5.0 out of 5 stars A British answer to Harry Connick jr., Michael Buble, et. al., 24 May 2006
This review is from: New Vintage (Audio CD)
It is refreshing to hear such a professional rendition of popular songs from such a young man. Peter Grant is 18 years old, although his voice gives the listener the impression of someone older, who has had years of experience behind him. In fact, I would call his voice remarkable.

The CD production is obviously the result of lots of hard work by all involved. The quality shines through the more you listen to it. Peter Grant has been fortunate to combine his undoubted talent with such an accomplished management team and other professionals.

I commend to anyone who likes the 'standards' and singers such as Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and Tony Bennet, etc. to buy this CD. You will not be disappointed and you will also be helping to support a young British talent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - a real 'find', 22 April 2006
Elizabeth Leyden "Virtual Liz" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Vintage (Audio CD)
This CD has been playing constantly since I got it.

This 18 year old has got a fantastic, mature voice, and seems, from his TV appearance last week, to have a confidence and ease while performing.

The songs are well chosen. From the first notes he sings of 'Joanna', you know you're in for a real treat. My other favourite tracks are 'Spooky', 'Girl from Ipanema', 'On Days Like These', 'Modern Way', and 'We've Only Just Begun' and listen out for a 'swing' version of 'I Saw Her Standing There'.

The CD cover compares Peter Grant to Harry Connick Jr. I much prefer Peter!

I'm looking forward to hearing him sing Mack the Knife.

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over Michael Buble, 26 Jun 2006
Daren H. S. Gibbons "dazfunky" (Sydney, NSW, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Vintage (Audio CD)
I ordered this album on a recommendation from a friend, it arrived this morning and I have been playing it continually, it is sensational.

I could take or leave The first track Joanna, the real highlights are, Spooky, The girl from Ipanema and the stand out track you're the first, the last, my everything. Peters delivery of this song is outstanding.

The whole album is a refreshing change from the usual tracks that lots of artists all record.

So this evening turn the lights down low, open a fine wine, cuddle up to your loved one and just listen and enjoy what is an amazing album.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful New Talent, 20 April 2006
This review is from: New Vintage (Audio CD)
At last a new British voice to be proud of - and I mean proud! As someone of more "mature" years I have despaired of hearing an exciting interpretation of real music again but here is a young man who makes the most wonderful sounds and has such a feel for the lyrics. We have been blessed with such great composers in the 20th century and it is uplifting to hear their music come to life again - it made me dance around the kitchen!

Good luck to you Peter, may you go from strength to strength and reach international fame. I am certainly glad I found you - more please....

Patricia Smith, U.K.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic debut album from this talented Young Yorkshireman, 13 Dec 2006
Keith Turner (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Vintage (Audio CD)
I bought this cd on the strength of hearing Peter played on Michael Parkinson's Sunday Radio 2 show, so wasn't really sure what to expect. I certainly wasn't disappointed, this is a fantastic album from start to finish. Peter has an incredibly mature voice for someone so young and obviously has immense talent. I took in Peter's UK tour at the Alban Arena, St Albans a few weeks ago which was fantastic, a young singer who performs as well live as he does in the studio. Well Done.

5.0 out of 5 stars This kid can swing!!!, 1 April 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: New Vintage (Audio CD)
This album is a must for everyone who loves this style of music. The phrasing, the diction and the sheer quality of his voice is truly outstanding. You will not beleive the talent from someone so young. The tracks that will just blow you away are 'Joanna', 'The best is yet to come', 'On days like these'...
The rest of the tracks??? You just want to keep playing over and over again. This is a must buy and will truly give Michael Buble a run for his money. Our very own home grown talent. Keeping this genre alive as they say.
Buy this album YOU WILL not be dissapointed.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Young Guy, Great Voice, and Talent, 17 April 2006
C. FULLER (Brixham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: New Vintage (Audio CD)
This debut album from Peter Grant is excellent because it showcases a new singer with talent in songs both new and old. The musical arrangements are first class and this is a vocalist we will hear more of in the future. My favourites are the oldies like "The More I See You" but his "You're The First The Last My Everything" is outstanding. Peter is a "one-off", not a copy or someone trying to imitate, he doesn't need any of that. A definite best of 2006.

Clive Fuller

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly amazing!, 2 Dec 2006
Efthivoulos E. Nielsen (Copenhagen, Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Vintage (Audio CD)
The minute I heard the first track on this CD (Joanna), I was stunned!

The rest of the album does not disappoint either. Peter Grant's renditions are truly amazing. This guy is REALLY talented. I simply cannot wait til his next release of self-penned compositions. In the meantime, buy this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best new young Talent for years, 23 Aug 2006
D. S. Stott "Freddie Frog" (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Vintage (Audio CD)
It is amazing to hear songs of this type performed by such a young singer, but he performs them in a style that is reminiscent of that other great british singer Matt Monroe, now alas no longer with us.I was particularly attracted to the song "On Days Like These" which was performed by Matt to publicise that special film "The Italian Job". But no matter, Peter Grant has his own style and I hope we will be hearing a lot more of his talent in the very near future.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Discovery, 5 July 2007
This review is from: New Vintage (Audio CD)
Was browsing the other day -no intention of buying anything specific when I saw this among the shelves. I'd not heard of him before, but enjoy this genre, and was caught by one or two of the tunes which I knew I would enjoy. Combined with a great price in HMV (sorry Amazon), I played it in the car on the way home, and it's been hot on the go ever since!. I'd enjoy hearing more from this lad - a smooth voice and an intuitive performance in this style. Excellent, and Highly recommended.

ARRAY(0xadc772b8)

New Vintage
New Vintage by Peter Grant (Audio CD - 2006)