5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Quality Toy
My daughter is 8 months old, I wasn't sure if this toy would be too big for her as the rec age is 1-5 years. However, she loves it and is able to open up all the gates and push the cockerel from side to side. The animals are just the right size for her chubby little hands to grasp hold of and despite her tugging at all the gates, they remain tightly fixed.

It...
Published on 22 Feb 2008 by Crafty Marie

3.0 out of 5 stars Fab Fisher Price but more suited to younger toddlers
This is a colourful chunky farm with lovely touch & feel animals and realistic animal sounds when gates/doors are opened.
I'm a big fan of Fisher Price and the Fisher-Price Little People Animal Sounds Farm is well-made and long lasting which is what I know when it comes to Fisher Price toys.

I just think the recommended age that is given with this farm...
Published on 6 Sep 2008 by BabyMarvel

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Quality Toy, 22 Feb 2008
Crafty Marie "mariej30" (Cambs) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Animal Sounds Farm (Toy)

It is extremely well made, very sturdy and very entertaining with the sounds it makes. The best toy I've bought her since she's started to sit up. I can see that it will keep her entertained for years to come because as she gets older she will make up pretend games with it. I am going to buy the stable and collect other farm animals for it because you can add fences to the farm.

It really is brilliant, I am so so pleased and such a good price on Amazon too.

JUST TO ADD: My daughter is now almost 15 months old and this is now her favourite toy. She plays with it daily, loves pulling the animals out of the hay stack and putting them back in. As well as pulling all the doors to hear the noises. One of the best toys we have bought for her.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fab Fisher Price but more suited to younger toddlers, 6 Sep 2008
BabyMarvel (South East England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Animal Sounds Farm (Toy)

I just think the recommended age that is given with this farm (1-4 years) is slightly off, since this playset hasn't kept my daughter interested much beyond her second birthday.
I would have to agree with a previous review and will say that while every child is different, I think this toy would be better suited for those younger than 2 years, give or take a few months and perhaps even younger than 1 yr.

I may put it aside and re-introduce again later but we have done this before and it hasn't worked which is a pity really. Great fun yes, but not as stimulating as it could be for a two and a half or a three year old.
I would take a closer look at the activities of both toy and child (as well as age) before you buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment but not 'touch and feel', 19 April 2009
nicnac (Jersey, Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Animal Sounds Farm (Toy)
This toy has been played with endlessly since my son (now 18 months) received it as a present last christmas. I would have rated this with 5 stars but like another reviewer we were disappointed when we discovered that the animals were NOT TOUCH AND FEEL, as described in the Amazon write up, but just plastic. This is a shame as this would have really made a difference to the overall quality and enjoyment of the toy.I would have sent this back if I'd discovered this earlier but the box had already been ripped open in excitement by the time we'd realised!

4.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile purchase, 20 Jan 2007
K. Booth (Warwickshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Animal Sounds Farm (Toy)
I bought this for my son for Christmas. He is just under a year old but this suits him perfectly. He loves the animals which are just the right size for his podgy hands. He can entertain himself for ages at a time (relative to his low attention span), opening and closing the gates which make animal noises. The animals end up getting carried around all over the place, and they obviously taste nice... It is a good way of teaching him about the different animals and getting him to develop his imagination. My only concern is that I can't see it keeping him occupied longer term - surely there is a finite amount of fun to be had putting animals in and out of their pens, sliding them off the roof or putting them down the shoot? Maybe that's because I'm not a child though and my concerns will be prooved unfounded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Little People product, 16 Oct 2009
Mr. James Young (Loanhead, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Animal Sounds Farm (Toy)
My Daughter loves this stuff and this is no exception. Superbly built and full of little touches.

The sounds are great and not too overwhelming for their little ears. Good selection of animals and plenty of moving bits to keep her entertained.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my best purchases, 8 Feb 2009
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Animal Sounds Farm (Toy)
This was bought for my grandson for christmas who is 18months and is excellant value for money, he plays with the farm non stop. Whenever he is visiting friends or family he takes it with him. Excellent value and brilliant for children learning all about animals and their sounds. I would recommend this to any parent.

5.0 out of 5 stars lots of fun, 8 Oct 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Animal Sounds Farm (Toy)
Fisher price at it's best! I bought this for my 12 month old daughter for christmas who is now 21 months, it has been dragged around, dropped off the sofa on numerous occasions and left outside on a wet night and still looks like new! The farm has helped with animal recognition and sounds and my daughter loves putting the cute animals down the shoot and shouting where's it gone, there it is! Not sure how much longer it will keep her interest but would recommend highly for under 3's. Impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Little farm for little fingers, 4 Dec 2006
David Roberts (Geneva , Switzerland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Animal Sounds Farm (Toy)
Great chunky parts, attractive animals. Ideal for a little boy or girl, fascinated by farm animals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for baby 9 months and up, 17 Sep 2008
SOS gsy (Guernsey, Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Animal Sounds Farm (Toy)
My 9 month old baby had this toy given for Christmas and absolutely loved it. She used to hold one animal in one hand and another animal in her other hand and she'd take them everywhere with her. My 2nd child adored the farm too and now my 3rd (and last) child is playing with it. It has not changed a bit since the day we had it given even though all of my children have chewed on the animals and the farmer at one time or another. I would have to say though that the ideal age for this toy is perhaps 9 months to 20 months - I cannot image a 3 or 4 year old being interested for more than a day or two.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, Not Impressed, 22 Jun 2012
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Animal Sounds Farm (Toy)
Purchased this Animal Sounds Farm after reading the good reviews on Amazon, but regret I cannot rave about it at all. Had lots of Fisher Price toys for my children when they were young and it is indeed a well made product however, I think it is really basic and certainly not worth the price tag of £26.99. We purchased this for our nine month old grandson.....sorry, just not impressed.

Fisher-Price Little People Animal Sounds Farm