5.0 out of 5 stars No It Can Not Be True...
Yes I shocked my friends and family by saying I liked this Cd.
Long time jazz fan that I am I found that Barry hit the right note with each track on this Cd, covering each one as if it was only written yesterday, his voice capturing the song and making you feel each word , each note and for a long time hater of Barry that was hard for me to say.
After years of...
Published on 23 April 2006 by Mr Happy

1.0 out of 5 stars Stale Pop Idol karaoke.....
We've read the news that his covers CD of '50s pop songs by Johnny Mathis, Bobby Darin, Frankie Avalon, the Everly Brothers and Elvis Presley, recorded at the suggestion of his old pal Clive Davis, is currently topping The Billboard 200 for the first time since " Live " in 1977.

Unfortunately, his " Greatest Songs of the Fifties " ranks not at the top but among...
Published on 27 Mar. 2006 by Mr.Style Joe

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars No It Can Not Be True..., 23 April 2006
This review is from: The Greatest Songs Of The Fifties (Audio CD)
Yes I shocked my friends and family by saying I liked this Cd.
After years of making fun of his music the guy stuns me with a classic album that I think every jazz fan should buy.Let us hope it does well in the charts, because to be really honest this his his best Cd to date...

4.0 out of 5 stars Barry is the Best of the Best, 27 April 2006
This review is from: The Greatest Songs Of The Fifties (Audio CD)
Totally nostalgic for those who appreciate good music .... great delivery by Barry .... it was better than I expected ..... and it's nice to be able to understand the words.

This is a great CD. I am looking forward to the Greatest Songs of the Sixies next. Barry can do no wrong! He can sing anything and make it his own sound/song.

Granted i do get a few odd looks when i play this in my BMW but it really does make great driving music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly delightful!, 12 April 2006
This review is from: The Greatest Songs Of The Fifties (Audio CD)
I bought this CD half-dreading another run-of-the-mill 'rehash of the oldies', but hoping Mr Manilow would somehow weave his charm and arranging skills over these beautiful songs. WOW! Not only are the musical & vocal arrangements gorgeous, but the phrasing and delivery of the lyrics bring fresh vitality to these songs. Proof of the pudding is 'Unchained Melody' - I used to detest this song, after hearing it being mercilessly butchered by countless karaoke wannabe's, but Barry's rendition is positively sparkling! Highly recommended album indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Valentines day, 13 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The Greatest Songs Of The Fifties (Audio CD)
I haven't been a fan for very long, even though I'm now in my 60's, but loved this. Brought back some very happy memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Songs of the Fifties, 14 April 2010
This review is from: The Greatest Songs Of The Fifties (Audio CD)
I loved the songs on this cd. Full of happy memories of teenage ye4ars, dances etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mooses Mum, 9 May 2012
This review is from: The Greatest Songs Of The Fifties (Audio CD)
This 50s CD is an excellent disc the songs take us back to our early days .I have loved Barry's songs for as long as I can remember, my family were always fed up with the Manilow songs but they do like this oldie CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great show from Barry, 10 Jan. 2013
This show was worth watching. I would have loved if the DVD had been longer. However it was interesting and the songs are terrific. He puts a lot into anything he does and never dissapoints.

4.0 out of 5 stars Barry Manilow - The greatest songs of the Fifties, 29 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Greatest Songs Of The Fifties (Audio CD)
Quite disappointed with this one, I have others in this series and didn't find the choice of songs on this one as good as some of the others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Relax to Barry., 14 Feb. 2015
D. G. Lloyd "davlynn9" (Cardiff, South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Greatest Songs Of The Fifties (Audio CD)
A C.D full of enjoyable ballads sung in Barry's inimitable style. Put your feet up and relax to the music which is very soothing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memory Lane, 11 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Greatest Songs Of The Fifties (Audio CD)
A wonderful singer singing wonderful songs. So many songs we have forgotten about and Barry brings them all to life again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Greatest Songs Of The Fifties
The Greatest Songs Of The Fifties by Barry Manilow (Audio CD - 2006)