5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and comes with the bits I needed.
I would class myself as a infrequent user of soldering irons. I know how to use one but I seldom need one.
Recently, I needed to repair an old 60's record player from Braun where a wire had become loose in transit...I could see it was a simple matter of soldering it back. Being an infrequent user of soldering irons I had neither solder or an iron to hand.
This...
Published 21 months ago by Chuable

Published 5 months ago by Mr C M Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and comes with the bits I needed., 17 July 2013
This review is from: Draper 71415 Soldering Iron Kit (DIY & Tools)
This kit came with everything I needed and at a great value price - the tweezers I used to grab the wire, a simple metal stand so the iron doesn't burn my kitchen table, a sponge, some solder and of course the iron itself. I plugged it in, it worked, I had a working record player. I'll probably now loose all the bits as it sits in a drawer for the next 5 years. Regardless, peace on earth was restored.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value kit, 9 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Draper 71415 Soldering Iron Kit (DIY & Tools)
Good kit for the money. Comes with everything you need to get going and sort the job. Certainly worth having.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done- Not for Electricians., 16 May 2011
This review is from: Draper 71415 Soldering Iron Kit (DIY & Tools)
The stand sucks and i had to make my own but as a soldering iron it heats up quick, maintains temp and makes quick work of simple soldering jobs.

Because it lacks a fine tip i wouldn't recommend this for circuit boards and what not, that said build quality is good and you get a few useful extra's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Job Done, 31 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Draper 71415 Soldering Iron Kit (DIY & Tools)
It does what is says on the packet, I have soldered stuff with it successfully.
If you want to solder stuff, this is the product for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars all this cheap and delivered, 26 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Draper 71415 Soldering Iron Kit (DIY & Tools)
h i bought this soldering iron by luck my head phones broke i took them apart and the wires was loose i was going to throw them away when i saw this thay fixed them like new so not only fixed but cheap delivered and i still have them to use again

1.0 out of 5 stars ... draper would have been OK but the tip was useless after 40 minutes I know this world you only ..., 14 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Draper 71415 Soldering Iron Kit (DIY & Tools)
Wish i had paid attention to the reviews here but I thought draper would have been OK but the tip was useless after 40 minutes I know this world you only get what you pay for and it was only a tenner and that was all I could afford at the time with hindsight I should have put the tenner away until I had enough for a decent bolt. Very poor don't buy even if you only intend soldering occasionally....

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what was needed., 7 Mar. 2013
Mrs. A. M. C. Smith (Scotland UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Draper 71415 Soldering Iron Kit (DIY & Tools)
Ordered for my husband as a needed at that moment - boys' toy!! Used already satisfactorily and found to be just what was needed.
Good quality and good packaging.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tip disintegrated, 22 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Draper 71415 Soldering Iron Kit (DIY & Tools)
Just another review about the tip.

Used it for some small cable work. Tip lasted <1 hour before it fell to bits.

It's a single use item to be honest, better off paying for a Weller if you want to use it more than once.

If your job is <20 minutes, you can safely order it knowing that it will fail soon after for a refund when your job is done!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic iron, 16 Jan. 2013
Nick Flynn "NickF" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Draper 71415 Soldering Iron Kit (DIY & Tools)
This is a good, basic lowish powered iron, that heats up pretty quickly and seems to maintain temp pretty well too.

The kit is supplied with a small amount of solder, a rudimentary stand, a sponge in a plastic container and some useable tweezers. All apart from the stand are up to the job for a beginner ... the stand is just a bit flimsy and care should be taken when using it.

The kit is supplied with two chisel tips, one straight, the other with a dog leg ... OK for basic requirements, but if you want to do anything more precise, then I would spend a little more and get an iron with some pointed tips.

For the cash, if this is your first iron and you only want it for general usage ... it is worth a tenner.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tip disintegrated, 30 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Draper 71415 Soldering Iron Kit (DIY & Tools)
As per other reviews, the iron heats up quickly and works fine... for a while.

After about 3-4 hours of use the tip bent over, upon inspection had a gaping hole in the middle, then came apart completely.

Therefore, not fit for purpose. Boo!

Draper 71415 Soldering Iron Kit