Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on 24 April 2006
ive been following ben harper's work for a while now and must admit that what i most enjoy about it are his mellower accoustic tracks as opposed to the rockier jams...not that they are bad at all! this double cd is without doubt nothing short of amazing! like his previous double album, 'live from mars', cd 1 is more mellow and soulful where as cd 2 is more up-beat starting with one of my favourites from that cd, 'better way'. if you know ben harper's work, and enjoy it, you will not be disappointed, guaranteed! it's an album that really grows on you the more you listen to it. a definite buy for 2006!
on 2 April 2006
This is an amazing new release with, what i think, is a a slightly new style from Ben. It has a more upbeat, funkier array of songs on the heavier (not heavy, but heavier then the other cd, which is mostly acoustic) cd like 'Better Way' and 'Black Rain'. The acoustic cd, I found, Is brilliant as background music and when you want to chill, and it is not too depressing. Even 'Morning Yearning' has a slight happy build to it and emotionly strong music to it with violins and double bass. I love the new instrunments he has added, and in songs such as 'Sereve your Soul' which has a great climax of music at the end to finish off the album. I thank Ben for the amzing music he has given us over the years and how he is still churning out some amazing tunes. If you like Ben Harper then this is definatly a must have album. and in the box set it has some really cool extras.
on 23 March 2006
This has to be, in my opinion, the best Ben Album to date, the whole thing is a work of art, even the box is truly beautiful. I put this album on in the shop where i work and so many people asked about it! every song seems to have meaning and feeling behind it, and the music is appears very 'together'. i recomend this album to everyone reguardless of their music taste. All the three CDS in the box have a totally differnet feel and theme, but all are equally as good! An amazing CD Alround
on 1 December 2008
Recently got into Harper via a friend. I liked it so much that I bought his back catalogue! Check him out - I will be very surprised if you are disappointed...