4.0 out of 5 stars Classic euro metal - guaranteed gumby free
No, it's not an album by Warrior Soul called "Doro", it's the latest from the long standing Queen of Euro metal. So long standing, that I recall seeing her with Warlock in nineteen eighty mumble, before it became Doro & Warlock, then Doro. But I'm sure we'll both draw a veil over that.
I haven't really kept up with her career over the years and was...
Published on 1 April 2006 by Mr. H

3.0 out of 5 stars Something missing...?
Published on 9 April 2006 by Tikaboodude

3.0 out of 5 stars Something missing...?, 9 April 2006
Tikaboodude (Sheffield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Having the majority of Doro's back catalogue, with a number of her limited edition releases to boot, I was eagerly awaiting the release of Warrior Soul. Now I have it, I'm a little disappointed. If, like me, you were expecting power-driven, harder edged material such as on previous albums (Love Me In Black & Machine II Machine, to name but a couple), then you may be left wanting. The only track that showed promise for me was Ungerbrochen, but this only lasts 1:37! All the tracks on this album are good & hold up to any of Ms Pesch's previous offerings, although they do seem to hark back to the type of song writing from Angels Never Die & Doro. They are more laidback & mellow, which is no detriment in itself, but I prefer the type of songs that make the hair on the back of my neck stand up & have a little more aggression to them,(Do You Like It from Love Me In Black is one of those).

Having said all that, you definitely get your money's worth with this Deluxe Edition. It comes in a rather natty 'book-like', bound cover & has 3 bonus tracks (there is a hidden version of Warrior Soul at the end of track 14). There are also 2 video clips & access to exclusive on-line content, with chance to get your hands on backstage passes!

I have given 3 stars due to the lack of power behind most of the tracks on this album, because for me it's all about the music & not the packaging, but all you die-hard Doro fans will probably love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic euro metal - guaranteed gumby free, 1 April 2006
Mr. H "Mr H" (Embra) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Warrior Soul (Audio CD)
I haven't really kept up with her career over the years and was intrigued to find out how the decades had treated her. Had she gone Europop I wondered? Perhaps it was all power ballads and gauze filters. Well, it seems that Ms Pesch has stuck to her guns and is still dealing in blazing heavy metal! Can I get a hell, yeah!
To be honest, I was mildly stunned at how good this album is. Before it begins to peter out anout three quarters of the way through she serves up anthem after anthem, with a top notch backing band. It rocks incredibly hard, and we all know I like my rock hard every night. The highlights are many, but in "You're My Family" (dedicated to the fans), "Thunderspell" (with it's cries of 'heavy metal thunder') and the title track Ms Pesch has crafted a triumvirate of power metal jewels as good as anything in her back catalogue.
Edit the last three tracks out of your playlist and you won't hear a better classic metal album this year.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor., 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: Warrior Soul (Audio CD)
Has the potential to be a great album, but lets it's self down slightly. I get the feeling that she just went in the studio, as it was time to make another album. Not a classic from the queen of metal.

5.0 out of 5 stars great classic rock, 27 Aug 2013
This review is from: Warrior Soul (Audio CD)
a return to form of one of europe's best heavy metal artists
great songs from heavy riffs to soul full ballads a classic

5.0 out of 5 stars Warrior Soul by Doro, 5 Sep 2011
Doro Pesch is not just incredibly gorgeous, in my opinion she has the best female voice in rock and has a whole lot of song writing talent to go with it!

I have been a fan since sometime back in the 1980's when I tuned the car radio into the BBC's Friday rock show and heard 'Burning the Witches' from Warlock days, it is not often I hear music that knocks me right out, but this was one of those rare occassions and I was totally hooked from then onwards.

Doro has gone on from strength to strength and now over 25 years later she is still getting better and better, she has a voice which one moment is silky smooth and next is really powerful and capable of belting out the most incredible rock music.

Doro has not produced a single dissapointing album, if I had to name a favorite then Warrior Soul would probably be it, this album would be a good starting point for someone just getting into Doro.

What I really notice about Doro more than most musicians, is that each album she produces is different, it is definately Doro's style, but a different theme, what an imagination the lady must have.

Europe, particularily Germany seems to be the place to be if you are into Rock music, the prevalent music in the UK is c**p (and what rhymes with c**p!! yes you guessed it, the favorite music of the UK).

Doro, please come and visit us in the UK more often!!

Warrior Soul
Warrior Soul by Doro (Audio CD - 2006)