5.0 out of 5 stars E330 rocks, 6 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Olympus E-330 Black Digital Camera (Electronics)
With the moving screen you really can shoot over the crowds. camera is very solidly built and used to retail for nearly £1k. it's now a little old but still very capable, unless you plan to print off images A3 or above you really dont need above 7.5megaPixels.
Battery lasts for ever and the 3 fourth lens format is good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not only plastic, 20 Aug. 2010
T. E. Geraridis (Katerini GREECE) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olympus E-330 Black Digital Camera (Electronics)
I'm shooting (good) pictures since 1985 when I bought my two Contaxes and a bunch of Calr Zeiss and Yashica lenses. Most of my pictures captured in diapositive films and the camera sets were in Aperture Priority mode. My Contaxes are still here and ready to shoot (but where all the images gone?).
But this is another story. From the old ages???!!! I remember that I was admiring the Olympus cameras for their small dimensions OM series), their excellent construction (OM -4 titanium), and their versatility (see the high speed captures with their dedicated flashes.
In the digital age the Oly C5050Z lands into my hands, and her qualities (construction, easy of use, image clearness, luminosity of the lens) won me at once. But I wanted something faster, to be able to captures motorcycle races, like the old days with my manual focused Contaxes. Then came the E 330 which I bought it fron Digital Depot (UK) with the 14-45 Zuiko in a good price. May be is strange but I was attracted of her shape and her price of course. The camera is well fitted in someone hands and everything is close to the fingers. The body (plastic) has its own quality (very good) and for the capturing speed I have to say that I'm completely satisfied (I'm an amateur). Images are sharp and close to filmlike but only till the ASA setting is to 800. Beyond this climax images are really noisy. Autofocus is acceptable when light is enough, but for more accuracy Live View and the enlargement mode is always on the backside of the camera, ready to help (and really does it well).
So to be honest and a good judge.. I've paid 260 GBP for body and lens at a time when Canon and Nikon and even Pentax demanded a lot more. I bought a unique body with lovely design, with rugged construction (even plastic made out shell), quality feeling, versatile use (programs), Live View mode, and supersonic feature for the dust (really no problem at all). I took many shots in a light rain without any protection and the camera is still working well.
Today I have also my Contaxes, the C5050z, the E330 and recently I bought a used E1 from e-bay at a good price. The only thing that is missing is TIME, because as I live in Greece I have the good weather in my site.

Pros:
Excellent construction and handling (for the money to pay for in nowadays).
Lovely design (for me).
Well balanced colors and natural chroma.
A lot of pre-scene modes, in which one can find everything.
Ready to shoot in just two seconds and keep shooting.

Cons:
The battery lower door. Its toy-made and you have to handle it very carefully. A little bit the same for the card door.
I was not able yet why the back screen was a lot bigger than the image in view. But the screen is crisp and very clear.
Except the noise that appears beyond 800 ASA all the rest looks very good to me.

Olympus E-330 Black Digital Camera