4.0 out of 5 stars Good to be back...........
Being a long term fan of the GTA series, I bought this both on psp originally, and PS2 next. Make no mistake, this is a great game. Some people are moaning that its a little lightweight, but this shows how much expectations have risen since the original came out.

Liberty City itself is still fantastic; you can spend hours just exploring, enjoying the visual...
Published on 25 Nov 2006 by Dino Amore'

3.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, but still fun
This is a straight conversion of the first ever GTA game to appear on Playstation Portable. The first thing to say is that if you haven't yet sampled the neon excess of Vice City, or the mindbending scale of San Andreas, there is absolutely no reason to buy this as you can now easily pick up either of those games at a budget price. If, however, you're a diehard GTA vet...
Published on 10 July 2006 by R. McDonald

4.0 out of 5 stars good but not much new material, 22 Mar 2006
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2) (Video Game)
Ok. So this game is basically GTA III with motorcycles, minigames, more weapons, and a slightly different storyline. 90% of the other updates since the original GTA III are missing. However, this game is still simply amazing. Even if it weren't a PSP game, I'd still Love it. Sure, it's recycled the entire cities from GTA III, and the basic plot scheme... and the characters... and cars... but it's still a GREAT game. Plus, it's practically built for the PSP, as you can start up anytime and do a mission or two, or go on a rampage or joyride. You can play for a minute or two, or you can play for hours, like me.
As far as the storyline, I personally Love the organized crime background better than I did the Boyz in the Hood style of San Andreas, and better than the more Scarfacey mob style of Vice City. It has you doing the same stuff as before; Kill this guy, run this package, blow up this truck, kill this guy.... But they keep you interested, and the storyline is decent. I'm only 30% done the game, but it's not completely horrible so far.
The combat is the same as always... lock on, fire, never miss. Unless of course your target is partially obstructed. In which case you ALWAYS miss. Once you get the Shotgun, Revolver, or heavy MG type weapons, combat is easy. Even when there's a million enemies on you in certain missions, it's really very simple. Only one mission has been hard combat-wise so far, and that was easily solved by getting into a jeep and running over the enemies. Or you could just hop on a motorcycle, gain some distance, and then turn towards them. They'll usually run directly in front of the bike, so just spraying the machine gun takes out everyone in the general direction. It works great on Avenging Angel missions as well.
The minigames are a huge part of the game, and they range from street racing to dodging chainsaw killers, SmashTV style. The racing is my favorite, although the action in GTA games will never compare to Ridge Racer games, or even NFSU. I also enjoy the "Car Salesman" game, where you take different shoppers out in different cars for a drive. Some want to go on a quiet, traffic-law abiding ride, and others want to chaos havoc, go fast, and run the occasional jaywalker over. The Avenging Angels minigame brings you into the ranks of an urban militia type group looking to clean up the streets of Liberty City. It's much like Vigilante mode, except you can drive whatever you want, and it's a lot easier if you have the guns. It also has some pretty good rewards, that you can find for yourself.
The vehicles are, as far as I've seen, pretty much the exact same. There's a couple new additions, but not many. The bikes are just your average dirtbike, the horrible maneuvering Harley-wannabe, and the awesome Ninja-lookalike. I rarely drive cars; I snag a bike whenever possible. Driving cars is awkward, since you really can't drift, and the controls are a little shaky. Unlike the motorcycles, which are just street-racing monsters. They'll stop as fast as you want, turn as tight as you want, and basically go as fast as you want. They squeeze through traffic awesome, it takes forever for them to blow up, and, best of all, you can shoot straight ahead. They're just superior in every way, as far as I'm concerned.
Anyway, I guess it's on to the ratings now. This game is good. Real good. But it's not much new material.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific!, 10 July 2007
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2) (Video Game)
This game and Vice City Stories are my two favourite GTA games because they create a more realistic feel to the two cities (Liberty and Vice) that were used in GTA 3 and GTA: Vice City. The missions are much better than GTA 3, and I liked that. San Andreas is probably the best GTA game, but this is definitely worth the price. No doubt about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kinda underrated, 19 Nov 2007
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2) (Video Game)
I love this game so much! OK, it's not as good as San Andreas, but this game is still pretty entertaining! Great story, great graphics... I'd say it's a mixture between GTA 3 and San Andreas in terms of graphics and gameplay. There aren't as many missions as San Andreas, of course, but this is still really nice! Buy if you like GTA games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014
Good condition

4.0 out of 5 stars GTA LCS Is Great Fun But Not A Classic, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2) (Video Game)
Although this will not go down as the best game, GTA LCS is still enjoyable enough as it is and the characters, voices and the soundtrack are all fine and the story and gameplay are fairly decent. This game is a reasonable little earner that there is something to enjoy and that's just good enough for some fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic buy And Fun, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2) (Video Game)
This is the second GTA I have played I'm not all the way through but make no mistake I am having a great time, I do need to get a bit of help from my sons now and then but I am getting better.
Since my mobility reached almost bed bound I had to find new ways to pass the time, so when my kids suggested a lovely pink Ps2 I was a bit unsure but I have been having a blast and the GTA series are my firm favorite at the moment although I will need a new system to play the newer games but I have got plenty of time with this one before it is an issue.
I would recommend this game 100%, also the seller was speedy and very helpful, you can't ask for more than that, so get to the basket and buy lol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand Theft Auto-Liberty City Stories, 21 Dec 2013
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2) (Video Game)
This arrived in time and in good condition. The game has been played since arrival and enjoyed for the graphics and the content.

2.0 out of 5 stars Seller Review, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2) (Video Game)
I'm not going to say anything about the game at all. 'Why not?', I hear you ask...

Because I don't have the game! Believe it or not, I ordered GTA Liberty City Stories and they sent me San Andreas!!!!!!! In a pretty shabby condition, damaged case, no manual or map included. Although the game DOES work though.

It is only a matter of good fortune that I was planning to get San Andreas in the near future anyway, so I couldn't be bothered to send it back.

But seriously, how basic a mistake is this? I feel like I ordered Batman Begins on DVD & got Superman Returns.

All in all, I cannot recommend this seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a great game, 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2) (Video Game)
what an exellent game to play. i recommend this to all GTA fans out there. i never really played this game properly i just liked driving round the streets in a car and listening to the in game music. this is one perfect game to play

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 13 Aug 2013
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2) (Video Game)
Mint Disc/Cartridge, Great Case, Mint Cover, Well Played, Nothing entirely wrong with this Game, Reason for buying it cos i loved this Game / series of game / what it was based on

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2)