded!, 26 April 2011
Having finally lost patience with unreliable electric kettles (four in 7 years) I decided to go back to basics and have been pleased to do so. This kettle is sturdy, easy to fill, with a good, loud whistle and I soon got used to using it after years of automatic kettles. It doesn't seem to be much slower than an electric kettle, but that will always depend on the output of your heat source. I've had quite a few comments about how good it looks, it's easy to keep clean and I can't think that it won't last me years. Hooray!

Update 9th August 2012.
Nothing could possibly go wrong with this kettle could it? Well, actually yes. The whistle has been reduced to a feeble 'phew', despite all efforts to improve it (mostly copious quantities of limescale remover) I just have to make sure I'm around when it boils, a bit of a pain, but there it is. I've consequently had to downgrade the rating. Pity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Craft Le' Express Whistling Kettle, 28 Jan 2010
R. Gunn - See all my reviews
I love it, the only slight negative comment I have it is not so easy to pour when emptying kettle completely, tends to dribble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen craft kettle review, 9 Jun 2010
Mr. Glyn Denman (UK) - See all my reviews
Having had this kettle for a number of weeks now I have put it to the test, boiling just enough water for a cuppa to larger amounts to fill a good sized teapot. I can honestly say this product not only looks good on my gas range but makes a cracking cup of tea. The whistle is very loud, loud enough for me to hear it in the garden so there's no fear of forgetting about it. It can take a little longer to boil than an electric rapid boil kettle, but the pay off was worth it. Having read the reviews about this kettle before I bought it I was expecting a product very much near perfect AND IT IS. Can't say any more really, only I wished I'd swapped my electric kettle for this one sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and Good Looking, 17 Oct 2010
This is our third on the hob whistling kettle and we think the best yet. The capacity is large at two litres, the whistle loud, the whistler mechanism sturdy, the handle soft to grip and not hot, and the black enamel keeps it looking good. Our last two kettles had metal finishes, which discolour easily over time - especially if you use a large flame such as those from wok burners on hobs - and the whistling attachments eventually broke off or went wonky on both and we lost the whistle!

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Design, 19 Jun 2010
After several problems with the purchase of two Le Creuset Kettles I decided to try the Kitchen Craft Kettle. I have only just started to use it, but up to now I am more than impressed. It is a delight to use as the design of this kettle is excellent. It looks fabulous on the hob. The whistle is a most pleasing and what I particularly like is the handle. A joy to pour and feels and looks far better than my previous purchase. A top class kettle for a most reasonable price. I only hope that this one does not start to develop rust spots inside like the Le Creuset Kettle; none of the feedback has mentioned this as being a problem, so fingers crossed.

ARRAY(0xa5f1d3a8)