4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing?
Published on 23 Mar 2006 by Matthew Mulgrew

3.0 out of 5 stars They had lots of potential
Journey South were my favourite acts in 'The X Factor' of 2005, and I bought their self entitled album the following year.

I wanted them to win, but they still came a respectable third. I remember feeling a little disappointed about this album at the time, and dug it out again recently. Brothers Carl and Andy Pemberton showed what they were capable of on their...
Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing?, 23 Mar 2006
Matthew Mulgrew (Newark, Notts United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Journey South (Audio CD)
Having watched the X Factor and rooted for Journey South, I was a touch disappointed but for probably all the wrong reasons. Having been able to record the individual performances from the show, I found that the studio tracks just do not have the same "oomph", apart from Desperado. This was especially relevant to "Let It Be". The album is up to the standard I expected apart from that, and as an introductory album it makes me look forward to some more. Very good listening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning debut, 22 Mar 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Journey South (Audio CD)
WOW. If you liked the Journey South boy's acoustic sets on the X Factor, you'll love this album. 11 beautiful songs, with stunning solo vocals, and spine tingling, soaring harmonies.
The two self penned tracks - All Of You and All That I Am - prove that Andy and Carl can write as beautifully as they can sing. The four fabulous tracks taken from the X Factor have been slightly tinkered with and are even better than on the live shows. The other five tracks - all covers - have been reworked into the spell binding Journey South acoustic sound.
A stunning debut album from very talented brothers. It will be in my CD player for a very long time. WOW.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure magic!, 22 Mar 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Journey South (Audio CD)
I am blown away by this first album by Journey South. SUPERB! Andy and Carl are a naturally talented duo with great voices. The covers are poignant and their two original songs, All Of You and All That I Am are beautifully written by Carl and Andy. I hope they release one of them as a single.
Don't let the negative reviews on here put you off. Of course the album has cover versions - they have been on the X-Factor tour all these weeks after all with little time to themselves I expect. Yet they still have managed to write two songs for this debut album. Give the lads a chance! I'm looking forward to future original songs from them both.
Buy this album! You will feel mellow after listening to it. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lets hope theres more to come!, 12 Mar 2006
This review is from: Journey South (Audio CD)
This is a great debut album from Journey South! There is a great mixture of covers (which they make their own) and originals. The songs are very poweful and the harmonys are great as they were on the XFactor! I hope these boys can damn their bad critics who are branding them another one hit wonder!! They're miles better than a lot of people in the music business now!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Journey South, 20 Mar 2006
This review is from: Journey South (Audio CD)
If you are not an X factor fan there is still a chance you will warm to this album. It is a well thought out collection of songs, some covers and some new material written by the boys themselves.
The boys voices are absolutely fabulous. I would really rate this album to anyone who wants to listen to this while either doing chores or having a dinner party.
My personal favourite is Let it Be. To those who snort at covers, just give this CD a listen and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. It is clear these boys want to bring out their own material next time and need this as a head start.
Journey South Rock!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant debut album, 2 April 2006
Scott C Young (Barry, South Wales United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Journey South (Audio CD)
Great covers from Andy and Carl. 2 of the songs are there own. 'All of you' and 'All that I am'. Hopefully one of them will be released as a single. Both songs are worthy of chart success and zillion times better than some of the rubbish that is currently in the charts. These 2 brothers are really talented and deserve there success. Great vocals and acoustic guitar by Carl. I hope they have a long successful future with there own original songs :) Buy the album and see for yourself :)

5.0 out of 5 stars X Factor Duo Don't Disappoint, 21 Mar 2006
S. FOWLER "sarahhopper1" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Journey South (Audio CD)
Having been a supporter of Carl & Andy from the beginning on X Factor, I eagerly awaited their debut album and boy was it worth it. Thankfully, it wasn't the usual TV talent show offering of a CD full of 2nd rate cover versions, but a mature and polished album. Yes it did contain some covers but made to sound as if the songs were their own, particularly Desperado which is beautifully sung. Glad to see they were allowed to record some of their own songs too, "All of You" and "All That I Am" both top quality songs, both in structure and vocally. The only downside is this album leaves me wanting to hear more from them-so don't keep us waiting too long!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Album, 31 Oct 2006
S. Suthers (Portsmouth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Journey South (Audio CD)
I bought this album after seeing Journey South in Concert. I wasn't really a JS fan but thought they were good on X Factor. I took my friend to the concert for her birthday. However, I was very surprised at the live show. They sang brilliantly and were very good performers - I really enjoyed the show. So I bought this album, it's very easy listening, suitable for all moods!! Their own 2 songs on the album are really good - showing just how talented the brothers are. If the standard of their next album is anything like the songs they have written it should be very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true winner, 22 Mar 2006
Chris (West Acton, London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Journey South (Audio CD)
Bought the album on Monday and been hooked on it since I played it. Love the Cindy Lauper song 'Time After Time' and 'Desperado' by the Eagles excellent! shame 'Bad Day' was not one of the covers. Cover songs not unexpected for a first album. Cannot wait for the next album which I hope are original songs. Here's to 10 years of albums from Journey South!

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Amazing Debut Album I've Bought In A Long time!, 3 April 2006
Lulu (Mid Glamorgan Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Journey South (Audio CD)
Well what can I say?! - We all loved them on X FACTOR and they sure haven't let us down with their debut album! I can't bring myself to take out out of my car! If you liked what you saw on the show then buy this. The covers of "Nobody Knows" and "Time After Time" are addictive as well as their infamous "Let It Be" and "Desperado". Although many tracks are slow and emotional, there's the great upbeat "What I'm Looking For" to brighten your morning on your way to work! Well it does for me! Carl and Andy - let this be the first of many!!!! x

Journey South
Journey South by Journey South (Audio CD - 2006)