5.0 out of 5 stars It took long enough...
... I can't believe it's finally out on DVD here, YAY!!! Although LONG over due.

Published on 25 Nov 2006 by K. Hughes

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining but fizzles out
The series deal with New York's brave trio of cops/ambulance rescuers/firefighters, and with three different departments as "protagonists", there is a lot of ground to cover in each episode. I've got to admit that was a bit overwhelmed by the first episode as it seemed like they had just crammed everything in and expected us to get a feel and taste for the series right...
Published on 30 Mar 2011 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It took long enough..., 25 Nov 2006
K. Hughes (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Third Watch - The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)

Anyway... I have been following and watching Third Watch for years now converting all my friends and family into fans too. What makes this show so much better than the usual medical or crime drama series is the fact you get to see the different sections of the emergency services all in the same show so there's never a dull moment... And considering I know some FDNY paramedics who really love this show too they can't be doing too much wrong in terms of portraying it poorly or inaccurately.

I have gotten far too attached to these characters which is a testiment to these actors and writers abilities to draw you in. I hate knowing there's no more after season 6 but I would DEFINITELY recommend this show if you like fast paced action filled TV with witty and dark comedy that still retains it's emotional and heartwarming nature, I garuntee you will get sucked into their world too!!! And I defy anyone to not fall in love with the brilliance that is Maurice Boscorelli, although the rest of the cast are brilliant too, he's just excellently played by Jason Wiles.

BUY IT, YOU'LL LOVE IT :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars GIVE THIS A TRY.IT WILL NOT DISAPPOINT, 16 Aug 2006
This review is from: Third Watch - The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
If you are a fan of ER you will love this.Its fast paced with loads of action.Basically its a show about the third watch shift, police,paramedics and firefighters who work the 3pm-11pm shift.It has some wonderful, colourful characters, one of the best is a police officer called 'bosco', he is a bit like Romano in ER,funny, straight talking, and doesn't care about anyone or anything.The relationship he has with his work partner 'faith' is really funny, shes a cross between his mother and his wife.Jimmy the firefighter,is good looking and boy does he know it, he gets into loads of scrapes, mostly with women, and lots of them.He was married to kim the paramedic, but the relationship ended when he slept with her sister.

Moving on to the future of the programme,for those of you who don't know it was shown on tv, in a silly time slot for 5 series, and then it stopped. Lots of episodes were cut because of the content. I think it began in 1999/2000, but has only just come out on dvd. I believe there was a problem getting copyrights over the music/soundtrack,and thats another thing, the music is really good.What i will say to those of you who have bought series one, or who are considering it, is it just keeps getting better.The characters really develop and the story lines get better and more hard hitting.I think later on in another series, there is a special episode relating to 9/11.

Needless to say i think this is brilliant, the packaging is also good and a little different to other box sets, as each disc comes in its own case.So what are you waiting for, give this a try.I think you will love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Third Watch, 29 May 2006
This review is from: Third Watch - The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
Imagine a cross between ER and London's Burning and you get the picture. Classic show which should have been shown by Channel 4 in a prime time slot not shoved away into the graveyard slot or cut to pieces in the morning slot.

Great characters and great actors, Molly Price and Jason Wiles are real standouts. You'll also see Kim Raver from '24' and Eddie Cibrian from 'Invasion'. Really, this is a fantastic, gritty, powerful TV series.

5.0 out of 5 stars a hidden gem!!!, 15 Dec 2006
This review is from: Third Watch - The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
I found this by accident when channel hopping whilst bored one night and have been hooked ever since. Would recommend it to anyone - great characters and fantastic storylines.

Only one negative note - why are we not able to purchase a box set of all 6 series as available in USA?

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant surprise, 25 July 2007
This review is from: Third Watch - The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this series on the back of many enjoyable US boxsets, without expectations. Third Watch has proved to be a splendid view, well worth the price and delivering with each episode.

I was please to note that many of the production/writing team from ER were involved in the show. Combining the three parts of the NY emergency services into one idea showed inspiration, and it is admirable that no one service is neglected in order to concentrate overly on another. The humour is plentiful, as is the engaging American ability not to take themselves too seriously. I consider the writing on the show sustains the pedigree of its peers.

