5.0 out of 5 stars What a pretty toy!
This is a traditional kaleidoscope. Look into it and twist the end to see a fantastic world of gems galore! It is made of tin, so it is durable and lasts well, and is beautifully patterned on the outside. This toy is great for giving for a present, because it provides simple fun.
Published on 6 Jan 2010 by S. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Good toy
Takes me back looking at the lovely creative patterns in this toy. It's easy to use and is well worth the price .
Published on 26 Jan 2012 by bubbles

5.0 out of 5 stars What a pretty toy!, 6 Jan 2010
S. Jones - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely traditional kaleidoscope, 30 Sep 2010
This review is from: Classic Kaleidoscope - Tinplate (Toy)
I agree with the previous reviewers' comments. This is good value for money, and it's quite nostalgic that it's made of metal and not plastic. There's a satisfying rustle as the beads shift and the patterns evolve - a welcome change from the bleeps of computerised toys.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the past, 18 Jan 2011
This review is from: Classic Kaleidoscope - Tinplate (Toy)
I bought this for my 3 year old as a stocking filler after remembering how mesmerised I used to get by the colour and patterns they create.
This is made of tin and feels sturdy and just the right size for her to play with.
She seems to enjoy playing with it and if I'm honest so do I, a great old fashioned toy and a nice break from tv and plastic tat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Son loves it, we love it... just like the one I had years ago..., 9 Jun 2011
This review is from: Classic Kaleidoscope - Tinplate (Toy)
Bought one of these for our lad (8) who enjoys science, contraptions, and so on. We thought he might enjoy one of these, and we were correct. He loves it, and enjoys the many different images created... so, so pretty. Fairly sturdy too. He wanted to know how it worked, so we explained that (educational, too, see ;>). Overall, and excellent little toy. If you're considering one of these, this version is a good one. We'd happily give one of these as a gift.

Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but interesting metal kaleidoscope, 15 Oct 2009
Claire Richards (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Kaleidoscope - Tinplate (Toy)
The kaleidoscope was not as large as I have envisaged it, but it is quite 'jolly' looking and does all that a kaleidoscope is supposed to do. Made in China of course!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but so attractive, 2 Jan 2011
This review is from: Classic Kaleidoscope - Tinplate (Toy)
A really lovely, well made, old-fashioned toy - although I suspect I enjoy it more than my daughter who is perhaps at 2 years 8 months too young to use it properly!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun & Colourful Kaleidoscope, 16 Feb 2010
Lynn Ross (Brodick, Isle of Arran, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Kaleidoscope - Tinplate (Toy)
Great moments shaking it up and checking the results. Can't wait to share it with my grandkids

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Classic Kaleidoscope - Tinplate (Toy)
Believe it or not I bought this for my 79 year old mum!! She had one as a kid and was so nostalgic about it that I got her one. You should have seen her face, brought back so many happy memories. These are lovely. proper tin one, like in the old days

5.0 out of 5 stars Kaleidoscope, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Classic Kaleidoscope - Tinplate (Toy)
I wanted a kaleidoscope for each of my girls and have looked around the shops for one. They are either made of cardboard or plastic and very flimsy in design. When these arrived and I opened them, I was immediately transported back to my own childhood. I had one almost identical to these!! The colours in it are amazing. The end piece turns very easily. They are exactly the right size for little hands to hold. The tin is very durable and can handle being dropped and knocked about (as can happen). I cant wait to give them to my girls for christmas. (Im sure mine was even the same colour!). Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mine!!!, 12 Oct 2013
M. Brown (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Kaleidoscope - Tinplate (Toy)
I bought this for a small friend but realised when it arrived that I'd really bought it for myself! It filled me with nostalgia for Christmases past when my sister and I would receive one of these tin kaleidoscopes in our Christmas stocking. I've played with it so much since I bought it - my sister tried to steal it so, without luck, but I'll buy her one of her own for Christmas. It's lovely, colourful and intricate.

Classic Kaleidoscope - Tinplate