5.0 out of 5 stars The miracle puncture-healing slime that actually works!!!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:01 Mins
Published on 6 Feb 2011 by Chris Hall

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for people who don't have a strong grip.
I could not even get this in to my tyres. My hands could not squeeze the hard plastic bottle enough to get out more than about a quarter of the bottle. It started off well but then the tube seemed to block and I did not have the power to push through any more slime. I do have slight arthritis in my hands and elbows but I can manage to squeeze a ketchup bottle and most...
Published 11 days ago by Ms. W. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars The miracle puncture-healing slime that actually works!!!, 6 Feb 2011
Chris Hall "DLS Reviews" (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Length:: 3:01 Mins

The `Slime' inner-tube sealant offers prevention as well as repair for small tube tyres (i.e. bicycles, dirtbikes or wheelbarrows). The idea is simple - the bright green slime substance is injected into the insides of the tyre's inner-tube, which then coats the whole interior of the inner-tube via the centrifugal motion of the spinning wheels. Once installed into the tyres, the slime will seep into any small holes that appear (or are already present) in the inner-tube, and solidify within the hole, plugging it before any further air can escape.

The slime is continuously in motion within the confines of the inner-tube, allowing it to always be ready to seal any new punctures that appear. The slime will repair punctures which are up to 3mm (1/8 of an inch) in diameter. Obviously the offending protrusion that caused the puncture should also be removed, if indeed it is even noticed!

Having fallen foul to a number of small punctures during my daily commute (of which a portion is through hedge-lined lanes), I decided to give the Slime a whirl. To be honest, the concept seemed too good to be true. As long as the punctures are relatively small (i.e. thorns from pesky hawthorn bushes), we're told the slime will locate and plug the puncture with minimal deflation of the tyres. Once plugged, the puncture is as good as fixed! Really? I decided it was worth a try at least.

The application sounded a little daunting for an average-Joe non-bike-expert. The directions on the back of the bottle tell you to "remove the valve core from inside the tire valve system" using the clever little tool that comes supplied with the bottle (and which doubles up as the lid). Believe it or not, but this really is a doddle to do. Just pop the little plastic tool into the valve, twist it anti-clockwise, and the valve core just unscrews out. A great start!

For bikes (such as my mountain bike), you need to use 4 fl oz's of slime per tyre. This bottle contains 8 fl oz's, so it's half the bottle per tire...simple! Using the little flexible-plastic tubing that's supplied, you just squeeze half the contents into your now very flat inner-tube. When that's done, screw the valve core back into the valve using the little plastic tool again. Now, re-inflate your tyres to the desired pressure (usually noted on the tyre itself). Once this is done, all that's needed is a quick spin of the tyres to spread the slime around and hey presto - job done!

Now then, the main question... does it actually work? Well, previously I suffered from small punctures every couple of months or so (during the summer it's worse because the hedges are often trimmed back and thorns end up everywhere). Since applying the slime (almost 5 months ago) I haven't fallen foul to a single puncture. Is this proof of the products ability? - not 100% scientific proof, but it's good enough for me.

The bottle's label states that it's guaranteed for 2 years after application. Two years of protection from 5 minutes of work injecting it into the inner-tubes...incredible! It's only been 5 months, so I can't really comment on the 2 year claim, but so far, so good.

I knocked out a video of the application process to show how very simple it is to do. Slime is also available for tubeless tyres, as a tyre liner, or as pre-injected inner-tubes (none of which I've tried).

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant stuff, 11 Dec 2011
J. Evans "jodie" (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slime 10015HT 237ml Inner Tube Sealant (Sports)
I found this as I was searching for replacement tyres for my pram and thought I would try it before forking out for the tyres. I am glad I did! It's really easy to use and it works! My tyre had LOADS of punctures and I has fixed them all saving me a small fortune!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 24 Mar 2011
This review is from: Slime 10015HT 237ml Inner Tube Sealant (Sports)
Was not sure it would work but used on a buggy with three tyres with multiple punctures. Was easy to use and has fixed all punctures, still going strong 2 weeks later and no further punctures so far. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea!, 23 Mar 2012
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Slime 10015HT 237ml Inner Tube Sealant (Sports)
I've bought this stuff as I travel to work on a bike and have suffered from quite a few punctures over the years.

Slime is a green liquid in a bottle that comes with a nifty little key to enable you to unscrew the core out of your innertube valve. This provides a clear run to inject/pour the slime into your tube. You just put half the amount into each innertube. To do this you simply turn your bike upside down, take the valve core out, ill with slime and screw core back in, inflate tyre and you're away! Dead easy.

The slime is a liquid suspension of rubber fibres and a coagulating solution. The slime is in constant motion around the inside of your innertube as you ride and as soon as a hole appears the slime solution rushes to where the air is flowing out and plugs the hole forming a rubber seal. Very clever.

Slime will last unopened for approx four years and once inside your tyre will remain active for two years according to the people who produce slime.

I've only had it in for 8 weeks to date but I've had no punctures touch wood or slime! and I have rode over glass shards, thorns and snapped off twigs, brambles along my usual route with no problems.

It appears to be the real deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inner tube sealant., 14 Nov 2011
This review is from: Slime 10015HT 237ml Inner Tube Sealant (Sports)
Used this product on wheelbarrow tyres which we having great difficulty keeping inflated, but since using the "slime" they have been performing great will definately be ordering more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked a treat, 3 July 2009
T. Joyce (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slime 10015HT 237ml Inner Tube Sealant (Sports)
This is an excellent product.
We had a puncture on our Jane pram. All I had to do was squirt this into the tyre and pump it up, no more puncture. I did the other 2 tyres as well in case they get a puncture in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, 13 Nov 2010
This review is from: Slime 10015HT 237ml Inner Tube Sealant (Sports)
Have been using this product now for 4 weeks,have pulled out 2 very large thorns in tyres so far which would have caused punctures without slime installed so can only say it worked for me.Well pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slime Inner Tube Sealant :), 18 July 2011
This review is from: Slime 10015HT 237ml Inner Tube Sealant (Sports)
I put some of this slime sealant in my Hybrid bike Innertubes a couple of months ago and tonight it sealed my first puncture,I pulled out a steel turning in the tyre which had penetrated the innertube to and the slime sealed the hole.I then carried on with my journey,this is excellent stuff.You have got to get some of this. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pushchair tyres, 30 Nov 2009
K. Alderdice (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slime 10015HT 237ml Inner Tube Sealant (Sports)
I brought this product for my pushchair tyres as I was constantly getting a flat tyre on one wheel. Since buying and using Slime the problem has not reoccurred. My toddler and I can now go for long walks in the country without the worry of getting a flat.

A must have product for all pushchairs with pneumatic tyres.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phil and Teds pushchair - superb!, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Slime 10015HT 237ml Inner Tube Sealant (Sports)
Our pushchair had more punctures than I care to remember, so we thought this was worth a go. My husband said it was really easy to use, and that one tube did all three wheels. The two punctures it currently had disappeared and two weeks later we are yet to sustain any more.

Marvellous stuff!