4.0 out of 5 stars Patch for PC CD-ROM version of Lego StarWars II
If you are having problems with installing the PC CD-ROM version of this game (i.e. on Windows XP - cabinet file has an invalid digital signature) then there is a patch now available at:- [...]

If you download and install this file:- LEGO Star Wars Installer Patch v1.0.1_efigsd.exe then the game will work properly.

Good game once I managed to get it...
Published on 6 Oct 2006 by Mr. R. H. Powrie

1.0 out of 5 stars Exercise in frustration.
Installed it without any errors, though I had to create my own shortcut on the desktop.

Once I started playing the game though, it was fun... up to a point.

Published 14 months ago by Blam

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Patch for PC CD-ROM version of Lego StarWars II, 6 Oct 2006
Mr. R. H. Powrie (Blairgowrie, Scotland) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (PC CD) (Video Game)

Good game once I managed to get it installed!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, just classic!, 19 Nov 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
If you enjoyed the first one, you'll love this one even more! I personally enjoyed the original trilogy of films far more than the more recent ones, and the lego version doesn't dissappoint! Hilarious animation sequences, brilliant animation on all the characters - even when they are just standing around; the way each stands is different - the rebel soldier reaching for his gun and realising its in the other holster had me in stitches.

The game isn't just about the animation though, it is genuinely fun - one of the few purely entertaining games I have ever found. Levels include action, messing around in a collection of exciting vehicles and puzzles - a brilliant variety which keeps the game fresh.

Whether you are simply looking for an enjoyable platformer, or find the idea of a Lego Han Solo, battling it out with Lego Stormtroopers funny - this is the game for you.

Oh, but you probably need to like Star Wars...and Lego.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it - you won't regret it., 22 Jan 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Fantastic game for both young and old - even both at the same time. a good way to get non-gamers into computer games as you can let the experienced player do the difficult bits. Full of humour and different things to do/find.

So at the current price just buy it, you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as you'd hoped!, 15 Sep 2006
Scott Dee (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
The original Lego Star Wars covering chapters 1,2 and 3 (ie the not-so-good ones) of the saga was one of the surprise hits of last year, blending the combination of Lego and Star Wars perfectly, based on the successful Lego product line. Whilst a little easy and therefore a bit short, the game was very well received and managed to extend replayability with a host of hidden secrets and extra characters.

Now the original trilogy has been given the same treatment, and it's all you would want to expect: bigger, longer, and harder! With three chapters of six episodes each, along with a few bonus bits and pieces, there's plenty that should keep you going - unlike the first one, you probably won't be able to whip through this one the first time around in one sitting!

It brings a smile to your face to see all of the classic Star Wars characters and vehicles bought to life in Lego form, and many of the character and vehicle models match those available for retail in a very nice touch! The same level of playability has returned, but there's definitely more to do and more things hidden in every level now - all humanoid characters can now build things, and sometimes you'll find things you don't expect!

A few technical issues: plenty of users have reported a 'Error 1330' error when trying to install the game; this has come about as a result of a Microsoft update occurring that Lucasarts hadn't anticipated, however go to the Lucasarts forums and there are some workarounds posted on there. Secondly, this game is definitely more technically demanding that the previous one: download the demo if you're not sure to see how well it will run on your computer. Finally, if you can't get the feature that imports characters from the first game to work, check the readme file in the installation directory which tells you where you need to copy your old saved games to!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sunday Gaming, 11 Sep 2006
What to do on a Sunday? Now that the weather begins to draw in and there's a water meter in the house siutting on the beach and having baths is out. No wildlife programmes on the tv and endless soap omnibuses. The future looks bleak.

Then comes something truly wonderful. A game that manages to combine great animation, playability, humour and two iconic childhood experiences. Star Wars Lego is one of the finest games I have played in ages, it turned my hjead as I was going to buy Battlefronts but I truly believe that I have bought the better game.

