5.0 out of 5 stars stick with the'orse's 'ead 'andle
A basic old-fashioned stardard toy, simple but well made. Went down a bomb with my five year old grandson.
Published on 26 Sep 2009 by Mike H

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit weak on parts
Bit weak on the handles. Had to have new ones fiitted on my daughter's very soon after she got hers.
Published 7 months ago by ND Winser

5.0 out of 5 stars stick with the'orse's 'ead 'andle, 26 Sep 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply georgous, 30 Nov 2009
Lorna K. Payne "LKP" (Kent England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toys Pure Wooden Hobby Horse (Toy)
Really lovely Item. I cannot wait to give this to my son Chrsitmas day.
Very well made. Thank You!

5.0 out of 5 stars Will endure the test of time, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Toys Pure Wooden Hobby Horse (Toy)
My daughter rides around on everything, has a good imagination but I thought for once I'd buy her the real thing instead of using the dirty mop, so went about my search for the perfect hobby horse.

I find the stuffed variety a bit hideous personally (especially the ones which make noises too!) but was delighted when I came across this one. It is just a simple wooden cut out on a handle, robust, with a little, but effective, detail painted on and varnished over to secure the job. And the helpful little wheel to makes it a little easier to glide along.

I prettied it up a little by tying a long length of ribbon through the 'bit holes' and wrapping it round the 'body' to create a reins and a saddle. This only needs a change of colour to make it suitable for either gender.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit weak on parts, 27 Jan 2014
ND Winser (England, E.U.) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Toys Pure Wooden Hobby Horse (Toy)
My grandson who is two and loves this. Obvsiously he is supervised when using it. Well made and worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing toys don't have to cost the earth., 29 May 2012
This review is from: Toys Pure Wooden Hobby Horse (Toy)
When my 6 year old son asked for a hobby horse I feared that nothing less than a proper horse head with sounds and flashing lights would do. How wrong I was. He and his 2 year old brother both got one for Christmas. They delighted in "customising" their own with paints and glitter and now, nearly 6 months later, it's still one of their favourite toys. This may in part be due to Mike the Knight on CBeebies and the Castles project at school. But this is good imaginative fun that they can do together and - generally - without too much argument. Brilliant.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 13 May 2012
This review is from: Toys Pure Wooden Hobby Horse (Toy)
This arrived in a massively oversized box. The quality of the product is a little disappointing. There's a gap where the pole meets the head of the horse, there are drips of set varnish and one side of the horses head feels like it hasn't been sanded enough. It's too close to our son's birthday to be able to return it now so we hope he'll still enjoy it. I'm just glad it's not his main present. The delivery of this item was awful. Picture the scene. A massively oversized box containing a lightweight hobby horse left on our path as it wouldn't of fitted on the doorstep. Our house faces the North Sea, it was a windy day and we were away for the weekend. Luckily one of our neighbours came and saved our box when it blew across the road and towards the sea.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wonky wheels, 23 April 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Toys Pure Wooden Hobby Horse (Toy)
Fab product BUT the wheels feel off all 5 that I bought for our primary school. The wheels had to be glued on by our handy man! If a product has wheels they should work! Otherwise great value for money and lovely to look at - once the children can use them i am sure they will enjoy them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 27 Feb 2011
This review is from: Toys Pure Wooden Hobby Horse (Toy)
My son chose this from a range of fancy ones. Who needs one with batteries - all you need is an imagination.

Toys Pure Wooden Hobby Horse