5.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER LACUNA TRIUMPH!!!
Firstly, if you like Comalies you'll love this! It seems to simply continue where the last album left off, going from one GREAT song to the next. Christina's vocals are mezmerising amidst the low under-the-surface keyboards and full on heavy guitars! Each song has its own appeal, and the bass-lines shake everything in speaker-shot! Listen to it loud and with full bass to...
Published on 10 April 2006 by Mr. A. Fletcher

3.0 out of 5 stars World Domination beckons....but....what a fuss about nothing
Firstly let's get this out of the way, I have no axe to grind here. I am a casual fan who has heard all the bands CDs and who in fact saw the band in London in 1997 before they even had a record out. But I'm not under Christina's spell and I'm not devoted to the band - although I saw them last year for the 4th time and thought them boring beyond belief.
But to...
Published on 6 April 2006 by Malibu

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 9 April 2006
This review is from: Karmacode (Audio CD)
Ill keep this review short, This is definately the bands best album to date. Easily the heaviest stuff theyve done in a long while (listen to the first two tracks and youll agree). Well done to Lacuna Coil for coming back with a heavy yet beautifuly melodic masterpiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can LC do no wrong, 10 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Karmacode (Audio CD)
Tremendous album...a more varied collection of songs which would suit the new listener to LC's music.There is a greater flexibility of style than previously yet their coherent 'rockiness' exists in a flavour which is uniquely their own. Buy it, play it, enjoy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Islamic Goth Metal, 14 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Karmacode (Audio CD)
I bought this because I'd heard the song Closer on Guitar Hero and quite liked it. Lacuna Coil (Empty Spiral) are Italian and from Milan, although they sing mostly in English. The is a very good cd with great production and lots of differing influences and instruments to give it depth and complexity. I do like the Islamic influences (I don't know how else to describe them), beautifully sung by Cristina Scabbia, the lovely singer. The heavy metal guitar playing behind the vocals marries well with the vocals. The song 'Within Me' is very well crafted and instantly likeable; they also do a version of Depeche Mode's 'Enjoy The Silence'. There are similarities with Evanescence, although I don't know their music at all well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lacuna Coil - Karmacode, 15 Aug. 2006
Michael (Hastings, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Karmacode (Audio CD)
I've never been too into Lacuna Coil but have enjoyed their music enough to buy all of their albums, just not a fanatic. I bought Karmacode, already having heard a few songs from it and being very impressed by what I had heard (including a cover of Depeche Mode's Enjoy The Silence.)
Now as I said I'm not a fanatic on Lacuna Coil but, after hearing Karmacode all the way through a couple of times, I got really hooked and caught up in the music leaving me astounded and VERY happy that I had purchased this disc.

You'd be doing yourself a big favour ordering this right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL, BUT THEN WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU EXPECT?, 31 Mar. 2006
C. E. Harmer "lonewolf_and_cub" (NE England, Newcastle) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Karmacode (Audio CD)
Just got home from my local record store and as a big fan of LACUNA COIL was delighted to hear them playing LC`s latest "KARMACODE". The album recalls everything that makes LC unique, the haunting tones of Christina Scabbia`s voice the epic sound and fantastic riffs and perfect complementing of different vocal styles between Scabbia and Andrea Ferros mixing together to make something special indeed. It`s metal with beauty as well as raw energy and as for their cover of Depeche Mode`s "Enjoy the silence" it has to be heard to be believed.
A powerful album which should delight both die-hard fans and newcomers. My only regret is that I will have to wait another full two days before it goes on sale in the UK so I can return to said store and purchase it.

4.0 out of 5 stars New to Lacuna Coil but already well in to them, 5 Jan. 2009
Karl Grocock (Luton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Karmacode (Audio CD)
A superb album that hasn't left the cd-player yet - after two weeks that is praise indeed. Was initially sceptical of the music and still not convinced that tracks 2 and 3 aren't the same track! If you like Evanescence, After Forever or Within Temptation then this is for you. Buy it and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars In a class of their own., 20 May 2007
This review is from: Karmacode (Audio CD)
In my review of Comalies, I wrote that it would difficult for LC to top that superb offering. Well, if Karmacode fails to do just that, it is at least as good. This is no ordinary metal band. There is something quite unique about them, and Karmacode illustrates how far ahead of their rivals they now are. In every way, the album is superb. From the cover art, to the musical content, this is a must buy CD for those who want more from their `Metal` than crunching riffs accompanied by grunts and groans. Lacuna Coil are a musical `Beauty and the Beast`. The Rhythm section will hit you in the chest as hard as any baseball bat, and whilst you sit there with your back crushed up against the chair you happening to be sitting in, the angelic vocalists superb voice will lift you ever upwards, but then that bat will hit you in the chest once again. Listening to Karmacode is an experience. Not just another CD. If you are new to Lacuna Coil, buy this and Comalies. You'll be glad you did.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... Within Temptation wished the lead singer Cristina Scabbia a happy birthday on a Facebook Page - I listened to ..., 16 July 2014
Mr. Andrew Horlock (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Karmacode (Audio CD)
Had never heard of them unitl Sharon Den Adel from Within Temptation wished the lead singer Cristina Scabbia a happy birthday on a Facebook Page - I listened to the band on Spotify and bought this album - another good European Band. worth a listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these guys, 25 Oct. 2007
Starbuk (Herts, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Karmacode (Audio CD)
Now I predominantly listen to RnB/Dance music so Im not your typical Lacuna Coil fan (although I do love Linkin Park), especially as they are supposed to be "goth metal".
Some albums take time to grow on you, but this one has hooked me from the start.
Christina Scabbia's vocals are wondrous. I could listen to her voice 24/7 :)
Although some ppl dont like the male vocals, I quite like the mixture of the two.
Some ppl will draw comparisons between Lacuna and Evanescence. They share *some* similarities, and while I love Amy Lee's voice too, from an album perspective, I much prefer Lacuna Coil's Karmacode...
I find it hard to fault this album from start to end, and certainly can't see myself tiring of this album.

Well worth buying :)
I hope they come over to UK :)

3.0 out of 5 stars World Domination beckons....but....what a fuss about nothing, 6 April 2006
But to Karmacode...
I hear it has already sold about 40,000 copies in the first week, which is pretty amazing, but why they are generating such a fuss is beyond me.
The album is certainly better than 2002's disappointing Comalies, but still no match for 'Unleashed Memories'. The trouble? It's just more of the same....and 'UM' was here first.
So if you are devoted to this band from before I doubt you'll be upset (unless you share my belief that the band is stagnant) but if you are looking to see if the band have injected some fresh life into their sound I fear you'll be disappointed.
Funny enough, I was listening to this CD earlier and thought I'd found a track which was a bit different, but then I realised it was a Depeche Mode song....which just about sums up Karmacode for me.
Not bad, just very average.

Karmacode
Karmacode by Lacuna Coil (Audio CD - 2006)