5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely knife, 29 Sep 2012
J. B. Miller (Northampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Japanese Chef's Knife - 18cm blade length (Kitchen & Home)
I've had this knife for around a month now and have had a chance to get a good feel for it. First up - it's a very pretty knife. Well finished to a mirror polish, nicely fitted together and, of course, with that lovely damascus style blade. The handle is a slightly different shape to the german knives I'm more used to but it feels very natural in the hand. I couldn't wait to use it for the first time, And yes, it is SHARP! Right out of the box. It could do all the well known sharp knife tricks - dropping tomatoes on it which just fall in half, cutting paper thin slices of tomato horizontally without even having to hold the tomato with your other hand, cutting paper................. well, I'm sure you know what I mean. But the proof of the pudding is how it performs in day to day use in the kitchen. In this it has been a joy. Comfortable, effortless and FUN! Drawbacks? Well I do have to make sure I clean it and dry it after each use. I'm maintainig the edge with a steel but I'm a little nervous about what will happen when the time comes to sharpen it. I don't have whetstones, only a draw through sharpener. And I think this may be set at the wrong angle for the bevel on this knife. So I may have to get it professionally sharpened. But other than that it's just a lovely knife. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars top knife, 16 Feb 2010
Ian M. Butt "Imb" (devon UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Japanese Chef's Knife - 18cm blade length (Kitchen & Home)
well if it sharpness balance quality and eye catching then this is the knife for you. it holds it's edge longer than most knives ,i use the kasumi ceramic 3000-8000 whetstone for that ultra smooth cutting edge for sharpening.a must for all cooks (good & bad !!!) Combination Whetstone: Fine 3000 grit & Superfine 8000 grit

5.0 out of 5 stars Kasumi Chef's knife, 16 April 2011
This review is from: Japanese Chef's Knife - 18cm blade length (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this for a friend who loves cooking and he is over the moon with it. Apparently it cuts like a dream and looks like a work of art.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Knife, 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: Japanese Chef's Knife - 18cm blade length (Kitchen & Home)
This is a brilliant knife. I bought it as a 40th birthday pressie and it's used every day. Still in very good condition after a years heavy use. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome but..., 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: Japanese Chef's Knife - 18cm blade length (Kitchen & Home)
The knife looks, feels and cuts great.
I live in UK and i was very unpleasant surprised that i had to pay VAT and a mail handling fee when i received the package.
I wish i knew before placing the order.

5.0 out of 5 stars watch out!!!, 2 Aug 2012
This review is from: Japanese Chef's Knife - 18cm blade length (Kitchen & Home)
very sharp and just the right weight to glide through fruit and veg.I don"t cook red meat or cannot comment.I clean and dry it as soon as I finish preping.Iam hoping it will stay sharp whilst I save up for the whetstone.
I love using this knife but if you touch the blade near the handle it will cut you-I mean lightly touch it.
I use this knife and my mauviel copper frying pan(both expensive).It is like owning a Porsche and driving it on a race track(I imagine!!!)
We now eat out a lot less -so already recouping on investment.
If you love someone who loves cooking-buy them both these products-or a porsche and a race track!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best all purpose knife, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Japanese Chef's Knife - 18cm blade length (Kitchen & Home)
I use this knife to cut any foods, cutting is effortless and light weight; only thing is be very careful as it cuts very easily you could end up cutting your fingers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best knife I ever bought, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Japanese Chef's Knife - 18cm blade length (Kitchen & Home)
I am currently following classes to become a chef, and there's always that quest for a good chef's knife, I've tried some german brands, 26 and 30cm but I was looking for something shorter. This blade is perfect: sharp, lovely to look at and I'm really enthusiastic about the balance of the thing. Mainly cause of the balance this has become my main tool when I need to slice something up.

I'd recommend this for the more seriious hobby cooks or chefs

5.0 out of 5 stars great item, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Japanese Chef's Knife - 18cm blade length (Kitchen & Home)
wonderful my partner who is a chef loved it. it looks fantastic and very sharp great value for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Japanese Chef's Knife - 18cm blade length (Kitchen & Home)
excellent knife very very sharp easy and light to hold cannot praise this highly enough you will not need another knife this does it all

Japanese Chef's Knife - 18cm blade length