Price:£4.50+ £2.03 shipping

on 7 January 2013
This was a gift for my parents who already own various brain training games. They are really enjoying this, and find it is a good addition to the collection. The games are quite different to there other games. Would recommend!
on 13 February 2008
Having done Brain Training I thought I'd give this a go. The exercises are good fun and I like that fact that it focuses on memory, thinking, calucating etc..... so testing different skills. I've enjoyed playing the games, but now I've got all my gold medals I feel a bit let down as there are no new challenges, unlike Brain Training, and I've only had it a couple of weeks. And as some other reviewers have said it gets tedious as you keep getting the same old tests. I would recommend it, but it would be nice if there were some extras. I need to try playing in link mode perhaps that will rekindle my enthusiasm.
on 14 November 2013
I bought this product with the intention of using it to improve my rusty mathematical skills as I am a dyscalculia sufferer and will try anything to improve.
The game is pretty simple with a basic user interface - no fancy graphics or anything. A younger child would probably need adult supervision to help them properly grasp what each minigame requires them to do, as the instructions given are basic and brief.
The games go from easy to surprisingly hard - hard enough that they are challenging for an adult who is out of practice.
The game doesn't focus on maths as much as I'd have liked, but the other areas it covers are handy too so I'll get use out of it.
on 6 April 2012
Great game. Having good fun with this game as a family with two nintendo ds's. Would recommend to those who need something to increase their concentration!
on 9 March 2010
We got both Jr Brain Trainer and Big Brain Academy for Christmas, and this is the one that my kids (7 & 9) play with more out of the two. Jr Brain Trainer is far more babyish and limited.

This one is more tricky, but easier for you to control because you can pick the bit you want to do and practice (play) at it as much as you like, as well as taking the tests and seeing 'how big your brain is'.

Even for adults it's a challenge - and my 9 yr old is better than I am in some areas! My high score is a B- and I have a University degree!

On the other hand my 7 yr old enjoys it too, even though some sections are a bit beyond him. He just plays with the bits he likes...

If you are trying to decide between Jr Brain Trainer and Big Brain Academy then I would definitely go with this one.
on 19 September 2007
Whether you're 8 or 80, your brain needs to be excercised and this little baby does just that - it works, its fun and you only need to use it 5 mins a day to feel way better. Go for it!
on 6 December 2006
I think this game is very good and it definately keeps you entertained!

Some of the challenges are a bit hard but you get in to them eventually, the overall level what you get is a bit unfiar but keep going and you'll get an A in no time. Both single and multiplayer gameing is fantastic.
on 19 July 2007
Big Brain Academy Is Not Your Normal Type Of Game. Unlike Other games You Do Not Have Levels And Storylines, instead Big Brain Academy stimulates your brain with challenges which stretch your intelligence, , doesn't sound fun does it? believe me, it is!

Big Brain Academy Is Designed to Test Your Brain And Increase Your Intelligence. Big Brain Academy tests you in five different areas; Think, Memory, Analyse, Compute and Identify. Each are has three different games which tests your intelligence.

There are three play options in Big Brain Academy; test, practic eand vs. In test Big Brain Academy tests your intelligence and how much your brain's improved. Your are tested in all five areas and one game from the area is picked at random. After you have completed the test you will be given a brainweight (the heavier the better), a ranking (A to F, with A being the best) and it also says what type of brain you have. In practice yuo can chose what area you want to play in and what game you want to play. you are given a brain weight for that area and a medal (determing how big your wight is, the medals range from bronze to gold with gold being the best) the highest scores are then safed.. In vs. you can connect your ds with other people's ds and see who is the most intelligent, and best of all you only need one copy of the game.

This game is very entertaining and fun, but some games are much better than others and you cant play this game all the time as you will get bored that way, it's aimed more at the casual gamers. The games do after a while get boring, but if you leave it while and play on it again you will not find them so boring. I highly recommend this game, but it's not for everyone.
on 5 March 2007
This game is great fun and does train your brain to think better effectively. Unfortunately it is incredibley easy. I can imporove in a short spell and get very high marks! You can pick it up and get better in all the areas by memorizing all of the questions! However there are a wide range of questions, some of the questions seem to be asked more often than others! Some of the types of questions are very fun but they are all very easy. A very fun game though and very addictive! 8/10
on 24 January 2014
Product is great just what I needed for a present.
Did have to reorder this due to it not turning up the first time round but had no problem getting a refund then place another order.