5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Thermometer. Great customer service.
I have had one of these on my kitchen window (double glazed) now for well over a year.
It is a great piece of kit. It seems accurate enough - the recorded temperatures match the reported local temperatures off the internet.
Published on 12 Sep 2010 by Colin

3.0 out of 5 stars good
I am happy with this and think that it is great value. One problem is that the temperature is not visible at night (on a north facing window). Black numbers on transparent display which is black at night. I cut a piece of white paper and slotted it in - it is now visible (so long as the paper lasts).
If visibility were improved I would rate it 5 star.
Published on 28 Jan 2010 by C. Connolly

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Thermometer. Great customer service., 12 Sep 2010
Colin "(52)" (UK and Azerbaijan) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: TFA Vision Window Thermometer (Garden & Outdoors)
There is a small bracket/holder that attaches to the window by means of two adhesive pads. The thermometer assembly then clips on to that. This allows the thermometer to be removed when the window needs cleaning and replaced afterwards (only a very small area underneath the bracket cannot be cleaned).

It has remained well glued to the window (on the outside),through summer and winter.

It reacts pretty well minute-by-minute to changing temperature, and I love the max-min function.
The display is large and clear and I have no problem to read it during daylight hours, even though the windows are double-glazed.
When it is dark outside I find it is somewhat difficult to read from inside the house, unless I direct a flashlight directly on to the thermometer.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting a cost effective max-min outdoor thermometer.

After a few months I wanted to reposition the thermometer and I emailed TFA who sent me a new adhesive mount, free of charge. Very helpful company, great product. A second thermometer came unstuck after a year. I reattached the bracket to the window using "UHU Fix" double sided pads, UHU Fix 50 Adhesive Cushion Pads Double-sided Load Capacity 300g 50 Pads Ref 40259 they are still in place after 6 months.

I know it is only a thermometer, but it is one of my better purchases.

March 2012 update: still going strong.
October 2012: still working great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Window thermometer, 5 Sep 2010
K. W. Tutt (Kent England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TFA Vision Window Thermometer (Garden & Outdoors)
This is the second of these thermometers that we have bought. They work very well as thermometers but they do not remain attached to glass - they fall off after some time. We found that we had to attach it to the window frame to maintain the attachment.

3.0 out of 5 stars good, 28 Jan 2010
C. Connolly "cc" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TFA Vision Window Thermometer (Garden & Outdoors)
If visibility were improved I would rate it 5 star.

1.0 out of 5 stars It can be cold outside, 21 Feb 2010
This review is from: TFA Vision Window Thermometer (Garden & Outdoors)
Useful thermometer which appears to be accurate. It's easily assembled and fitted. However it's not as easy to read through double glazed windows as I had hoped. A quick glance will not suffice.
20 months later this thermometer died so I'm downgrading my original rating. It's a great pity because I found the thermometer to be very useful but I expected it to last a bit longer than 20 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what we want!, 4 May 2009
Rod (Scottish Borders) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TFA Vision Window Thermometer (Garden & Outdoors)
On the kitchen window this tells us just what we wnat to know

How hot and cold it has been over the last 24 hours, and what the current temperature is

Easy to read from inside

Reacts minute by minute to change in outside temperature

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 2 Oct 2010
This review is from: TFA Vision Window Thermometer (Garden & Outdoors)
Husband loves his present so he can check how much to wear before taking out the dog at 6am! Don't put up where sun is directly on it as it distorts the readings. The decimal point is now very faint after a few months of use but still does the job

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll know what coat to put on!, 16 April 2010
This review is from: TFA Vision Window Thermometer (Garden & Outdoors)
This is an excellent product. Other reviewers have mentioned it's difficult to see at night, which I 100% agree with. If you have outside lights or you can position it so a street light is behind it, it'll be fine, but because it's sited outside your window and the digits are black on glass, you won't see it without a separate back light source. Turning the room light on makes it worse! One reviewer has suggested putting some white paper or plastic behind it, which helps - and now the product comes with a separate clear but frosted plastic backing (to protect it from extreme cold or wet) which helps a bit, and you can slip the paper/plastic between the display and the back.

The clock is accurate. No time displayed but resets minimum temperature at 8 p.m. and maximum at 8 a.m. Mine has had to go on a north-east-ish facing window, so gets full sun for an hour or so between 8 and 10 a.m. which distorts the maximum - simple solution is to set the clock 2 hours early so it resets at 10 a.m. once it's in the shade.

Temperature is accurate enough compared with other thermometers I have. Certainly within 1 degree, which should be fine unless your a weather scientist!

I get up at 5.30 to walk the dogs, and joking aside, I do know which coat to put on before going out!

One of the sticky pads didn't stick very well (but I may have got greasy finger on it before sticking), but I've used glue suitable for glass so no worries there.

Dead simple to set, straightforward with no frills. Go on... buy one. I bought 2!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure about this thermometer, 19 Mar 2010
Jf Peachey (UK Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TFA Vision Window Thermometer (Garden & Outdoors)
It looks nice and is very neat on the window. Unfortunately, in comparison with a mercury thermometer it was not particularly accurate, two or three degrees out. Also, it never re-set as it claimed to do. The the 'min' and 'max' never changed. Maybe it was faulty. I returned it for a refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars Suitable for indoor use only!, 1 April 2011
This review is from: TFA Vision Window Thermometer (Garden & Outdoors)
I was given the window thermometer as a present and otherwise would have asked for a replacement or refund by now. The thermometer is on a relatively sheltered side of the house. From new, whenever it got damp outside, the display would go blank, and would only recover if I placed it on a radiator to dry. Now it does not work even when it is brought inside (and so I was being generous when I suggested it was suitable for indoor use only). The concept of the device is simple enough, but clearly it has not been designed for the elements and I suspect that the electronics are not in a sealed or encapsulated environment - ie a cheaply constructed device.

4.0 out of 5 stars Window thermometer review, 3 Jun 2009
Mr. M. R. Rymill (Dorset UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TFA Vision Window Thermometer (Garden & Outdoors)
I have had one of these for some time, and found it to be very useful, if mounted on a North-facing window, however when I purchased a new one recently the display was faulty and I complained to the supplier. A new thermometer was dispatched promptly, and now I have two thermometers in good working order.

TFA Vision Window Thermometer