After having played this game all day, I think it is a must for anyone who enjoys a laugh and just wants a simple, easy to play game (you know who you are, you keep wanting to buy Metal Gear 35 but always go back to Tekken 3). To say that it is aimed at children I would disagree with, it is aimed at helping us relive OUR childhoods.

Definatley one of the best games I've played in quite some time and cheaper than buying the Lego kits!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 23 July 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Even if your not a fan of the Star Wars films you will find it hard to deny that this is a great fun game. Lots of characters, some easy puzzles and some a bit harder keep it going. Try to collect all in game goodies and you'll be there for ages. Replayability is very good because of the huge array of goodies to find too. And as with all LEGO tie ins the humour is well timed and very watchable.

5.0 out of 5 stars may the force be with you..., 6 Dec 2007
N. E. Mathers "Nick Mathers" (Glasgow, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'm a not a huge gamer, but grew up playing with LEGO and watching Star Wars. One of my friends had this game and recommended it to me and I'm so glad he did. It's the right side of challenging (without being impossible) and is possibly the most playful game I've ever played in terms of character animations and expressions.

I love it so much I'm planning on going and buying the first one now!!!

PS. Unlike the two people who gave this game 1 star, I've had no problems in installing it or running it. The game has never crashed on me or even hinted at doing anything of the sort. Have confidence in purchasing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply awesome!, 13 Sep 2006
After the original Lego Star Wars game covering eposides 1-3, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Lego Star Wars II. I wasn't disappointed. An already excellent game has been improved in the sequel. Larger levels to explore, a wider range of character traits and abilities and the vehicle levels are much better with more freedom to explore the worlds. Bonus levels have been introduced in smaller stages and with much more to do to complete the entire game, it seems well suited to a large range of abilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great father-son game!, 14 Dec 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My seven-year-old son and I loved the first Lego Star Wars game, and this one is even better. It's really made for two players, and my son and I have had great fun working through the many episodes, which like the first game are all based on the movies.

My son is still playing this game three months on, trying to complete all 99 missions. Many times I come home from work and the first thing I hear is my son calling out for me to come and help him in the game. For me, this makes this game worth its weight in gold.

Unlike some reviewers, we never had any problems installing this game or making it work, although we have had problems with other games in the past. My philosophy on this is that with all the variation in PC hardware, software and graphics cards, PC gamers just have to accept the fact that while most games are going to work correctly on their particular machine, some are not. If you want 100% of the games you buy to instantly work, you need to spring for a dedicated device like an Xbox, or a Playstation, etc. Having so far avoided that costly step, I look at every PC game purchase as taking a small risk that it's not going to work well on my PC.

If you enjoy playing games on the PC together with your kids, you simply have to get this. With so much to gain this game is a risk well worth taking!

1.0 out of 5 stars Exercise in frustration., 25 Jan 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars

Once I started playing the game though, it was fun... up to a point.

Using a keyboard rather than a concole controller made the controls awkward, but I got used to them eventually. Clunky though, and the camera angles make it difficult to see cliff edges until it's too late some times. A problem made worse by AI allies that have a habit of bumping into you, pushing you off the edge.

Speaking of the AI, this game is really not intended to be played single-player. Your allies will range from useless to a liability. They're completely ineffective against enemies, and the enemies know this and will target you relentlessly, in some cases, endlessly respawning until you solve the puzzle.

Speaking of solving the puzzles, on numerous occasions (mostly once I got to Episode V) I found myself without a clue what to do next, and no way of getting a hint. On more than one occasion I found having seen the films first was actually a hindrance to getting through, though largely I managed to work out most things by bludgeoning my way through with blind luck and ignorance.

Speaking of having seen the films, if you haven't you're going to find the cutscenes really confusing (I have seen the films and I found myself wondering about a couple of bits). If you have seen them, some of the action is going to seem contrived, and you're going to struggle to get a good score.

On the whole I found this game to be *terrible*. Stupid AI (on both sides), stupid puzzles, and generally not worthy of either the LEGO or Star Wars franchises.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa718e4e0)

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (PC CD)
4.99