on 23 February 2012
I bought this to help with my neuropsychology revision, and to that end it has helped. However, it's not much like the picture on Amazon! It's actually grey, and made of foam, and the colour-coded section you can see here is only on half of the brain, the other half is more anatomy-like (which is handily labelled a,b,c etc and defintions of each of these come in a little booklet!). I'm overall pleased with the product, but it is perhaps a little overpriced! (Especially as after a couple of days the two halfs no longer stick together properly!). If you are a visual learner though, this would probably come in very handy!
on 24 February 2014
I work for Headway Shropshire, a charity that rehabilitates, helps & supports people with brain injuries & also their families & carers. Part of my job involves going out to speak to people about who we are & what we do & I bought this as a visual aid for when doing this. I am really pleased with this purchase, it is the perfect 'prop' to use in talks & demonstrations. It is also a durable model & has just the right of information detailed on it to make it interesting for people.
on 30 May 2014
The brain came well packaged and came exactly as expected having read the posts on here. There are letters on one side of the brain and a little booklet telling you what they mean which is good if you want to practice learning all the names without simply reading them. It's a good size and spongy so won't break. It came very fast after ordering.
on 3 December 2015
The soft foam cross section brain model is very good for teaching purposes. It is not life size for an adult brain and is very light but I bought it so that students could get an understanding of the different areas of the brain and for this purpose it is ideal.
on 24 December 2009
this is rather small and would have been better if both sides had been colour coded

the fact bok was interesting
on 3 October 2013
This is nothing like the description, it does not come in more then to parts is foam and has no stand, i wanted it to make a mold of an anatomically correct brain to add audio for an art project at uni. extremely disapionted as not at all as advertised.
on 8 January 2013
This model is not only suitable for kids but i gifted it as a christmass gift to my friend who would like to specialize in brain neurology but had no clue even how does the brain look like, my friend hold this model for hours and days imagining the brain along with the book "The Brain Book" by Rita Carter it made an excellent combination for a gift,,,,

simply i felt jealous and i am thinking to have one for myself :)
on 15 February 2012
This is not at all what I was expecting. The spongy foam brain isn't even the same colours as the picture. the brain comes into 2 halves and simple names some of the larger internal structures. Of very little use educationally.
on 4 May 2015
I wasn't sure about this from the description but when I got it I was very pleasantly surprised. It is a great size and fits in one hand but is not life size. Really useful when describing the way we think. Great well made product.
on 7 March 2014
Before buying this I read the other reviews. its the same colour as the pictures its a good size but not to big I don't mind that one side has writing and one letters. If your studying medicine
its probably to basic but for educating my nearly three old son and my self its perfect.
I brought it because I am reading THE HAPPINESS HYPOTHESIS by Jonathan Haidt a very interesting book and I wanted a visual aid.