I hope that the remaining series will be released soon. It would be a shame to miss the other 5 boxsets when the other reviewers are enthusiastic about the continuing quality of Third Watch. Enjoy - I'm confident you'll be a fan from the first siren.

5.0 out of 5 stars From bedstuy to lower manhattan ...... Third Watch has it all!, 24 July 2006
J. Walsh (ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Third Watch - The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
What a show! From start to finish this one of the greatest dramas ever to make it to television. Fantastic characters with the unheralded molly price, skipp suddath and michael beach to name just a few putting in heart stopping performances. The star of series one is the magnificent JASON WILES who plays Maurice Boscorelli with such raw enthusiasm and energy. This guy should be a star! High octane police chases along with brave rescues and life saving from the guys on squad 55 and Adam and Boy 553 of the fdny! What can i say this show grabs you by the throat from the minute you hear the opening music and you see "bosco" racing down the street after a bad guy!

Mesmerising show with a great dedicated cast that in the end were ruined by nbc and their total ignorance and sheer stubborness to always have this show on at desperate times!

NBC were the true losers!

"Cmon ...... a little bedstuy with bosco?"

5.0 out of 5 stars The best show!!, 25 May 2006
This review is from: Third Watch - The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
I just got my DVD set from the UK, and I love this show. I never saw the first season I began watching on the 2nd season. Well here in the usa they are not selling this on DVD yet, but I got it as a gift and all I need was Region free DVD player. This was one of the best shows I have ever watched. Having a husband who is an EMT for the FDNY it is amazing to watch what it is like to wrok on the streets of NY. This show gets 5 stars from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Third Watch, 6 April 2007
This review is from: Third Watch - The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
hi, i forgot all about this tv series after waching it on tv. i brought it staight away. it follows the stories of the new york police department, fire department and the guys in the ambulence. there is action in every episode and it also shows the characters homelife which makes you feel for the characters. one of the best tv series out there. i want all the other seasons to come out. there are at least 4 which puts this out of the cheesy section of tv. thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hail the unsong Heros of EMS!, 10 July 2009
Uenna (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Third Watch - The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
It was very humbling to discover this box set. I had never seen nor heard of Third watch. I saw this on sale on Amazon, with a picture of Kim Ravers (24) and Eddie Cibrian (sunset beach), I felt I could not go wrong as I like both actors. What a cracker! An eye opener into the world of EMS! The series followed the heroic acts of a group of police officers, firefighters, and paramedics in the fictional 55th Precinct and Fire Station 55 whose shifts fell between 3 pm. and 11 pm, the so called "third watch

It is a great depiction of the life and work of these men and women who put their lives on the line in the service of others -the emergency medical services staff. What was so touching was that these men and women were constantly thrust into dangerous situation and they never balked, but just did what ever they had to do to save lives. Were it possible to award medals for the conception of this series and the crisp writing, I think this should be given a double gold award.

As a hospital staff this was even more poignant as my respect for the ambulance men and women rose to new heights. I could relate to the fact that they were often not appreciated as depicted in some of the scenes with the character Dr. Morales - the attending at the hospital who constantly criticised them and found faults in whatever they did.

The series did well to depict the personal lives, home situation and everyday problems encountered by this men and women as a result of the nature of their job, how they cope after loss of their colleagues in the line of fire, how they support each other in good times and in bad times. I enjoyed the love triangle between Bobby (Bobby Cannavale), Kim (Kim RAVERS) and Jimmy(Eddie Cibrian). Bosco's quest for glory and irresponsible antics, and Sully's even temper and responsible policing.

I really enjoyed this series as it broadened my view of the EMS and gave me a new insight into the lives of fire men, emergency police and the paramedics.

Sadly there is no news of release of the subsequent series (S2 -S6), we live in hope. You can't go wrong with this set if you like action, thrillers or police and medical drama.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic show - wish more box sets were released, 20 Dec 2007
This review is from: Third Watch - The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
This is the most fantastic show ever. If you are a fan of ER this won't disappoint you. I am very sad that I cannot buy the full series. I love the action and the personal and professional lives of the characters. I will never be able to understand why this was given a late night showing or mid morning, axed to death. It is a shame; it deserves better and then there would be even more viewers.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›