5.0 out of 5 stars Chuffed
Citizen Men's Eco-Drive 300 Meter Professional Diver Watch #BN0000-04H

Ordered Friday ... Arrived Monday! Way to go Amazon!

Published on 18 Oct 2010 by M. Bolton

3.0 out of 5 stars Great item, but has broken now twice....
The watch has been great for diving and has been used in over 300 dives and has been dunked daily in water (by way of my job). Unfortunately it has now had to be sent twice for repair as the crown either won't 'lock' or more recently simply "pops" out of the watch!

Published 6 months ago by Mr. M Schofield

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Chuffed, 18 Oct 2010
M. Bolton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Citizen Men's Eco-Drive 300 Meter Professional Diver Watch #BN0000-04H (Watch)
Citizen Men's Eco-Drive 300 Meter Professional Diver Watch #BN0000-04H

Ordered Friday ... Arrived Monday! Way to go Amazon!

This watch is solid and small enough (and yet large enough) that it doesn't look like Big Ben sat on your wrist. Face is clearly legible without the clutter of the all whistles, all bells, all no use dials of the chronograph monstrosities. Strap is comfortable and does not slip around the wrist. Citizen Eco-drive for 150! No more batteries to buy at extortionate rates. Rated at 300m for diving (Who needs to go to that depth unless you're in a canvas sack with a cannonball at your feet????) so should be more than ample for my 18m open water diver usage. The only small critcism is that the date portal is small but I can read a calendar anyway.

All in all, I'm chuffed to bits with this watch which I am sure will serve well for many years to come. Providing my lad doesn't beg, borrow or steal it from me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box., 13 April 2011
What more can I say more than my title,
It comes in a nice box. It looks good and it tells the time.

Yes the date indicator is a little small, but any larger and it would look out of place.

The best thing is, I never have to replace the battery, which is why I bought it. So I never have to open it up, have it repressure tested and no chance of leaks.

Hmmm like my last watch.

The only annoying thing is. on the strap, they give you a little Non deco limit table. It is in feet, Obviously this watch was imported from the US.
My last Citizen (Stolen by some thieving boat boy in Egypt!) was in Metres. But this is just a niggle, something I could sort with a new strap if I was so inclined.

But over all, excellent watch, looks good, glows in the dark for a while, very bright, but it is new!

Watch out there are many older non ecodrive watches kicking around for sale, many places will try an fob you off with them, by saying they are the current model. Don't be fooled..

5.0 out of 5 stars Top dive watch, 20 Sep 2008
I love this watch. It's got the rugged simplicity of a Rolex at an affordable price. The face is clear and uncluttered making it much easier to read than some of the all-singing all-dancing dive watches available. The one-way bezel is easy to turn but stays where you put it and the second hand is nice and clear so you can time decompression stops accurately. And it never needs batteries. You do need to be careful that the crown is screwed down though, as it will leak if it is loose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Jun 2012
Gogol (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Top quality watch at less than half the price anything you could find with a Swiss movement in. Citizen have given us an automatic divers watch for under 150 quid! The watch is slim, slimmer than the black monster Seiko has to offer or its 007 model so this can be worn as a casual watch under a shirt. The lume on this watch is fantastic and needs very little light just normal daylight for it to glow for hours in the dark. The other good thing about the lume on this is it glows ever when moving from daylight to poor light rather than other watches where you need to "Charge" By holding it to a torch or lamp to glow.

Strap is rubber which is much more practical for a divers watch especially as its going to get wet often. The only down side to this is I have noticed the rotating bezel can be a bit loose and can get moved with not much effort. I am not a diver so not much bothered by this but I suppose I would be if I was underwater and had only 10 minutes to surface before I suffocate!

Watch is a matt black face and metal case which looks a lot more solid in the flesh than that horrible stock photo shown.

Watch comes in standard Citizen box brilliant automatic watch highly recommended.

****Update****

Had this now for a couple of months and its pretty much become my daily watch. Stands up to the rigours of an active life and no issues I can think of. Even the rotating bezel I have got used to and just have to be more mindful that it can move. The positive with this is when you do need it (I sometimes use it as a timer) It doesnt sound like you are trying to turn the cogs on a bike chain when moving it.

