5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best bits of TV from that decade.
Published on 11 Nov 2012 by J. S. Hardman

3.0 out of 5 stars Sit com british style.
Not a huge fan of this, I bought on recommenation but could not get into it at all. I guess its one for those die hard sitcom fans, the acting was good with notable actors but not for me though. Recommended for those among us who enjoy sitcoms.
Published 13 months ago by Smooth_pierre

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best bits of TV from that decade., 11 Nov 2012
J. S. Hardman "Consultant software developer ... (Near London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Cold Feet: The Complete First Series Plus Award-Winning Pilot [DVD] (DVD)
The back of the case for "Cold Feet the complete series one", says "Immersing us in the lives of three 30 something couples". When I first saw Cold Feet on TV, I had just hit my 30's. Watching it now, it's safe to say I'm no longer in my 30's. Both then, and now, this is a brilliant series. It's interesting though how my perception of it has changed. When I first watched it, it was just brilliant comedy. When I watch it now, it's perceptive and clever comedy drama. I thought it might have felt dated, but it didn't - I just responded to the writing differently. Definitely one of the best bits of TV from that decade.

The script is very clever. The characters and settings are perfect. The casting is absolutely spot-on. Whether it's the 6 main characters, or the supporting cast of work colleagues, neighbours, ex-partners, station staff, passers by etc, I cannot fault the casting or the acting.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbroken chain of the western wind, unbroken chain of you and me., 27 April 2006
Junglies (Morrisville, NC United States) - See all my reviews
What a clever little show this is. A fusion of comedy and drama set in the North of England in Manchester, once the home of the wealth and glory forged in the white heat of the Industrial Revolution and now the home of the greatest soccer team in the world, Manchester United.

This series has got it all. A mix of class and a little race thrown in with your obvious stereotypes. Modern men and somewhat less modern women against a backdrop of post modern England with the trams on the streets and emancipated women but where the same old problems of men relating to women appear again and again. The music is the sort of techno pop for which Britain became famous in the late 1990s and there is more than a little Cool Brittania about this show.

Others have dwelt upon the characters and plot lines of the show which are of less importance to me in the construction of this review.

What fascinates me here is the parallels which are established between three couples based on a combination of two friendships, two men and two women who between them draw in two other people which establishes the basis for the show. The relationships between all of the characters develop each week where clearly a longer time has passed enabling a snapshot of their intervening lives to be taken. In a fascinating crossover we experience a full gamut of emotions resulting from the complexities which evolve from both the developing relationships as well as the emerging histories of each of the players.

The cameras follow each couple from a common starting point each week which establishes a base and then as the comedic drama unfolds the complexity and the situations become almost moving stories themselves. The decision to site each character in a different work / home environment places that character in their own milieu which adds to the depth of the character development and brings a sense of normalcy to the proceedings which people of differing social groups can relate to.

I find too that the situations are also very credible and lifestyle depictions are also very realistic particularly the boys in the pub after work whilst the women of the household are waiting at home with their own priorities cast aside. While the female actors are all excellent I do find that the male actors exhibit a lot of the aspects of men which women love to hate and find comfortable at the same time. Having said that one of the great strengths of the scriptwriters is their uncanny knack of showing which gender is the clevere of the two.

All in all this is a very well produced, very entertaining and very thought provoking show which brings laughter and tears and which bodes well for future seasons.

Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the whole lot and watch it in one go,,,,,,,, but be warned if your in your 30s you will think omg is that me? v good, 3 Sep 2014
Ms Poetry "Sm H-K" (England, Hampshire) - See all my reviews
I had to get the lot of this series, I remember seeing it on TV the first time round , Will not spoil it by saying about any sad bits but it is a brill piece of our culture and at the time these actors were a bit older than me but now I can relate to them v well. It has bittersweet moments and funny ones it is a mixture of all the emotions you can think of and well worth getting the whole lot as I have done, so I will not review them one by one this will be my only one on this series..... good quick postage and watchable over and over again. You will not go wrong with this or in fact getting the whole lot as I did.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sit com british style., 17 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong, 13 Aug 2013
Classic and pure genius. The English version of Friends and with the ridiculously gorgeous James Nesbitt and stunningly funny Fay Ripley.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coupling and Manchild...place in blender...hit puree!, 5 April 2013
My wife and I love this show. It's a great combo of drama and humor. Well acted and relates to real life more than you think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still wonderfully funny, 10 Dec 2012
I ordered this because I had been enjoying Monroe and James Nesbitt's acting. My husband did not see this when it was first broadcast and when he watched the fist show he too was hooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing better, 15 Feb 2011
I think Cold Feet is possibly the best series EVER. I recommend anyone - especially in their thirties or forties - to buy the whole lot and curl up on a sofa for a weekend and watch it non-stop! I loaned my series' to two friends recently and they both got addicted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cold Feet - Classic shouldnt be missed, 5 Jun 2009
A. Capper - See all my reviews
What can you say about cold feet except its excellent and a true british classic. Orginally billed as britains answer to Friends in my opinion delivers so much more than. Its both a comedy and a drama set in manchester, england and follows the lives of 3 couples all friends through the highs and lows of the intertwined friend/relationships.
I started watching in series 3 and although I was lost to references to past events really enjoy watching the characters relationships all develope, instantly went out and purchased the back catalog. ME and the missus still enjoy watching the series at least once a year - it like catching up with old friends

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC !, 30 April 2006
I missed this series when shown on TV this has to be a must see ! I mean all 5 series too !

Cold Feet: The Complete First Series Plus Award-Winning Pilot [DVD]