The only issue of note would be the strap. I specifically bought this on a rubber strap which is one of the reasons I went for this rather than the Seiko 007 Within a month though I changed to a nato strap. I found the rubber too thick and can start to dig into your wrist a little. No big deal as it now sits happily on a nato strap and looks even better for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Citizen Men's Eco drive 300 divers watch, 10 Sep 2010
G. Forbes (UK) - See all my reviews
Well what can I say. I debated for ages over which watch to get, this or a sekio divers watch. Went to shops etc to get a look at both, as pictures dont really tell the whole story (size of watch, solidity, feel etc). Must say I am impressed. Nice solid feeling watch with an excellent strap that although you can close it tight the chunky bits of the strap actually allow some play. Very nice. The rotating bezel is a little tight but feels like it will never move accidently which is a good thing when your diving. Date could be larger but thats nit picking. The watch itself keep excellent time, not had to adjuct it yet. Solar powered so another plus. Looks and feels good. should last for ages or until i get bored and want a new one! And the GLOW in the dark at night is very cool and bright! all in a solid buy. Recommend highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic watch for the money, 8 Jan 2012
R. KING (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
I had been looking for a watch to save me wearing out my Tag, which I've had for many years, and fancied something a bit chunkier but not so chunky that I'd need to have my arm in a sling to wear it. I ended up ordering a lovely Rotary watch from Amazon, but that was returned owing to a build quality issue.

And so, browsing through the many watches on offer on Amazon's website, I came across this (not-so) little beauty which seemed to me to represent great value for money. However, I have rather slender wrists, and I had read reports of the straps on typical divers' watches being too long for the average wrist - this due to the fact that divers who wear such watches for their intended purpose tend to wear them OVER the sleeve of their wet suit, hence the need for a longer strap. Too long a strap on bare flesh could mean that, with a wrist like mine, when the watch was being worn the end of the strap would almost be doubling back on itself. I needn't have worried - it so happened that I saw a similar (same brand, different model, but same strap) in a branch of H. Samuel, tried it on and it was perfect.

Anyway, back to the watch. It looks very cool, keeps perfect time, and the Eco-Drive function means no more batteries. I don't wear the watch every day, but I do leave it out of its box in a fairly well lit room (natural light) and that appears to give it all the charge it'll ever need to avoid it running out of power. The rubber strap looks extremely durable, and given that I do not wear the watch constantly I should think it will last a very long time - but if it did go, it could easily be replaced by another rubber strap, or even a leather one: the connection between strap and watch appears to be a standard fitting.

All in all, I'm delighted with my purchase, and I would recommend this watch to anyone. Once again, Amazon have fully delivered, and then some. Thank you!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great item, but has broken now twice...., 9 Jan 2014

I have sent it back for repair again today, so "hopefully" it won't happen again. It is frustrating that this issue seemingly came out of nowhere as the crown has been used maybe twice to change timezone in the watches 2 year lifespan.

Other than these issues its a great watch, I pray if you purchase you do not experience the crown hassle I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Owned for over 7 years, faultless, 4 Oct 2013
P. Roberts (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this watch in 2006 and I have worn it daily. The strap lasted for 3 years, which is reasonable, and I've had a black nato g10 nylon replacement since which has lasted longer and is a lot cheaper than the replacement citizen strap. After 7 years there are the usual scratches, dents, dings and signs of general hard use but with no loss of function. Still fully waterproof! I'm not a diver but I do a lot of outdoor sports and this watch has done it all. For the price you can't really compete with this watch. Easy to read in a hurry without the distraction of stuff you don't need. Easy to read at night in low visibility. It isn't too big and it isn't too small. Does what it says on the tin!

5.0 out of 5 stars CITIZEN DIVERS WATCH, 8 Jan 2013
WOW! WHAT A STUNNING TIMEPIECE - BEAUTIFULLY CONSTRUCTED AND ENGINEERED - ECODRIVE OF COURSE FOR LONGEVITY - SEALED CROWN WINDER - EVEN THE BACK OF THE WATCH IS LOVELY TO LOOK AT - ANOTHER WINNER FROM CITIZEN !

5.0 out of 5 stars grande orologio, 31 Dec 2011
diver molto preciso e molto robusto.
Se avesse il calendario perpetuo ed il vetro zaffiro, sarebbe
eccellente orologio definitivo.
Con cinturino J. Bond, diventa anche molto bello.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›